Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

They are. I tend not to incubate my Avatars because they seem to get sick every time.

Thanks. :-)

I thought so, too, but wasn't sure I remembered correctly.

Next unlock

Raise 18 more hatchlings, or observe 86 more hatchlings.

Stats

Eggs Owned: 0            Eggs Observed: 1

Hatchlings Owned: 0    Hatchlings Observed: 14

Adults Raised: 0          Adults Observed: 69

...Is this the correct number of chickens you're supposed to need to look at? Or is my chicken-counter buggy? I've been spending a lot of time hunting down chickens, and was thinking about how out-of-proportion it seems to the other breeds, especially given chickens' rarity.

Edited by Kakaru_of_DOOM

Next unlock

Stats

...Is this the correct number of chickens you're supposed to need to look at? Or is my chicken-counter buggy? I've been spending a lot of time hunting down chickens, and was thinking about how out-of-proportion it seems to the other breeds, especially given chickens' rarity.

Well I have observed 104 hatchies for my chickens (and I got everything unlocked) so it seems right to me.

The December release IS the holiday release on Dec. 25.

The entire week before Dec. 25, starting at midnight going into December 19, is when you will be able to breed past Christmas dragons. And there is an event going on, that when completed will gain you points towards the Raffle in January/Feb for a new prize dragon. Then on Dec. 25, the new Christmas dragon drops, it has dropped for three days after the last couple times so we can probably expect it to do that this year too. You can only keep two of these new ones, although, you can grab, gift/trade/AP, then grab more, as long as only two end up permanently on your scroll at the end of the drop.

It's a busy week and full of fun.

**Also folks, it's not the incubating that makes them sick, it's putting them into the hatcheries that give them too many views that makes them sick. I incubate all my dragons, every time, but I never put them in hatcheries until they reach 3 days 23 hours, and I NEVER have any sickness before that. If they get sick while trying to hatch, I let them hatch (they won't die before then) then just fog them for a day. I've done it that way for years and haven't had an egg die on me yet.

Edited by Riverwillows

Next unlock

Stats

You just need a collector of chickens. Find littleblackdog's scroll - there are many, many chickens there.

Next unlock

Stats

You think that's bad ? Take a look at flamingos.

My stats for THOSE:

Eggs Owned: 1

Hatchlings Owned: 0

Adults Raised: 0

Eggs Observed: 5

Hatchlings Observed: 18

Adults Observed: 126

Raise 25 more adults, or observe 124 more adults.

I froze three hatchlings yesterday before they gendered. When I logged on today they had gendered! What happened? Has this happened to anyone else?

When trying to create a Neglected Dragon, does waiting until the egg has 0 days 0 hours left to live still counts as it has 30 minutes left to live, or will it immediately die if it reaches zero?

You may not ask about/discuss how to create neglecteds on this forum. You'd need to PM someone in the neglected announcements thread.

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=86032

@ fieldsofheather - yes, it used to happen quite often if they had enough views to gender when you froze them. I have a frill that was supposed to stay S1 and didn't sad.gif It was SUPPOSED to stop happening after an upgrade a while ago, so I am guessing there's a glitch at the moment.

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=106228

Edited by fuzzbucket

Dragons' timers now match their actual time. When they hit 0, the dragon is dead.

~

I'll report the frozen gendering issue, but a link to at least one of the hatchies might be nice. ^^

Is there some form of "lost egg" thread? I accidentally bred while egg-locked, and I'd like to ask for any one who can to keep an eye out for it.

Is there some form of "lost egg" thread? I accidentally bred while egg-locked, and I'd like to ask for any one who can to keep an eye out for it.

No because once an egg leaves your scroll, it's no longer yours. You can add a note to your signature with the parents progeny link (no direct links to the egg, though, for the protection of whomever picks it up).

Have the percentages of successful breedings been changed or something? My luck has been HORRENDOUS of late.

Found another tombstone in the description reviewing queue that is not an Undead dragon (as it lists the breed as what the dragon originally was): https://dragcave.net/view/aRlQ5

I rejected it with a comment along the lines of "this dragon is dead but not a Zombie" but I thought this had been fixed? It's not a major issue, but now I know to check the page of any tombstones I come across to make sure they're truly Undeads.

Have the percentages of successful breedings been changed or something? My luck has been HORRENDOUS of late.

I think it is just luck. I know yesterday I had 7 of 11 breedings end in no egg or no interest (and some of those were with fertility). Today I have bred about 50 pairs with only 3 that didn't result in an egg.

Found another tombstone in the description reviewing queue that is not an Undead dragon (as it lists the breed as what the dragon originally was): https://dragcave.net/view/aRlQ5

I rejected it with a comment along the lines of "this dragon is dead but not a Zombie" but I thought this had been fixed? It's not a major issue, but now I know to check the page of any tombstones I come across to make sure they're truly Undeads.

That was mine ! I was testing the glitch when zombies in general were acting up ! I'm delighted to see him again - thanks for the visit !

xd.png

I hope this isn't strange or rude to ask, but I was wondering two things...

First, I keep seeing family group graphics like this: user posted image Where is everyone getting them? they're so neat...

Second, if I wanted to make something like that, as in, using sprite pictures, I have to get permission from the spriters, right?

Just curious. smile.gif

And if this is a bad or stupid thing to ask, just go ahead and delete this post... unsure.gif

Edited by Loki.Dottir

I hope this isn't strange or rude to ask, but I was wondering two things...

First, I keep seeing family group graphics like this: user posted image Where is everyone getting them? they're so neat...

Second, if I wanted to make something like that, as in, using sprite pictures, I have to get permission from the spriters, right?

Just curious. smile.gif

And if this is a bad or stupid thing to ask, just go ahead and delete this post... unsure.gif

Original Works: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=170260

You can also always PM people and politely ask when you see something you're interested in. =)

Artist Permissions: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=51554

You may use non-edited general use DC sprites (cropping or changing the image size is allowed) on the DC forum without asking prior permission. However, please ask permission before using spriter alt sprites.

So a banner like the one you posted is fine to use around DCF without getting permission. :3

Original Works: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=170260

You can also always PM people and politely ask when you see something you're interested in. =)

Artist Permissions: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=51554

So a banner like the one you posted is fine to use around DCF without getting permission. :3

Thank you!

Yeah, I guess I should have just done that. rolleyes.gif

And thanks for letting me know that, because I would like to make a couple of graphics of dragon sprites put into certain settings, like taking the sprites and putting them on a background picture, but I would never edit them aside from maybe resizing. Thanks for linking me to that post too.

biggrin.gif

When sending email through the forum, which sender email address does the recipient see?

When sending email through the forum, which sender email address does the recipient see?

They'll see the email you have registered under the forum from the name Dragon Cave Forum.

Hmpf. Well, that's definitely not the point of not displaying one's own email address ... Thank you, I guess I'll just drop this egg then. The recipient has collected fresh eggs long after I sent my PM and still didn't read my message ...

You do get a warning

Note: By using this form, the recipient will be able to view your email address

I don't use my main email address here, and one CAN always block someone from sending afterwards, if needs be biggrin.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

Oh there, it's on the side ... I've only paid attention to the bit IMPORTANT note at the top where it's *not* noted.

You cannot block anyone from sending, only yourself from receiving wink.gif And then they'd still have your email address and can throw it out into the world.

Edited by Ruby Eyes