Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Shadowdrake thanks for the links!

I am still trying to figure out if there's a benefit to stun.  Hiding keeps them from getting views/clicks.

Will adding a day somehow add to health?  I do know that I should never put newly caught/incubated eggs into a fansite, because they get too many view, too fast.  These hatchlings were at 6 d 2 hours when I looked at my scroll, first time that day.

10 minutes ago, daba555 said:

Shadowdrake thanks for the links!

I am still trying to figure out if there's a benefit to stun.  Hiding keeps them from getting views/clicks.

Will adding a day somehow add to health?  I do know that I should never put newly caught/incubated eggs into a fansite, because they get too many view, too fast.  These hatchlings were at 6 d 2 hours when I looked at my scroll, first time that day.

If it can't get views it can't get sick. (Or sicker. If they were going to die from it they would have)

Stun is mostly useful if you want to retrade a hatchie; if you just want it to grow up safely, fogging is perfectly fine and doesn't add extra time onto it.

6 hours ago, daba555 said:

3 of the 6 sick hatchlings are still sick this morning, and I am not going to unfog them till right before they can mature - does that seem the right thing to do?  Unfortunately, with the Nebulas, I was planning to gift ones that went green, and maybe that won't work, then.

Hatchlings are very resilient to death from sickness...this coming from a person who have deliberately tried to viewbomb her own hatchie to death for zombie purpose but couldn't kill it. The stat in the end was 25160/1678/34. It was sick as an egg to begin with, and it's in EVERY hatchery and I made sure to max its OV. Still didn't die - so I wouldn't worry too much about the hatchlings. Fogging them definitely helps but I don't think any of them would have issue surviving

Quick question - I'm not even sure it's a question really, but is there a reason why ice dragon is ridiculously expensive in market? It's like twice the price of a stat and at least 1.5 times price of gold dragon. Is there a reason for that...? How is ice dragon that rare...?

Moriaty, thank you for that - I feel much better about it now!

As for ice, I have no idea.  They are uncommon, but not as rare as all that.  Oh, but I see Thunder is the same, and Magma even worse at 4,700!  I suppose it's not the rarity but that you need all 3 of them for Guardians. 

Holy - I did not notice that magma. I don't understand lol it's far easier to breed ice magma and thunder too and you don't need a CB to summon...strange mechanics

43 minutes ago, daba555 said:

I am still trying to figure out if there's a benefit to stun

Also, I think the others are talking about stunning b/c you said you wanted to gift the nebulas that went green - you can stun it to give it an extra day so that you can gift them (I think two extra days, actually, because if your hatchie doesn't receive any views it's unable to grow up as well, but correct me if I'm wrong)

Eg, when you unfog at 4 days 1 hour, you can stun it, make its time 5 days 1 hour, but it wouldnt grow up until another two days have passed, until 3 days 1 hour, in my understanding. You can fog it again if it's sick and then trade/gift it at 3 days 2 hour (before the stun effect wears off) and hopefully it's recovered at that time.

Edited by Moriaty

About nebula hatchling colors.  You can use breed sort to find out what color group (blue/purple or red/green) on ungendered nebula hatchlings.  They will sort with the others of that same color group.

Edited by Dracaena

1 minute ago, Dracaena said:

About nebula hatchling colors.  You can use breed sort to find out what color group (blue/purple or red/green) on ungendered nebula hatchlings.  They will sort with the others of that same color group.

whaaa??? really??? i didnt know that!!! 

i have a question though... can someone please explain the mechanics of sunrise/sunset dragons to me? i'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it... :wacko:

6 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

whaaa??? really??? i didnt know that!!! 

i have a question though... can someone please explain the mechanics of sunrise/sunset dragons to me? i'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it... :wacko:

Both hatch from the same egg, the one that's half pink half purple. Sunsets hatch in the evening (6pm to midnight), and sunrises hatch in the morning (6 am to noon), DC time. Outside those times, the egg will not hatch no matter what.

Is there anyone here with a scroll still under legacy breed sort who doesn't mind letting me look at it?

Someone mentioned that to me, but how do you sort just the Nebula without doing the whole scroll?

Sunrise and sunset will only hatch during the specific hours for their breed.  It depends on when you caught the egg.  I found out the hard way, when I thought I was viewbombed, years ago, and it was just that it kept collecting views for an additional bunch of hours.  Someplace, I don't know where, it's in one of these threads about it, giving the exact times.

And while I was typing, I see that the question was answered!  Thanks :)

Sorry, my scroll isn't sorted that way.

