Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Should I care about inbreeding or nah? Caught a few eggs in the past and some of them were inbred.

It's personal choice, really. Inbred dragons aren't an inherently negative thing as there's no health concerns like in real life with certain types of animal. However, if you plan to trade the dragon or it's offspring, inbred dragons are far more difficult to trade or even gift (although there is an Inbred Shelter for such dragons). It's worth noting that purposely inbred dragons; such as ones with a pattern, are sought after by some people and thus may have some "value" to them, usually if the prospective trader is able to obtain a sibling from the same pairing/lineage. Unfortunately I don't have an example of a "purposely-inbred" dragon, although you may be able to find some in this thread: Inbred Ev-Gens. An example of a randomly inbred dragon is one such as this Vampire, where a brief glance shows several instances of inbred ancestors (ItiO and Seuss appear at least twice).

If you're collecting sprites, or don't necessarily mind what a dragon's lineage is, inbreds can be as valuable as you see them as (although other people might not value them as highly as you do). I for one, appreciate the work gone into purposely inbred dragons, and don't mind collecting inbred BSA or Vampire dragons either. Randomly inbred dragons aren't something I actively seek, although I will take them if gifted or if I'm after Vampires for my army. In essence, it's entirely your choice how you feel about them. smile.gif

I've heard rumours that people are using a script that auto grabs rare eggs? Is there any prevention to people using scripts?

I think the reports of people using scripts are highly exaggerated. I am pretty sure that TJ has ways of catching people who try it.

If any user sees anything suspicious that makes them think someone may be using a script they need to report it to a mod or directly to TJ.

Edited by purplehaze

Aren't Holidays special - like in they go to the AP DIRECTLY and since there's never a time above 7d no time gets added?

I mean OK later on when there's a solid wall for a few days it might be different once they are treated like any other egg.

But as long as they're at the start of the AP queue and get picked up then I see Fuzzy's method working.

I might be mistaken though  unsure.gif

You are mistaken.

Take this Halloween:

The wall formed within hours. The Halloween eggs immediately behind the wall began to loose time, and by morning they were showing at 6d 20 hr (for those who know how to check the backlog) while those dragons which were actually IN the AP were showing 7d.

If you were hunting the AP at 8 am, you would think, 7d egg.... Must be a blue, YAY! Then when it hatched Blush, you would wonder.... WHY?

Why is because of that backlog. The egg *showed* 7 days at 8 am.... But had been bred 4 hrs earlier, at 4 am... During the blush window. And unless you checked the backlog *right* when you caught it (I've found very few who know how despite it being quite simple), there is no way to know. And re-abandoned eggs are a pure nightmare (ie, person grabbed it form the AP, held it for a few hours, then tossed it again).

If you are brutally lucky, one of the original clutch was never allowed to hit the AP, and you can see from that *egg's* time when it was bred. But that won't work, once it hatches. And otherwise.....? You are out of luck.

So counting backwards will work with eggs traded from the original breeder, but NOT from anything from the AP.

Though I suspect it will take a couple of days for a wall to form, once that wall forms.... All bets on the solstice breeding times are off.

Cheers!

C4.

Edited by cyradis4

I've heard rumours that people are using a script that auto grabs rare eggs? Is there any prevention to people using scripts?

Yes, telling TJ anything suspicous. There've been quite a few scroll burnings recently. In essence, someone might get away with it for a while, but will get caught eventually.

Can I set up an IOU trading post in the trading forum? Since were coming up to christmas I figure a lot of people will want to arrange christmas breeding and such. Or has this been done/is against any rules?

Also: How does a custom sort work? I want to arrange it so I have eggs, hatchlings and frozen hatchlings at the top and the rest sorted by breed. Do I have to rearrange everytime I get a new dragon with a custom sort?

Edited by Tango

Can I set up an IOU trading post in the trading forum? Since were coming up to christmas I figure a lot of people will want to arrange christmas breeding and such. Or has this been done/is against any rules?

