Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 hour ago, Dracaena said:

The temporary sort is a drop down menu on the right side of your scroll heading.  The options there are default, age, name, breed.  There is also a drop down menu on the left side of your scroll with show all, eggs/unfrozen hatchlings, unnamed hatchlings/adults, available for breeding, available for BSA, ungrouped, and then whatever groups you have created.  These are all temporary sorts and your scroll will revert to normal display if you click on "dragons" link at the top to go to your scroll.

If you are wanting to check nebula hatchlings use the right hand drop down for breed.  That will put all the dragon breeds in alphabetical order, then just locate your nebula and see where the hatchlings group.  Don't go to account, change scroll order to do this.  

I did do it on the top right, but when I clicked on Dragons at the top, it didn't revert them back.  It could have been a glitch?  But then I did go to the Change Sort Order and it all looked good, then when I went back to the scroll it was fine.

What I did see was that the Nebula I wanted to check did end up with the color I wanted.  That was pleasing!  Thank you :)

2 minutes ago, daba555 said:

I did do it on the top right, but when I clicked on Dragons at the top, it didn't revert them back. 

That should have reverted them to your original sort. Or you can also click on "default" on that same dropdown on the right. The default is whatever your sort was before you picked something else off that menu. :)

Just now, purplehaze said:

That should have reverted them to your original sort. Or you can also click on "default" on that same dropdown on the right. The default is whatever your sort was before you picked something else off that menu. :)

Oh, no, it's not, LOL.  I think it must have just been my weirdness, but when I did that, it gave me nothing I've ever had before.  Whoosh!  However, it all ended well, and I will try it again, but maybe after a re-boot on the computer.  

Oops! Well, that is what it is supposed to be. Glad you got it back to normal anyway!

Just now, purplehaze said:

Oops! Well, that is what it is supposed to be. Glad you got it back to normal anyway!

Me, too :) And I did learn some new stuff.

I have avoided doing a Chrome update, because last time it updated it messed something up, so I restored to a previous point.  this could be affecting other things.  Computers...gotta love them!

I feel like I ask this every year. I really need to start actually remembering. when will the Christmas breeding start this year? I can never remember if its a week before the 24th or the 25th. 

It includes the 25th, so it should start at the beginning of the 19th, to make a full 7 days. 

11 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

It includes the 25th, so it should start at the beginning of the 19th, to make a full 7 days. 

excellent. thank you so much. :)

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

Which means this friday night, right?

I was going to ask about beginning of Xmas breeding season too.

2 hours ago, Kegluneq said:

Which means this friday night, right?

I was going to ask about beginning of Xmas breeding season too.

Friday is Dec 18, so late that night when it becomes the 19th in the cave, yes.

11 hours ago, pegasi1978 said:

Friday is Dec 18, so late that night when it becomes the 19th in the cave, yes.

Thanks! In previous years I arrived late to the breeding season so I needed to be sure when it starts ^^U

On 12/12/2020 at 7:26 PM, purplehaze said:

And, tried it again, and it worked just fine!  Thanks for teaching me something new.

Are there any christmas dragon other than holly and mistletoe that could gender both ways? Trying to see if I need to save up precognition/influences, thanks!

Edited by Moriaty

5 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

Are there any christmas dragon other than holly and mistletoe that could gender both ways? Trying to see if I need to save up precognition/influences, thanks!

So far, yes, though we don't know yet about the second gen wintertides (last year's dragon).

58 minutes ago, Lagie said:

So far, yes, though we don't know yet about the second gen wintertides (last year's dragon).

Which means we should probably influence those for this year, just to be sure! Or do they say they can't be influenced if they are a single gender -- I don't remember.

5 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Or do they say they can't be influenced if they are a single gender -- I don't remember.

It will say something akin to "unavailable for breed" when you go into the influence BSA and see which eggs you have to influence on your scroll. Basically like with unbreedables... If I remember right. But I do know it won't give you the option to influence single gender dragons.

1 hour ago, Moriaty said:

So far, the only Christmas dragons that can be influenced are bred Hollies and Mistletoes. We don't yet know if last year's dragon (Wintertide) is capable of being influenced or not.

i know that bred solstice coloration depends on the time of day it was laid, but how about caveborns? will they always be one specific color or do they also depend on what time of day it is?

19 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

i know that bred solstice coloration depends on the time of day it was laid, but how about caveborns? will they always be one specific color or do they also depend on what time of day it is?

Caveborns are all rosy-winged.

I'm kind of confused as to why the holiday biome eggs are gone so fast - like, within thirty seconds the biome refreshes back to no eggs. Are we able to have unlimited CB christmas like how we can have a lot of CB halloweens?

2 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

I'm kind of confused as to why the holiday biome eggs are gone so fast - like, within thirty seconds the biome refreshes back to no eggs. Are we able to have unlimited CB christmas like how we can have a lot of CB halloweens?

Christmas and Valentines are a 2 CB per scroll breed. You can see your limit here. https://dragcave.net/help/limits

I'm assuming there's simply that many new players/old players that have missed some years that are getting the CBs they're missing from their scrolls?

34 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

That's how it always is at the beginning, with so many people rushing to grab whatever they need right away. Usually by the 2nd day the holiday biome calms down because many people will be at their limit and no longer hunting.

I updated my signature with some holiday information, and before too many people see it, I wanted to be sure: did I get the Solstice thing right?

Bred in the night (Cave Time 6pm-6am) = rosy wings, day (6am-6pm) = blue wings.

Edit: Thanks @Fuzzbucket! I got the information from the Wiki, but it's always better to check with another human (or cat, according to both our profile pictures!  :lol: )

Edited by Confused Cat

Good idea and yes you did. (If you DIDN'T, all my solstice lines were just RUINED....)

Is it normal for a Zyu egg with less than 3 days to refuse to hatch and get sick? It now finally hatched but the hatchling is still sick. Its just never happened to me in all the years playing here. Eggs with less than 4 days just hatch unless its a Sunset or Sunrise.

4 minutes ago, Elery. said:

Is it normal for a Zyu egg with less than 3 days to refuse to hatch and get sick? It now finally hatched but the hatchling is still sick. Its just never happened to me in all the years playing here. Eggs with less than 4 days just hatch unless its a Sunset or Sunrise.

Zyus are especially stubborn. So it's not uncommon for them to become sick and not hatch for a long time, even when they should be ready to (below 4 days) When I was still catching my CBs, I had to be careful, and several still got sick and took an especially long time to hatch. :rolleyes:

Just fog it until it's no longer sick, it should be okay then. :)