Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Just now, LadyLoki said:

Zyus are especially stubborn. So it's not uncommon for them to become sick and not hatch for a long time, even when they should be ready to (below 4 days) When I was still catching my CBs, I had to be careful, and several still got sick and took an especially long time to hatch. :rolleyes:

Just fog it until it's no longer sick, it should be okay then. :)

OK Thank you! Its good to know. It had never happened to me before so I found it very strange.

3 minutes ago, Elery. said:

OK Thank you! Its good to know. It had never happened to me before so I found it very strange.

You're welcome! Yeah, I've had more Zyus get sick and/or not hatch when they should be hatching than any breed. :dry: They are just super stubborn, the little snots. :lol: 

5 hours ago, Elery. said:

Is it normal for a Zyu egg with less than 3 days to refuse to hatch and get sick? It now finally hatched but the hatchling is still sick. Its just never happened to me in all the years playing here. Eggs with less than 4 days just hatch unless its a Sunset or Sunrise.

I know your question was already answered, but this may also help. I normally stick my dragons into hatcheries when they're around 5 days 18-12 hour mark. and I stick them into two hatcheries: AOND and Valleysherwood. I keep an eye on them by checking every few hours or so, but I rarely get sick dragons. hiding your scroll does help as it stop anyone from adding your eggs into a hatchery you don't want.

In breeding my own Christmas dragons, I noticed that when I look at their "Children'' listing I see only the eggs that I auto-abandoned and not the eggs that I kept. It used to be that one would see both. When did this change and why?

9 minutes ago, anetofstars said:

In breeding my own Christmas dragons, I noticed that when I look at their "Children'' listing I see only the eggs that I auto-abandoned and not the eggs that I kept. It used to be that one would see both. When did this change and why?

I can see mine? I currently have one pending in a trade for a bloodswap and I can see it from the parents progeny pages. Are your eggs fogged or unfogged? If they're fogged, you won't see them until they're unfogged. If not, then that sounds like a glitch to me?

6 minutes ago, LadyLoki said:

I can see mine? I currently have one pending in a trade for a bloodswap and I can see it from the parents progeny pages. Are your eggs fogged or unfogged? If they're fogged, you won't see them until they're unfogged. If not, then that sounds like a glitch to me?

Thanks for the quick reply! Turns out that they were fogged, when I thought that they were fogged. That makes the difference. :)

15 minutes ago, anetofstars said:

Thanks for the quick reply! Turns out that they were fogged, when I thought that they were fogged. That makes the difference. :)

You're welcome! Happy I could help. :)

Do attempted/failed attempts to trade show up in notifications?.  For example, I noticed that when I offered on someone's Wintertide and they accepted, I received a notification that read, "XXXX accepted your offer on their trade. The eggs or hatchlings have been traded successfully." 

That second sentence kinda implies that there could also be a " "XXXX accepted your offer on their trade. The eggs or hatchlings were not traded successfully" version, but I've never seen it so I figured I'd ask.

Do unsuccessful trade attempts send a notification? (If, say, I offered on someone's Wintertide and they clicked 'Accept' but I was egglocked and the trade couldn't be completed, or one of us was at scroll limit for the CB in the trade.)  If so, does the message include why/on which end the trade failed? 

16 minutes ago, sorenna said:

Do unsuccessful trade attempts send a notification? (If, say, I offered on someone's Wintertide and they clicked 'Accept' but I was egglocked and the trade couldn't be completed, or one of us was at scroll limit for the CB in the trade.)  If so, does the message include why/on which end the trade failed? 

No, because the accept button is grayed out and disallows clicking for a "locked" trade. People have suggested a similar feature, but I'm fairly sure it doesn't exist yet.

Hi. I have a question about Negleckted dragons. It says there must be no cilck untill last few seconds before egg dies to create one. Well I have to adopt the egg and eventually hide it to prevent clicks. Does that count? It's one klick on egg now, mine, would it tun into neglected if I wait for time to run out and allow views at last moment?

Edited by Aries_Wild_Child

4 minutes ago, Aries_Wild_Child said:

Hi. I have a question about Negleckted dragons. It says there must be no cilck untill last few seconds before egg dies to create one. Well I have to adopt the egg and eventually hide it to prevent clicks. Does that count? It's one klick on egg now, mine, would it tun into negleckted if I wait for time to run out and allow vies at last moment?

What guide are you reading? Neglecteds can still happen with a small amount of views, as long as it doesn't hatch.

Here's a recently written guide:

Just now, Shadowdrake said:

What guide are you reading? Neglecteds can still happen with a small amount of views, as long as it doesn't hatch.

Here's a recently written guide:

The one at the wiki. I just saw it last night and decided to give it a try.

19 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

No, because the accept button is grayed out and disallows clicking for a "locked" trade. People have suggested a similar feature, but I'm fairly sure it doesn't exist yet.

I have definitely been able to click 'Accept' on some trades only to receive a message that it couldn't be done!  Not sure what the specific circumstances were, though.

13 minutes ago, sorenna said:

I have definitely been able to click 'Accept' on some trades only to receive a message that it couldn't be done!  Not sure what the specific circumstances were, though.

Hm. Well, there is a message that pops up when you hover over the button, but I don't know of any time the button lets you accept an untradable trade.

Yes. Many of us have asked to the blue winged to show up but....

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I'm not sure if this was asked before, or is just ridiculous to begin with, but is there any rule about posting trades in the trading hub on DC and on the forums? Or is it completely fine to post to both? I'm just curious.

1 hour ago, LadyLoki said:

I'm not sure if this was asked before, or is just ridiculous to begin with, but is there any rule about posting trades in the trading hub on DC and on the forums? Or is it completely fine to post to both? I'm just curious.

Absolutely fine to post both, given that they're entirely separate sites and may even have separate audiences.

2 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Absolutely fine to post both, given that they're entirely separate sites and may even have separate audiences.

Okay, thank you! I just wanted to make sure since there's two different trade links (regular and public) when teleporting. :lol: Anyway thanks again~

I saw a CB christmas with a tempting code in trading hub but I am at the 2 per scroll limit already, so I'm considering releasing one of my christmas in order to offer / get that CB, would this work? 

Does anyone know if there's a scroll checking tool that will check for dragons that don't have any children?

If I have a Solstice with 4d20h left right now will it hatch blue, yes?

I've found the Wiki entry and the info with the breeding windows but I am confused, sorry ☹️

5 minutes ago, Zimtie said:

If I have a Solstice with 4d20h left right now will it hatch blue, yes?

I've found the Wiki entry and the info with the breeding windows but I am confused, sorry ☹️

That means it had 4 days, 24 hours (or 5 days) left 4 hours ago. If you count back 4 hours from now, that puts it in the 6pm to 6am time frame, which will hatch rosy.