Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

So, regarding spriter's alts... how does this happen? (A dragon one of whose parents is a spriter's alt shadowwalker, and one of whose parents is a regular shadowwalker?) Do the spriters have both versions on their scroll? I've never seen this before. *is mystified*

From what I know, TJ just alts whatever is on their scrolls when he does it. So if he alted their dragons, then they traded or were gifted some more, those would be regular, as spriter alts aren't set per scroll like sweetling alts are. TJ must set them.

From what I know, TJ just alts whatever is on their scrolls when he does it. So if he alted their dragons, then they traded or were gifted some more, those would be regular, as spriter alts aren't set per scroll like sweetling alts are. TJ must set them.

Adding onto Sock's post I have a 3rd gen pumpkin where the parents are alts but the grandparents are normal Lineage. I think if they ask maybe TJ alts them.

Edited by KuroYukia

Adding onto Sock's post I have a 3rd gen pumpkin where the parents are alts but the grandparents are normal Lineage. I think if they ask maybe TJ alts them.

That case is a little special because alts weren't given out for the original holidays - not until the artists asked if retroactive would be okay in those cases (pumpkins, yules, vday 09/St. Georges'). And that was like - what - less than two years ago? So I'm not sure how they worked that out with TJ, but they may have requested specific ones.

That case is a little special because alts weren't given out for the original holidays - not until the artists asked if retroactive would be okay in those cases (pumpkins, yules, vday 09/St. Georges'). And that was like - what - less than two years ago? So I'm not sure how they worked that out with TJ, but they may have requested specific ones.

Ahh, well I learned something. Thanks, just thought it was a thing to be alted like that. I've been here about 2 years so it was before that I believe. Thank you again though, was always curious about my special little one.

On a second note, it's a pain finding a mate for it

I guess I wasn't specific enough... I don't mean the spriter's alts. I mean the temporary alts that replace the regular ones during the holidays.

White Dragon: user posted image

White Dragon - Halloween 2012: user posted image

Are there any more of these happening in the future?

Edited by Vrack

I guess I wasn't specific enough... I don't mean the spriter's alts. I mean the temporary alts that replace the regular ones during the holidays.

Oh those alts. Not sure hope they do as well, they're adorable

Is there a projection for when the next silver cycle will be for the Lunar Heralds? I know we're in blue right now and the last silvers were overlapping with Halloween breeding, which is why I didn't get what I needed then. tongue.gif But the math part of my brain is refusing to cooperate so I can't work out when the next silver set will be.

No one can say what will happen on future events. Even TJ may not yet know. Christmas is surely being worked on at this time, but whether the dragons dress up is a case by case basis of what the artists/planners decide to do when they set up the events.

Technically, though, we just had costumes for Halloween. You just had to use potions instead of ALL dragons on the site getting them.

Is there a projection for when the next silver cycle will be for the Lunar Heralds? I know we're in blue right now and the last silvers were overlapping with Halloween breeding, which is why I didn't get what I needed then. tongue.gif But the math part of my brain is refusing to cooperate so I can't work out when the next silver set will be.

try this thread: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=170693

Edited by DragonLady86

This is from the thread you were linked: http://leviathan.thorngale.net/lunar-herald-colour.php Most useful page ever. xP

~

Oh wow. Thanks, Stellaluna22, for that link. They're gorgeous.

Is the cave telling everybody else it's under maintenance or is it just me? :0

EDIT: Ok it's back up, but was it a sign of an update coming today?

Edited by Andalusian

Is the cave telling everybody else it's under maintenance or is it just me? :0

EDIT: Ok it's back up, but was it a sign of an update coming today?

There is nightly maintenance. It is a regular thing to keep the site running smoothly. Not a sign of updates. A sign of updates would be an announcement in the news section. =p

I remember at one point that there was the potential ability to "steal" a dragon's name from a scroll whose user had not logged onto DC in two years or something like that, but did that ability ever get implemented? Just curious haha

Thanks in advance! smile.gif

I remember at one point that there was the potential ability to "steal" a dragon's name from a scroll whose user had not logged onto DC in two years or something like that, but did that ability ever get implemented? Just curious haha

Thanks in advance! smile.gif

I do not believe so, but it is still planned for the future.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Is it possible to get kicked off the Thuwed list? I was on it for a mint but I just checked and am no longer on it, but I have to request again. I just thought a person got moved down when the person's scroll is full. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Is it possible to get kicked off the Thuwed list? I was on it for a mint but I just checked and am no longer on it, but I have to request again. I just thought a person got moved down when the person's scroll is full. Please correct me if I am wrong.

There was a glitch at some point that seemed to result in some people being removed from the list when they shouldn't have been. You don't lose your spot from being scroll locked. The egg just goes to the next person on the list. The list has been closed for quite some time now and we aren't sure what is going on with it.

I do not believe so, but it is still planned for the future.

Wait, dragon names of inactive users aren't automatically deleted anymore? I'm way behind xd.png

Hi! I'm not sure, Is it a problem or not. I have 3 adults of black marrow and 1 frozen and the page on this breed in the encyclopaedia is fully open (all stages are open), but on the full page, where every breed is shown my marrows are only marked as dark grey.

Keep looking at Marrows. Your Marrows should have lineages, look at them and click all the Marrow ancestors there which should unlock your Marrow outline quickly smile.gif

Wait, dragon names of inactive users aren't automatically deleted anymore? I'm way behind xd.png

You are behind. wink.gif That hasn't happened for quite some time now. smile.gif

Keep looking at Marrows. Your Marrows should have lineages, look at them and click all the Marrow ancestors there which should unlock your Marrow outline quickly smile.gif

Thank you! Worked perfectly well!

Just a little thing I was pondering about the upcoming Christmas dragon breeding - has there been any info about whether Solstice's eggs will be marked a blue=day/colorful=night winged versions, so players know what type of eggs they'll be picking up from the AP? Basically, the same as Night/Day Glory Drakes or Sunrise/Sunset dragons.

To my knowledge the eggs and hatchlings arethe same, so you'll have to go by the time remaining before the egg dies to calculate which it'll be.