Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

12 hours ago, TJ09 said:

One possible scenario is password reuse. Google doesn't necessarily know where a data breach is from; it just knows that the password you have saved for dragcave.net was seen somewhere.

A related possibility is that your forum and site passwords are/were the same and haven't been changed since 2017. In either case, changing your password is the safest option.

Thank you for your response, TJ.  I will change my password right away.  Actually, I've been using the same password on both the forum and the site and it's the same one I've been using since I first joined in 2010, so I guess it's well overdue for a change. 

8 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Did that by chance come when you were using Chrome ? Chrome is HUGE on false warnings - though I'd change it anyway

No, I've been using Edge and sometimes still even IE, but I never really warmed up to Chrome.  Looks like it might be just as well. :D

7 hours ago, trystan said:

there's also haveibeenpwned.com to check and see if an email (https://haveibeenpwned.com/) or password (https://haveibeenpwned.com/Passwords) has been found on a site that's had a data breach.

Thanks, trystan.  I went there and they told me that my password had been seen 333 times before. I can only think that they must have been counting the same one over and over. 

6 minutes ago, Stormcaller said:
8 hours ago, trystan said:

there's also haveibeenpwned.com to check and see if an email (https://haveibeenpwned.com/) or password (https://haveibeenpwned.com/Passwords) has been found on a site that's had a data breach.

Thanks, trystan.  I went there and they told me that my password had been seen 333 times before. I can only think that they must have been counting the same one over and over. 

you're welcome.

i mean, i guess that's possible, if you've used it a few times, or it's maybe only lowercase letters and/or numbers (like 123456).  i had a simplistic old password that i no longer use because a random generator could have generated it, if you've seen movies or shows where they set the number of characters a computer starts at the beginning and goes through all the possible combinations in order... XD 

but i'd still change the password to be safe.

Alright, so I was going through and sorting my dragons into their own groups based on species and when I got to Pumpkins I found this dragon:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/wDIDA

Now, the dragon itself isn't the issue. It's the lineage. It has two spriter's alts in it. However... the pink pumpkins are 2G? How could Spriter's alts be 2G?

Is this a normal thing and I've just been blind to it, or is this a rare fluke thing not unlike the Alt colored Sweetlings some have?

Edited by Syiren

16 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Alright, so I was going through and sorting my dragons into their own groups based on species and when I got to Pumpkins I found this dragon:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/wDIDA

Now, the dragon itself isn't the issue. It's the lineage. It has two spriter's alts in it. However... the pink pumpkins are 2G? How could Spriter's alts be 2G?

Is this a normal thing and I've just been blind to it, or is this a rare fluke thing not unlike the Alt colored Sweetlings some have?

Older salts didn't exist until snow angels, they received them after the fact, and so there's kids marri had when they got turned pink had that also got alted. I know the three snow angel scrolls work differently than most, one of them has only salts no matter the year, one of them has a mix, and the last has just the cb salts I think. I just know for a fact one of them has salts and only salts lol.

I dunno that there's any 2g salts outside those though, since it was also that you could only have two of each non halloween holiday at all for awhile so I don't think spriters had an excess to get alted when they got them in the first place outside of the weens

Double checked some wiki stuff and most of the olders didn't get salts at all (holly, vamp, marrow) or were marris (yule, 09, pumpkin) and the rest would've had salts before 2gs could exist.

Edited by Tinibree

8 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

Older salts didn't exist until snow angels, they received them after the fact, and so there's kids marri had when they got turned pink had that also got alted. I know the three snow angel scrolls work differently than most, one of them has only salts no matter the year, one of them has a mix, and the last has just the cb salts I think. I just know for a fact one of them has salts and only salts lol.

I dunno that there's any 2g salts outside those though, since it was also that you could only have two of each non halloween holiday at all for awhile so I don't think spriters had an excess to get alted when they got them in the first place outside of the weens

Double checked some wiki stuff and most of the olders didn't get salts at all (holly, vamp, marrow) or were marris (yule, 09, pumpkin) and the rest would've had salts before 2gs could exist.

Ahh, so it was something added in after the dragon's release. That's actually pretty cool and yet another unique awesome thing about the cave. Thanks.  :D

I stand corrected about snow angels, they're all coded to only have salts its just I mistook frozen hatchies as a sign of both when its just that there's not a salt hatchie sprite for them.