Edited by daba555

okay, related, but an egg wont hatch if its fogged, right? since it needs views to push it into hatching... if its fogged, it doesnt get any views. so this means it just wont hatch until its unhidden and gains another few views, right? just wanna make sure, before i mess up the whole lineage im planning 

3 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

okay, related, but an egg wont hatch if its fogged, right? since it needs views to push it into hatching... if its fogged, it doesnt get any views. so this means it just wont hatch until its unhidden and gains another few views, right? just wanna make sure, before i mess up the whole lineage im planning 

It will NOT hatch while fogged. It can die that way, actually.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Yes, but here's the thing - if it had enough views/clicks to hatch before it reached 4 days, then when you unfog it, it will hatch pretty quickly.  I actually was trying to influence, and it hatched before I could get it done.  

Oh, I have never had one die while fogged!

Edited by daba555

3 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

It can die that way, actually.

ive heard of people killing hatchlings in fog but i just wanted clarification because i get nervous XD thanks yall!

23 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

Is there anyone here with a scroll still under legacy breed sort who doesn't mind letting me look at it?

You can check my friend Lockie. Her scroll is still legacy breed sort - but she's missing A LOT of dragons so I'm not sure if you'll find what you look for on her scroll

I kind of regret switching out of legacy breed : / I switched out because I was trying to uncheck the box placing hatchi and egg on top (because I have too many dead hatchi and it honestly looks so sad) and for some reason if I don't select out of legacy breed view I can't change that setting. But then after I change I dont even know where to look for a lot of things lol. I prefer having valentines and halloweens sorted together...sigh, now I can't go back

25 minutes ago, daba555 said:

Someone mentioned that to me, but how do you sort just the Nebula without doing the whole scroll?

You can't. You just use the temporary sort dropdown on the right of your scroll page to sort by breed and then find your nebulas in the resulting scroll sort.

40 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

I still use the Legacy Breed Name sort. Feel free to look. I have most dragons, though be warned I'm in the process of renaming my dragons. I still have about 400 left to rename. lol
My scroll is in my signature. :)

Getting only server error 504 from the cave today ... This is getting boring. Anyone else?

22 hours ago, purplehaze said:

You can't. You just use the temporary sort dropdown on the right of your scroll page to sort by breed and then find your nebulas in the resulting scroll sort.

I didn't know that was a temporary sort. 

Can you tell I don't know a lot?  Thanks :)

And I want to give a big thanks to the kind persons who offered me autumns...The kindness here, which offsets the meanness of a view bomber, is enough to restore my faith 🥰

OMG I am not happy.  I used that breed sort - how do you get it back the way it was?  There's now ay on earth I can re-sort over 4,000 dragons how I had them, if I have to do it one by one.  SCARY!  5500 + dragons, actually.  I went into the sort screen and it actually showed me the way I had it.  Just going up to click on "Dragons" hadn't worked, and I thought I was finished.  

Edited by daba555

On 12/11/2020 at 3:14 PM, Moriaty said:

is there a reason why ice dragon is ridiculously expensive in market?

The market prices are based partly on rarity and partly on population. Since trios are *very* popular to breed for GoNs, they're overpopulated, and the cave puts the price very high to deter people from buying more. You can see other price rises on new popular releases, which get higher as they get older because their population increases. Trios were already old when the market was made, so they already have a ridiculously high price.

2 hours ago, daba555 said:

I didn't know that was a temporary sort. 

Can you tell I don't know a lot?  Thanks :)

And I want to give a big thanks to the kind persons who offered me autumns...The kindness here, which offsets the meanness of a view bomber, is enough to restore my faith 🥰

OMG I am not happy.  I used that breed sort - how do you get it back the way it was?  There's now ay on earth I can re-sort over 4,000 dragons how I had them, if I have to do it one by one.  SCARY!  5500 + dragons, actually.  I went into the sort screen and it actually showed me the way I had it.  Just going up to click on "Dragons" hadn't worked, and I thought I was finished.  

The temporary sort is a drop down menu on the right side of your scroll heading.  The options there are default, age, name, breed.  There is also a drop down menu on the left side of your scroll with show all, eggs/unfrozen hatchlings, unnamed hatchlings/adults, available for breeding, available for BSA, ungrouped, and then whatever groups you have created.  These are all temporary sorts and your scroll will revert to normal display if you click on "dragons" link at the top to go to your scroll.

If you are wanting to check nebula hatchlings use the right hand drop down for breed.  That will put all the dragon breeds in alphabetical order, then just locate your nebula and see where the hatchlings group.  Don't go to account, change scroll order to do this.  

Is there a way to custom sort a group based on color sort? Like, sort first by color, then customly move some things that are not in the right place around like how you can choose to do that with the entire scroll?

I tried selecting color sort in edit page, but after that when I try to choose to change sort order, inside the table view it reverts back to breed sort, which was what I had before. Is that a cache or memory thing and I could wait it out? Or is this not an option?