Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I decided when it was redirecting me to close the tab and go to Settings and clear my cookies, site data, cache, etc.

Sorry about that—two-factor authentication was just enabled on the forums for people who want to use it, and it appears that for some reason the default is to prompt everyone to set it up.

It should now be properly optional. If you want to add an authenticator to your account (which will require entering a code from an authenticator app such as Google Authenticator after logging in via password), you can do so from the Account Security page.

It is demanding I use the two factor on mobile. It will not let me access the forums otherwise. PC there is no issue as it does not pop up.

@HeatherMarie - This is rather belated, but back in the day (2012!), I mainly used gendered crimson flare pygmy hatchlings as dividers for my umpteen storylines, with the occasional nilia/dark myst/seawyrm hatchling where thematically appropriate. They were small enough not to stand out (unlike the skywings I originally used) and not something I would collect otherwise. If I were starting this project now, I'd probably go with ungendered pipio hatchlings instead.

Does the colour of a Cantormaris dragon depend on the first action performed on it or the last? e.g. If I precoged an egg, then incubated it.

2 minutes ago, Charity322 said:

Does the colour of a Cantormaris dragon depend on the first action performed on it or the last? e.g. If I precoged an egg, then incubated it.

It's the last one-- so if you precog it and then incubate it, it'll come out red and not blue.

Has DC been super-slow this past day for anyone else? Recently it's been lagging when opening the 'get page' when clicking in the AP, but today it seems to be extra-laggy even when just refreshing my scroll. I never know if it's actually DC or just my computer, lol.

Does anyone else have an issue that when you're browsing the forum with a youtube video playing in the background, the video audio will skip/stop for a second as a forum page loads?

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

Has DC been super-slow this past day for anyone else? Recently it's been lagging when opening the 'get page' when clicking in the AP, but today it seems to be extra-laggy even when just refreshing my scroll. I never know if it's actually DC or just my computer, lol.

Yup, it's been like it since yesterday for me. Slow when trying to pick any eggs up or trying to breed anything. Couple of people in the Discord channels have been having the same problems too. 

Chiming in here, because the Lag Monster is definitely out to wreak havoc right now, the pesky beast.

Anybody else having trouble buying something from the market?

It's laggy as hell (like the rest of the site) but even with tons of patience it doesn't load and always gives me the "An error has occured" page...

Yeah it's been pretty terrible since about dst time last night. Unable to reach it for 10min at a time sometimes.

Just now, Seriva Senkalora said:

Anybody else having trouble buying something from the market?

It's laggy as hell (like the rest of the site) but even with tons of patience it doesn't load and always gives me the "An error has occured" page...

I'd be careful clicking multiple times, it might just give you a bunch at once.

Edited by Tinibree

29 minutes ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

Chiming in here, because the Lag Monster is definitely out to wreak havoc right now, the pesky beast.

Oh, so it's not just me! Every time I try to pick something up from the AP, it just takes forever and half the time the egg is already gone by the time the page loads. I thought it might be something with my computer, even though my internet connection is fine and every other website loads at normal speeds.

Just now, Seriva Senkalora said:

I just tried buying an egg of the Market and it's not working for me either. So it's not just you.

On 3/13/2021 at 10:22 PM, Mathcat said:

I'd probably go with ungendered pipio hatchlings instead.

also belated on my part, but im starting  a freeze group of exactly this! LOL!

On 3/14/2021 at 4:22 AM, Mathcat said:

@HeatherMarie - This is rather belated, but back in the day (2012!), I mainly used gendered crimson flare pygmy hatchlings as dividers for my umpteen storylines, with the occasional nilia/dark myst/seawyrm hatchling where thematically appropriate. They were small enough not to stand out (unlike the skywings I originally used) and not something I would collect otherwise. If I were starting this project now, I'd probably go with ungendered pipio hatchlings instead.

Crimson Flare and Nilia leftovers are probably the easiest to get these days, due to these breeds being involved in Dusk Pygmy-making XD And I think they are still the smallest sprites?

7 hours ago, Tinibree said:

I'd be careful clicking multiple times, it might just give you a bunch at once.

Thank you, good point! But luckily I only have (had) enough shards to buy one of them. :D

It finally worked for me.

8 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Crimson Flare and Nilia leftovers are probably the easiest to get these days, due to these breeds being involved in Dusk Pygmy-making XD And I think they are still the smallest sprites?

Ungendered, fresh Pipios are pretty dang tiny as well.

5 minutes ago, soullessheartofsteel said:
8 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

5 minutes ago, soullessheartofsteel said:

Ungendered, fresh Pipios are pretty dang tiny as well.

just compared them, pipios are just a bit smaller (crimson flares are sat up a bit more :P), but i would agree that crimson flare and nilias are probably easier to get batches of.

If you're curious about how gendered crimson flare pygmy dividers look in action, you can take a look at the first thousand or so dragons on my scroll. I haven't done anything new with dividers in over half a decade, so everything is really outdated (and in some cases embarrassingly old), but you can still get a feel for visibility.

1 hour ago, InvaderAlexis said:

who collects "rot" codes? i remember SOMEONE did... can someone help me out here?

I just checked the trading page, and it seems like it's someone whose scroll name is "Genny_War", though idk if they're on the forums.

7 hours ago, InvaderAlexis said:

who collects "rot" codes? i remember SOMEONE did... can someone help me out here?

6 hours ago, soullessheartofsteel said:

I just checked the trading page, and it seems like it's someone whose scroll name is "Genny_War", though idk if they're on the forums.

Seems they are, with the same name: @genny_war

(or, well, used to be 6 years ago)

Does anyone by chance know what the percentage rate is of refusal during breeding?