2 of them have 2gs (1 of which has more beyond that), and 1 of them just has a hatchie and an adult.

Ahh, I see. Still, having that confirmation and clarification really helped because I was wondering if there was some sort of glitch that was going on. ^_^; Thanks again.

Really random question, but does anyone know who drew the kitties in the 'please purchase a subscription' banner you get when adblock is on? They are so cute!! (I very rarely turn adblock on for DC so I'm really not used to seeing them, lol.)

It seems to be signed "mew". I think they are counterproductive: I would avoid paying to remove them, because I LIKE them !

9 hours ago, Stormcaller said:

That would explain my partner having 97 compromised ones !

Can anyone tell me which of these two "common" breeds is considered more common, or the "actual rarity" of each (if that makes sense): 

1. Balloon and

2. Waterhorse

I ask because I am doing a lineage with the two of them and for the sake of bloodswaps, am trying to figure out which one is harder to breed.

I know that technically they are both considered common, but there is an annual breeding project or contest/game (I forget what it is called) (?) where people get rewarded for raising a lot of a common dragon. I don't know anything about ratios, but I think that this may skew some of the ratios for those commons in the contest so that they become more or less rare.

Thank you in advance. :)

ETA: I found the contest; it is the Holly Contest, held annually. Last year it was Waterhorses.

Edited by missy_
added Holly Contest info

I'd say balloon is harder. I'm part of a project with a waterhorse x ridgewing pairing, and waterhorses predominate... Balloons I often fail to get when I want them.

@missy_ Nothing scientific about this, just my random observations, but I see Waterhorses in the AP all the time. I don't see Balloons much and they seem to vanish as soon as they appear.

Balloons have certainly become more uncommon over the years, Waterhorses are easier to produce these days.

7 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I'd say balloon is harder. I'm part of a project with a waterhorse x ridgewing pairing, and waterhorses predominate... Balloons I often fail to get when I want them.

3 hours ago, dragongrrl said:

@missy_ Nothing scientific about this, just my random observations, but I see Waterhorses in the AP all the time. I don't see Balloons much and they seem to vanish as soon as they appear.

51 minutes ago, Terces said:

Balloons have certainly become more uncommon over the years, Waterhorses are easier to produce these days.

Thank you all. Based on your responses, I am going to assume that Balloons are more rare than Waterhorses. 

dumb question, but does anyone remember when dragons were changed to display their code on scolls?

if memory serves, in the past dragons (even your own) viewed thru user/scrollname/ would just be called Unnamed instead of (code), and i remember it was super annoying if you collected codes!

Anyone else having problems with notification pop-ups that won't go away?

image.thumb.png.45af6d1425d8bb6b0d6b11266ec3b189.png

I guess it is a minor annoyance, but these used to go away when you clicked on Show Reply. Now they hang around. And see that nice little circle with the x in it? Indicates to me that clicking on the x should make the pop-up poof. But no. It stays until I have posted my reply, no matter what.

I've been hoping to test this for hours - but I can'r replicate - is it a cache issue ?

ETA - managed to test; it goes away with show reply, with refresh the page, and when you type in your answer without doing anything else first...

so....

Edited by Fuzzbucket

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I've been hoping to test this for hours - but I can'r replicate - is it a cache issue ?

ETA - managed to test; it goes away with show reply, with refresh the page, and when you type in your answer without doing anything else first...

so....

Not a cache issue, but it doesn't happen every time. When it does, I find it won't go away until I type in my reply and hit submit. I have not tried refreshing the page. That might work, but shouldn't be necessary.

Just a minor annoyance, so.....

30 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Water Walkers do have eyes, right?

From the encyclopaedia:

• Blue eyes coated with same hydrophobic membrane on feet and sail, protecting it from irritation, infection, and allowing them to see underwater.

Thanks. I haven't unlocked the encyclopedia on them. I had them since before there was an encyclopedia.

I have many (about 30, I think, and a hatchie)  on page 3 of my scroll (at 500 to a page) if you want to view them...

So I had a rather strange, on-site, pop-up? Asking me if I wanted to set up Account Verification (screenshot)? When I navigated from the forum home page to a suggestions thread.
I, out of concern for safety, clicked on the DO NOT option and it fortunately spat me back into the thread I was trying to view. 

Has anyone else encounter this?

Does anyone know what this is about and where it's coming from?