Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

wait... do springs start dropping tomorrow, or is it the next day? O.o 

Edited by InvaderAlexis

The vernal (spring) equinox – which marks the beginning of astronomical spring in the Northern Hemisphere – will take place on Saturday, March 20

So I'm gonna guess tomorrow.

Is anyone else not seeing egg sprites load on fan sites? 

ETA: Looks fine now.

Edited by missy_

22 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Is anyone else not seeing egg sprites load on fan sites? 

Everything looks normal to me right now.

ETA: Apologies; I see it was answered above. I guess then that Spring starts in six minutes? 

Is Winter breeding definitely over at midnight? I googled and it says first day of Spring is tomorrow, so I am pretty sure it is.

Edited by missy_

My leetle tree is wearing its Spring dress. :)

17 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

My leetle tree is wearing its Spring dress. :)

Mine is too 😭

Do Alcedine eggs sort with the color they will be when they hatch?

Is it just me or is breeding producing WAY more no interest/no eggs than usual ? I do mean just common x common stuff.

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Do Alcedine eggs sort with the color they will be when they hatch?

I don't think they do (anymore?) because my eggs always sorted with blue even if they hatched red later ...

36 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I don't think they do (anymore?) because my eggs always sorted with blue even if they hatched red later ...

Thanks! That is what I sort of thought.

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Is it just me or is breeding producing WAY more no interest/no eggs than usual ? I do mean just common x common stuff.

I haven't noticed anything, so my guess is that you're unlucky (or alternatively, I'm exceptionally lucky). The last 28 breedings of mine gave me 24 eggs - and five of the breedings were actually with rares (coppers, silvers, golds), with all four "no egg" outcomes being from the subset of breedings with rares. This was all in the past half-ish week.

2 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

I haven't noticed anything, so my guess is that you're unlucky (or alternatively, I'm exceptionally lucky). The last 28 breedings of mine gave me 24 eggs - and five of the breedings were actually with rares (coppers, silvers, golds), with all four "no egg" outcomes being from the subset of breedings with rares. This was all in the past half-ish week.

5 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

pinkgothic, i think you got lucky! i'm with fuzzbucket on this one--i noticed last week that i got a weirdly large amount of bad breedings between my terrae/terrae pairings.

just bred about 160 pairs of terrae and got about 48 no egg/no interest which is a LOT more that usual. usually i get like 10-20ish (if not less). maybe we have too many commons in the cave rn.

7 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I've had this during the past few days, even using fertility on most of my pairings. I was fairly desperate yesterday and bred quite a bit but some much wanted pairs did not produce. But I was also breeding Winters and some prize lines.

My ratio was WELL over 50% no interest/no egg. One or two included rares, but most were things like pink x albino, water x black, pink x moonstone, soulpeace pairs and other hybrid x hybrids (are those supposed to he harder ?).

Just calculated my breeding/no egg ratio based on the most recent page of my activity tab and based on that got an approx 41% no egg ratio - bred 43 pairs and got 25 eggs/18 no egg...  Compared to last week where the no egg ratio was 26% (32 eggs from 43 pairs).

Edited by Falorni
did more math, edited for accuracy

i have these items in my Action Log:

Incubated EGG with Nina Reed.  Mar 10, 2021, 10:47 am EST

Incubated EGG with Jasper Reed.  Mar 10, 2021, 10:46 am EST

but on both Nina and Jasper it says they can't incubate for 1 more day.

~~~

so as i was setting this up to post at 11:44 a.m. two full weeks later, it occurred to me that the message was still there, because of our shift to DST/EDT.

by the time i've posted this after 11:47 a.m. EDT, they've both reappeared on the Available for BSA list.

so i guess the question is, maybe there be something somewhere that says times may adjust for the Standard to Daylight shift?  i'll have two more Reds available tonight, but it won't be until an hour after their time on the Action Log as well.

I killed this hatchling and attempted to revive it and failed. I had named it before it died. Now the name appears stuck to it. View tombstone

How can I in the future attempt to make zombies and name the successful attempts afterwards? I don’t want to waste names like I did here. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, missy_ said:

How can I in the future attempt to make zombies and name the successful attempts afterwards? I don’t want to waste names like I did here. Thanks.

Unname them before you kill them.

Also:

3 hours ago, trystan said:

i have these items in my Action Log:

Incubated EGG with Nina Reed.  Mar 10, 2021, 10:47 am EST

Incubated EGG with Jasper Reed.  Mar 10, 2021, 10:46 am EST

but on both Nina and Jasper it says they can't incubate for 1 more day.

~~~

so as i was setting this up to post at 11:44 a.m. two full weeks later, it occurred to me that the message was still there, because of our shift to DST/EDT.

by the time i've posted this after 11:47 a.m. EDT, they've both reappeared on the Available for BSA list.

so i guess the question is, maybe there be something somewhere that says times may adjust for the Standard to Daylight shift?  i'll have two more Reds available tonight, but it won't be until an hour after their time on the Action Log as well.

Happened to me with breeding for my lineages, but, I don't think they'll be anything on site about it. The existence of dst is unfortunate, but thankfully its a short term annoyance on dc.

1 hour ago, Tini said:

The existence of dst is unfortunate, but thankfully its a short term annoyance on dc.

agreed!

and yeah, good point.

it's fine. :) 

7 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Unname them before you kill them.

Also:

Thank you. I just added my support for this idea. 

So if dragon name is removed before zombie attempt, if zombie is successful, I can then add name? I haven’t made many zombies and forget that sequence. 

ETA: Thanks, Ruby Eyes.

Edited by missy_

Yes, you can name a Zombie once it is properly risen from the dead.