Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

22 minutes ago, Saynna said:

Does anyone by chance know what the percentage rate is of refusal during breeding?

You may find this interesting:

Better keep some Purples ready for any first-time breeding :)

12 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

You may find this interesting:

Better keep some Purples ready for any first-time breeding :)

Ah, that's where I was assuming the rates were. Thank you!

Why did I suddenly have to verify my email to access my Dragon Cave account?

On 3/13/2021 at 10:01 PM, TJ09 said:

Sorry about that—two-factor authentication was just enabled on the forums for people who want to use it, and it appears that for some reason the default is to prompt everyone to set it up.

It should now be properly optional. If you want to add an authenticator to your account (which will require entering a code from an authenticator app such as Google Authenticator after logging in via password), you can do so from the Account Security page.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Why did I suddenly have to verify my email to access my Dragon Cave account?

I read that when he posted, but didn't make the connection.

Problem was that I couldn't get the authentication email -- tried 3 times, checked spam folder, no message.

I finally changed to a different email. It's not the one I would prefer to use, but it works.

5 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Seems they are, with the same name: @genny_war

(or, well, used to be 6 years ago)

hah, i dont think this was it. def someone who i see on the hub sometimes, but i did see a post last night of them looking for something. 

question about Equinox dragons.  the wiki says the habitats they're found in is:

Forest (Autumn), Volcano (Winter)

are Spring and Summer not there yet because they were just released in the Autumn of 2020? and that at the end of the week we know where they'll be in the Spring?

i've come up with a fun breeding schematic that involves CB Equinox dragons, and (as one does), i checked the wiki to see which habitat they're in.... and then realised just how new they actually are.  (yes, i have a problem with Time.  it moves weirdly for me.)

32 minutes ago, trystan said:

are Spring and Summer not there yet because they were just released in the Autumn of 2020?

Most likely. Without any official word on their behaviour (which we nearly never get for migrating species beforehand), we'll just have to wait and observe.

9 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Most likely. Without any official word on their behaviour (which we nearly never get for migrating species beforehand), we'll just have to wait and observe.

yep, thanks! :)

*files away yet MORE dragon information*

[edit: did not see the FAQ. have departed for the name check thread. not sure if i can delete this post]

Edited by Kazeko

Usually at the end of a Festival of Eggs, a bunch of the spriters will post explaining what their eggs were. I thought this information was saved on the wiki but don't see it anywhere. Does anyone have any of this info collected and saved?

On 3/16/2021 at 7:29 AM, Lagie said:

The quoted post only refers to the forums and has nothing to do with Dragon Cave proper.

On 3/16/2021 at 7:38 AM, purplehaze said:

I read that when he posted, but didn't make the connection.

Problem was that I couldn't get the authentication email -- tried 3 times, checked spam folder, no message.

I finally changed to a different email. It's not the one I would prefer to use, but it works.

I've found your old email provider on a few lists of "disposable" email providers. It's very likely the emails are being blocked as a result of that.

5 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Usually at the end of a Festival of Eggs, a bunch of the spriters will post explaining what their eggs were. I thought this information was saved on the wiki but don't see it anywhere. Does anyone have any of this info collected and saved?

A lot is in this thread;

where the first post explains why that isn't as easy to collect as it used to be !

Also if you have the energy, many people listed individual eggs in last year's egg thread !

6 hours ago, TJ09 said:

I've found your old email provider on a few lists of "disposable" email providers. It's very likely the emails are being blocked as a result of that.

I get forum notifications just fine on that email, though.  I realize that forum and cave are different, still why would it be okay on one and not the other?

this is something that differs on an individual to individual basis, probably, but i was curious anyway. why would someone abandon a market-bought egg? ive caught a few off the AP before and have always been kinda baffled why.

11 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

this is something that differs on an individual to individual basis, probably, but i was curious anyway. why would someone abandon a market-bought egg? ive caught a few off the AP before and have always been kinda baffled why.

I've seen people abandon market eggs many times, the latest being angry at misinfluencing the egg (they bit it and it repulsed, hahah). Have seen several people who buy rares from the market just to abandon them for someone in the AP to grab and enjoy as a nice surprise. I would imagine some also get dumped to the AP due to a sudden release and needing the slot, I've caught a few market commons that definitely were abandoned for that reason.

Yeah its mostly either buying specifically to toss to the ap as a gift (mostly rares), or a misinflunce which is unfortunate. (incubate on xols probably also get tossed) The occasional accidental abandon as well of course.

I have nothing to spend my shards on, really, there is nothing in the Market that I need (although I have bought a few Cantors just for freezies). I've bought and abandoned two Golds from the Market, and most likely will do that again fairly soon. Some people struggle to get the needed shards or constantly spend them so always have a small amount, I love the feeling of 'helping out' in some way with the shards I don't need.

On 3/17/2021 at 12:07 AM, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Whether something gets entered in the wiki depends on volunteer contribution.

Personally, I don't love trawling the forums for information. These events usually already take up a good bit of time to document what's readily available in the game, and y'know, I'm an adult with a job and other non-Dragon Cave hobbies, so I prioritize the work that's enjoyable for me. There's a reason the "Check the release thread for additional information" is almost always the last item marked off on the New Dragon Checklist 😅

But if there's information you see lacking, and you know where to find it, I highly encourage you to contribute! The wiki is editable by anyone. Many hands make light work, and all that. :D

Seconded. I do edit from time to time - but I don't think anyone has ever done that particular task without heavy use of the people who collect them within the thread. If you want them - I suggest collecting them as they happen. Then pass them to Stromboli (I never manage to get images right so I'm not going to try !)

1 hour ago, Jazeki said:

Do neutral dragon breeds produce staterae dragons? 

Yup, I have a stat from Thalassa/Heartstealing, and Heartstealings are neutral. 

That got me all excited - and I got an Aso :(

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Yup, I have a stat from Thalassa/Heartstealing, and Heartstealings are neutral. 

Awesome. Thank you. I was wondering if I had to change some pairings around. 

7 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

That got me all excited - and I got an Aso :(

I do that almost every single time someone mentions getting a stat from a pairing, I rush off to breed thinking maybe it's just 'good luck time' or something and then nope.