Your question is actually answerd in the trading rules sticky: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=113928

There is a holiday trading thread open during holidays: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=155180

If you want to do IOUs, you need to conduct then in private. You may say you accept IOUs in your sig.

Also: How does a custom sort work? I want to arrange it so I have eggs, hatchlings and frozen hatchlings at the top and the rest sorted by breed. Do I have to rearrange everytime I get a new dragon with a custom sort?

You can set it to sort by breed but have hatchling's and eggs on top. I don't know if that also includes fozen hatchling's though. Sorting it this way doesn't require a custom sort unless it doesn't include fozen hatchling's. I haven't frozen anything so I'm not completely sure how it works.

You can set it to sort by breed but have hatchling's and eggs on top. I don't know if that also includes fozen hatchling's though. Sorting it this way doesn't require a custom sort unless it doesn't include fozen hatchling's. I haven't frozen anything so I'm not completely sure how it works.

I'm pretty sure that Breed sort puts frozen hatchlings with the adults.

So, to Tango - I'm afraid if you want your frozen hatchlings at the top you will have to use custom sort, and yes, you would have to move each new dragon to its place as it grows up or is frozen. If you keep up with it and don't let too many pile up it isn't too hard to move them. I use custom sort because none of the other sorts were what I wanted.

Sorting by age also puts frozens at the top, right below the growing things.

Sequence is egg => leetle tree => hatchlings => frozen hatchlings => adults

There's no way to combine that with sort by breed though. Currently, automatic sort only supports a single sorting argument.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

(for those who know how to check the backlog)

And unless you checked the backlog *right* when you caught it (I've found very few who know how despite it being quite simple)

How do you check the backlog? ninja.gif

Am I allowed to post a raffle thread in the forum games section? I have 3 CB eggs I want to raffle off (2 coppers and a magma) and I plan to dump all the eggs I eventually get there too.

Am I allowed to post a raffle thread in the forum games section? I have 3 CB eggs I want to raffle off (2 coppers and a magma) and I plan to dump all the eggs I eventually get there too.

Yes.

I have also seen raffles done in the departures thread and in fact did one myself there a day or so ago.

I have also seen raffles done in the departures thread and in fact did one myself there a day or so ago.

This is awesome to know - thanks!

I've got an interesting thing happening when I sort my scroll by "Age". Everything works just fine except for two of my zombies, which sort themselves at the end, thus claiming to be the "youngest" on my scroll. However, one's from 2010 and the other is from 2013!

I've got frozen hatchling zombies that have no problems and sort in the right places, and they're from 2009 and 2012. The rest of my zombies are from this year, 2015, and both adults and hatchlings sort in their correct time slots.

Any idea what might be happening? Does anyone else have this problem?

I've got an interesting thing happening when I sort my scroll by "Age". Everything works just fine except for two of my zombies, which sort themselves at the end, thus claiming to be the "youngest" on my scroll. However, one's from 2010 and the other is from 2013!

I've got frozen hatchling zombies that have no problems and sort in the right places, and they're from 2009 and 2012. The rest of my zombies are from this year, 2015, and both adults and hatchlings sort in their correct time slots.

Any idea what might be happening? Does anyone else have this problem?

Then i have a question reagarding Zombies:

Are the age of Zombies aka Undeads the date when they are zombiefied or when the egg was laid like all other critters and the stage of course?

I don't think that's the reason. Either way, the whole sorting seems inconsistent with Undeads.

I just checked sort-by-age and have 5 adult Undeads at the end of my scroll (aka "youngest") that have been zombified 2012, 2013, 2012, 2014 and 2014, in that order. The single adult I zombified this year sits where the other April 2009 dragons are, but then again, this year's Undeads don't even count for the Encyclopedia yet, so there might be a glitch with him.

With the hatchlings, it seems all correct: all of my Undeads - new and old ones - are listed between the other frozens according to the egg laid date.

Confusing.

My 2015 adult Undeads do indeed sort correctly by egg laid date. As for the weird ones, the first was laid Jul 13, 2010 and killed Oct 23, 2011 while the second was laid on Aug 18, 2013 and killed Oct 30, 2013. So the dates aren't too terribly separated from each other. Of the ones I killed this year, the oldest egg laid date is Jun 20, 2015 so they weren't alive for much.

