Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

eatw is working fine for me. Although EATW is not a DragCave owned site I am glad we can use it. But, you need to contact the owner of that site if there are fan site problems. I do realize sometimes this is the quickest way to get an answer.

It is indeed. I did PM him. He had read it when we noted eatw was back up. I got a thank you response this morning - it was the PM that alerted him.

So - yes that is the way to go. (Also more reliable than threads, in fact, as site owners may not have them tracked/tracking may fall over/go to spam/whatever.)

Accidentally checked a box saying "prevent this site from creating additional dialogue boxes" when I abandoned an egg, now I'm trying to go egg hunting but I can't dump any of the ones I don't like. I'd click abandon and nothing happens

I've been confused with this for a while, even know I've got the hang of DC; What is inbreeding? Who can explain it?

Inbreeding is when you breed two dragons that are related to each other in some way (they have at least one common ancestor)

The same dragon (or many dragons) appears twice or more in a dragon's ancestry.

Inbred - https://dragcave.net/lineage/jAAhK - Her father is also her grandfather.

Inbred - https://dragcave.net/lineage/4rfJ5 - The CB pair, Garaile D'Hennegel and Anais D'Hennegel, appear twice in the lineage.

Edited by dragongrrl

I've been confused with this for a while, even know I've got the hang of DC; What is inbreeding? Who can explain it?

Here is a way to check for it if you wish!

Is there a suggestion to help space out trades offers more?

I had not traded in a while and went to accept an offer I liked for the dragon egg...and apparently accepted the wrong one, the link looked like it belonged to the one I wanted. It feels like the text is too squished together and needs to be spaced a bit more. I could have sworn I saw a thread about this months ago but can't seem to find it, I believe it suggested showing a picture of what you are accepting on the confirmation page.

I'm sorry this happened. It's unfortunate.

I went ahead and searched for such a topic and I found this.

Is it a glitch when a dragon is greyed out in the encyclopaedia but you have all information and the egg, hatchlings, and adult pictures in it?

Is it a glitch when a dragon is greyed out in the encyclopaedia but you have all information and the egg, hatchlings, and adult pictures in it?

Do you mean on the main page it's grayed out? Yes, that does seem like it should be unlocked by now, definitely, although I forget the requirements for that.

I think the images on the main page should unlock after observing 3 adults. I've had it a few times when I raised adults, but didn't click them elsewhere, that the image on the main page was still greyed out even though the images in the encyclopedia entry were unlocked already despite having higher requirements. Clicking a few adults always solved it for me.

I think the images on the main page should unlock after observing 3 adults. I've had it a few times when I raised adults, but didn't click them elsewhere, that the image on the main page was still greyed out even though the images in the encyclopedia entry were unlocked already despite having higher requirements. Clicking a few adults always solved it for me.

Clicking the adults fixed it, thanks.

I'm sorry this happened. It's unfortunate.

I went ahead and searched for such a topic and I found this.

Yes! That was the topic I was thinking about, I knew it was a long time ago.

Yes! That was the topic I was thinking about, I knew it was a long time ago.

*Sigh* And it is now lost with a lot of other good suggestions in the graveyard of the BSA suggestions where no one ever goes!

So, recently I've been doing a lot of job sorting out my lines etc. So, right now I'd want to make some order on lineages projects that I'm actively working out, but I can't think of a perfect format to do it. I'd like to use pictures for it, so that I can see all of the dragons used in the lineage on one page. Anyone have any idea how to do it, besides cutting and pasting in paint all of the screenshots of dragons that are gonna be used in the lineage, together?

There is a tool, I'm not sure how well it works though. I did like the online version back then, though, so the PC version might be just as good:

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=159304

From there one, screenshotting and lineage-sorting might be even easier?

Edited by Ruby Eyes

*Sigh* And it is now lost with a lot of other good suggestions in the graveyard of the BSA suggestions where no one ever goes!

Please please PLEASE can we have a separate area for anything that the mods decree is a BSA modification rather than a general suggestion. I DO go to the BSA area - and I didn't find that till purplehaze linked it; I had instead to wade through loads - including a million pranks and hopelessly unworkable ones.

I saw that some dragons had holiday alts for christmas time and sometimes halloween. But I also noticed there haven't been any alts for a couple years. So are holiday alts not released anymore?

So, regarding spriter's alts... how does this happen? (A dragon one of whose parents is a spriter's alt shadowwalker, and one of whose parents is a regular shadowwalker?) Do the spriters have both versions on their scroll? I've never seen this before. *is mystified*