Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 hour ago, Moriaty said:

Do hatchlings that die of low time or egg that die of vampire bite count towards kill limit? I'm really confused because two kill slots should've come back tonight for me and only one did and it must'd been either of these two things affecting the kill count...? I thought only using "Kill" like the button on the dragon action page counts, but apparently not...?

Accidentally letting anything die like newbies would (sickness, time-out) don't take kill slots, but having a dragon destroy an egg (vampires, green dragons) takes a kill slot.

so my plan, for one of my naming scheme (characters from a tv show), is a CB Purple and a CB Gold, and HOPEFULLY i get a Gold baby from them.

the question is - has it ever happened, that a Gold might be their first egg? or will there be lots* of purple babies running around DC before a Gold ever happens?

*and by lots i mean LOTS! (25? 50? 300? however many time i want to try to breed them before i just give up and breed my gold to an out-of-season holiday?) XD

Edited by trystan
proofread first, THEN post. *sigh*

12 minutes ago, trystan said:

so my plan, for one of my naming scheme (characters from a tv show), is a CB Purple and a CB Gold, and HOPEFULLY i get a Gold baby from them.

the question is - has it ever happened, that a Gold might be their first egg? or will there be lots* of purple babies running around DC before a Gold ever happens?

*and by lots i mean LOTS! (25? 50? 300? however many time i want to try to breed them before i just give up and breed my gold to an out-of-season holiday?) XD

Each breeding, including the first, has a chance of being a metallic, it's just a very small chance. The Release History of Dragon Cave Spiral breeding project, for example, got a Gold out of a Purple x Gold pairing after just two tries (we're still baffled by that!) --> https://dragcave.net/progeny/Ff3nu

2 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Each breeding, including the first, has a chance of being a metallic, it's just a very small chance. The Release History of Dragon Cave Spiral breeding project, for example, got a Gold out of a Purple x Gold pairing after just two tries (we're still baffled by that!) --> https://dragcave.net/progeny/Ff3nu

well that's very cool though!

so.... i'll give it a try! maybe i'll get lucky.  if not, i'll be giving away a lot of purple eggies! 

(i'm still cave stalking for the purple anyway, i just started earlier today, and i haven't done a lot of stalking. XD)

I bought 2 market Stateraes, one to be a mate for my original Stat and another to pair off with a holiday on my scroll. I bred the wrong 2 together:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/eq3TT

If I kill the egg will it still show up under children? I had originally wanted to name my market stats after a pair of siblings but now I don't want to because of the mistake .-.

Edited by Serotina

20 minutes ago, Serotina said:

I bought 2 market Stateraes, one to be a mate for my original Stat and another to pair off with a holiday on my scroll. I bred the wrong 2 together:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/eq3TT

If I kill the egg will it still show up under children? I had originally wanted to name my market stats after a pair of siblings but now I don't want to because of the mistake .-.

It will for two weeks and then it disappears. I did that with a mistaken aquilo pairing.

So...what happens if you kill a leetle tree? Are you then able to grab another one from forest? I just realized that there is a kill action available under its action menu

You cannot. The leetle tree is too cute to kill. :)

Edited by Dirtytabs

Quick question, I've just come back to the site after a three year hiatus so the market is still new to me.  Am I crazy or is the Sunrise/Sunset dragon egg not included in the market?

8 minutes ago, fergalicious214 said:

Quick question, I've just come back to the site after a three year hiatus so the market is still new to me.  Am I crazy or is the Sunrise/Sunset dragon egg not included in the market?

Indeed it is still missing, also missing are Zyumorphs.

2 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Indeed it is still missing, also missing are Zyumorphs.

Oh okay.  Thank you for clarifying!  :D  I wasn't sure if I should wait till 6am to try looking again or not lol.

9 minutes ago, fergalicious214 said:

Oh okay.  Thank you for clarifying!  :D  I wasn't sure if I should wait till 6am to try looking again or not lol.

Well, they definitely drop all day, I just missed one in the Alpine due to local internet issues. Good luck hunting!

this one's a forum question.

i went in search of a topic here, and found one that i thought i might want to reply in... but the last reply was darn close to three years ago (march 2018).  is there a rule against reviving a thread that old?

thanks!

I'm curious how many dragons in total are on dragon cave? I calculated and found that there almost need to be a billion dragons (62^5 is over 900 mil) for us to run out of 5 letter code and am wondering if I will ever live to an age (or be active) when DC need to swap to a 6 letter code lol

I also realized that not all four letter code are exhausted, so the day when 5 letter code are abandoned might come sooner than exhausting all five letter code as well...I was goofing around and found that neither 1947 nor hell exist 

27 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

do eggs that die of sickness still take up a 24h spot on your scroll..? 

Nope. Sickness or time out does not count as "killing". Only killed eggs have the 24h penalty.

28 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

do eggs that die of sickness still take up a 24h spot on your scroll..? 

No, dying of sickness (or running out of time) does not take up a slot. Only 'manual' kills, ie from the kill action or bite/earthquake.

aight, thanks yall ^^ i knew that manually killing and using bite/EQ both took up kill slots from the kill action but i wasnt sure about the 24 hour penalty

not sure if this is the best place to ask about this, looking for idea - does this lineage shape remotely look like a pair of wings?

1955037854_ScreenShot2020-12-02at2_45_15PM.thumb.png.95e485a18285f984bbabe391cb57072c.png

I can kinda see wings... It's not something I'd think of right away when looking at it, but if the names suggested it I could definitely see it.

I need a quick answer if anyone can help. I have a Siyat egg that is four days two hours. I received it in a trade. My question is can I make it a green Siyat and if so how do I do it? Can I use incubate on it now, and if so, will it be a green Siyat?

Edited by missy_

12 minutes ago, missy_ said:

I need a quick answer if anyone can help. I have a Siyat egg that is four days two hours. I received it in a trade. My question is can I make it a green Siyat and if so how do I do it? Can I use incubate on it now, and if so, will it be a green Siyat?

I'm afraid your Siyat egg is already too old for green (it needs to have been laid/stolen less than 2 days ago, and yours is almost 3 days old, per your description). Blue and purple are your only options now.