So the numbers are rather neatly organized on mine, with a big gap in between the area that might be causing the problem. Maybe something between the 2014 and 2015 Halloween seasons changed the way the Undead adults work? I did just check my encyclopedia and have big "0"s next to the owned Undead stats.

I don't play DC much because of what occurs below.

user posted image

What happens is when I refresh, it starts to lose the background, breaks apart, then snaps back with background. This makes AP hunting (vampire hunter here) in short, extremely frustrating.

This started around when the adblock cats returned. Its not them, but I think it was something done at the same time that triggers it. It almost seems like refreshing happens too fast for styles to load in completely.

I have attempted a lot of things in order to rectify it. Unfortunately extreme measures are being taken now.

When I remove styles, and I hate to have to do that, I left the background paper on, and it still does it even though everything else is off. It seems to be specifically that. I am not entirely sure what the issue is exactly, if its my end having a problem reading it.

Lag is also not an issue, we did find a leech sucking our bandwidth which we cut wifi off. The issue continues.

The problem for me is frustrating. I could say it is not user friendly. It happens a lot in the AP, rarely in the cave (but that could be because I rarely cave hunt)

Not sure if this is even an answerable question or not; does anyone know what the percent rate is for getting an alt black dragon? I've been on the site since 2008 and have never managed to get an alt black. I've been breeding my blacks almost every chance I get and still nothing. I just completed my scroll goal of alt greens and I've been working on them less often then my blacks.

I don't play DC much because of what occurs below.

What happens is when I refresh, it starts to lose the background, breaks apart, then snaps back with background. This makes AP hunting (vampire hunter here) in short, extremely frustrating.

This started around when the adblock cats returned. Its not them, but I think it was something done at the same time that triggers it. It almost seems like refreshing happens too fast for styles to load in completely.

I have attempted a lot of things in order to rectify it. Unfortunately extreme measures are being taken now.

When I remove styles, and I hate to have to do that, I left the background paper on, and it still does it even though everything else is off. It seems to be specifically that. I am not entirely sure what the issue is exactly, if its my end having a problem reading it.

Lag is also not an issue, we did find a leech sucking our bandwidth which we cut wifi off. The issue continues.

The problem for me is frustrating. I could say it is not user friendly. It happens a lot in the AP, rarely in the cave (but that could be because I rarely cave hunt)

Try another browser ? Try another skin (I can't use the new default at all, for similar but no the same reasons.)

Not sure if this is even an answerable question or not; does anyone know what the percent rate is for getting an alt black dragon? I've been on the site since 2008 and have never managed to get an alt black. I've been breeding my blacks almost every chance I get and still nothing. I just completed my scroll goal of alt greens and I've been working on them less often then my blacks.

Alt blacks are EXTREMELY popular and therefore the ratios for them are very high, making the odds to get one very, very low. I have exactly two from all my years of playing (I started in 09). And one is a messy worthless thing I got from trading. In all that time I've bred exactly two alt blacks. MAYBE three. One I kept for myself. The other one or two were done for IOUs or trades. I've got my female G2 PB Alt Black and I've been working for literally a year to breed my male G2 PB with no luck yet. I routinely abandon batches of five or six PB non-alt hatchies to the AP. It's lame, but that's how it is. Everyone wants alt blacks, everyone's trying to breed them, so everyone has terrible odds to actually get one.

I'm currently on my tablet, and I've never used a mobile version of the internet on it, thus my site theme (on my scroll) would show up perfectly and behave as it was supposed to. Today when I logged into the site from my tablet (from the same non mobile browser) it's suddenly forcing me to the mobile version of the site. Does anyone know why the site is behaving this way? I've checked my browser settings to make sure it's not in a mobile mode, and it doesn't seem to be. Even other sites that are much more sensitive to tablets (such as YouTube) are in desktop mode.

Edited by Wahya