Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Can risensongs be bred at any time or is there a specific time window?

Edit: Thank you!

Edited by Lost_Unicorn

5 minutes ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

Can risensongs be bred at any time or is there a specific time window?

They can be bred any time.

Just finished reading the main thread of everyone dismayed over not being able to grab pink sapphires from the AP and currently haunting the AP myself, but I just had a thought about a strategy that might work:
1. breed normal blue sapphire eggs and hold them until low time.

2. Dump them into the AP. They will go to the top of the AP because of their low time. Have friends attempt to grab them for me.

3. Said friends gift or trade them back to you.

Two questions:
1. Does an abandoned egg gain a day when it's dumped into the AP? AKA if I dump a 2-days-left egg, it magically becomes a 3-days-left egg when my friends see it in the AP?

2. Is there anything stopping my friends from gifting/trading that egg back to me? since I'm the one who dropped it into the AP.

If there is, then another way would be friend drops the egg again and you attempt to grab it.

Will the new bright penny Coppers breed true or do they have to be bred with an Electric?

Edited by Oddsoxdi
a stray D

1 hour ago, Arwen17 said:

Just finished reading the main thread of everyone dismayed over not being able to grab pink sapphires from the AP and currently haunting the AP myself, but I just had a thought about a strategy that might work:
1. breed normal blue sapphire eggs and hold them until low time.

2. Dump them into the AP. They will go to the top of the AP because of their low time. Have friends attempt to grab them for me.

3. Said friends gift or trade them back to you.

Two questions:
1. Does an abandoned egg gain a day when it's dumped into the AP? AKA if I dump a 2-days-left egg, it magically becomes a 3-days-left egg when my friends see it in the AP?

2. Is there anything stopping my friends from gifting/trading that egg back to me? since I'm the one who dropped it into the AP.

If there is, then another way would be friend drops the egg again and you attempt to grab it.

As someone who's gotten 2 cb back through this method, and caught two for others: it works. Keep an eye on the # of people in ap though, if its super high its riskier. Use time.is to help be on the same page about timing.

1. No longer, it used to but now it keeps the exact same time (unless you incubated it, then it gains that day back like a trade)

2. Nope, technically you could even toss it to your friend to abandon and catch it yourself if you really wanted to. Whomever tosses the egg just can't be the first to pick it back up.

I'm kind of frustrated at the moment.  I'm curious about how difficult it would be to do a pink sapphire thing as mentioned by @Arwen17. Trying to go back to AP trades is really problematical.

Also, I Warded 3IUHC against sickness   Jun 04, 2021, 1:49 pm EDT.  At the time I warded the egg, there were 4 days and 2 hours left. That is why I warded it instead of hiding it. Figured I'd hide it after hatching.  However, it is now 4:02 pm EDT, and it says 4 days and 1 hour left. But it should be hatching by now.  Has anyone else encountered something like this?  If the ward runs out before the thing hatches, I'm going to be pretty upset...

3 minutes ago, Emerald01 said:

I'm kind of frustrated at the moment.  I'm curious about how difficult it would be to do a pink sapphire thing as mentioned by @Arwen17. Trying to go back to AP trades is really problematical.

Also, I Warded 3IUHC against sickness   Jun 04, 2021, 1:49 pm EDT.  At the time I warded the egg, there were 4 days and 2 hours left. That is why I warded it instead of hiding it. Figured I'd hide it after hatching.  However, it is now 4:02 pm EDT, and it says 4 days and 1 hour left. But it should be hatching by now.  Has anyone else encountered something like this?  If the ward runs out before the thing hatches, I'm going to be pretty upset...

You caught it at a weird timing of tickdown, early in the 2hr and late in the 1hr could do this i think. Either way ward lasts for 6, shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by Tini

Thanks, @Tini  I hope you're right.  It's kind of worrying.  The whole thing with the sapphires is killing me, too! LOL  I used to see them in the cave all the time, but now... poof!

I traded for a 2G Electric egg from a Copper x regular Electric.

After I hatched it, the hatchling appears to be of the blue variety; I did not stun it. Is this the way it works, or is it my eyesight? 

Anyone having trouble breeding for the new Copper Egg (The Pennybright variant)?  I tried breeding a copper with an Electric Dragon, but I got a Sulphur variant instead.

15 minutes ago, Mathcat said:

I believe Stun doesn't wear off when a hatchling is teleported.

True, but I traded for the egg -- I hatched it myself. It has never been stunned.

8 minutes ago, missy_ said:

True, but I traded for the egg -- I hatched it myself. It has never been stunned.

The hatchling on your scroll looks like the regular one to me. Note the very yellow/gold feet.

Edited by purplehaze

8 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Stalked your scroll, it's a normal hatchie. The s1 is pretty close, the difference is in the eye.

16 minutes ago, missy_ said:

It has to be stunned to get the alt color.

@purplehaze @Tini @DragonLady86   Thank you folks so much. You saved me. I'll go stun the hatchling now. 

ETA: I guess this is a silly question, but if I bounce the hatchling, will it remove the stun's extra day? And double checking that the blue Electrics keep their color even though teleported. 

Hatchlings can gain views/clicks if they are abandoned or traded/transferred, though stun can't be used on the same hatchling again. 

Edited by missy_

2 hours ago, missy_ said:

@purplehaze @Tini @DragonLady86   Thank you folks so much. You saved me. I'll go stun the hatchling now. 

ETA: I guess this is a silly question, but if I bounce the hatchling, will it remove the stun's extra day? And double checking that the blue Electrics keep their color even though teleported. 

Hatchlings can gain views/clicks if they are abandoned or traded/transferred, though stun can't be used on the same hatchling again. 

Nope, it just removes the view block. The day remains. (Probably because if you transfered a stunned hatchie <1d everything would break.) you can trade and it remains the same though.

8 minutes ago, RoseRedAus said:

How long does it take for an abandoned egg to appear on the AP?

However long it takes the ap and egg time to sync up. 

3 hours ago, RoseRedAus said:

How long does it take for an abandoned egg to appear on the AP?

The eggs that are in the AP right now were caught/bred on June 2. Most of them are at 4d 12h, which means they were born 2 days and 12 hours ago.

That time can vary by player activity -- how many eggs are being abandoned and/or picked up at any given time.

Edited by purplehaze

3 hours ago, Tini said:

Nope, it just removes the view block. The day remains. (Probably because if you transfered a stunned hatchie <1d everything would break.) you can trade and it remains the same though.

However long it takes the ap and egg time to sync up. 

Thanks Tini and purplehaze

2 minutes ago, Roseora said:

What does 'thuweds' mean? :)

TJ's dragons from release threads are the first ones made and he names them 'whatever' thuwed. So thuweds are TJs dragons or decendents or copy-cats. If you click on a CB thuwed it'll say verified thuwed to let you know its a real one.

i know these guys have been around a while - can two Purple Ridgewings breed a Tan? i realised (thanks to the Bingo thread), that while i had a tan female and a purple male, i decided i wanted the other gender as well.  so now i'm missing a tan male. is Purple x Purple = Tan actually eventually possible?

Edited by trystan
clarification

11 minutes ago, trystan said:

is Purple x Purple = Tan actually eventually possible?

It is. Proof.