Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Quick question, I've just come back to the site after a three year hiatus so the market is still new to me.  Am I crazy or is the Sunrise/Sunset dragon egg not included in the market?

8 minutes ago, fergalicious214 said:

Quick question, I've just come back to the site after a three year hiatus so the market is still new to me.  Am I crazy or is the Sunrise/Sunset dragon egg not included in the market?

Indeed it is still missing, also missing are Zyumorphs.

2 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Indeed it is still missing, also missing are Zyumorphs.

Oh okay.  Thank you for clarifying!  :D  I wasn't sure if I should wait till 6am to try looking again or not lol.

9 minutes ago, fergalicious214 said:

Oh okay.  Thank you for clarifying!  :D  I wasn't sure if I should wait till 6am to try looking again or not lol.

Well, they definitely drop all day, I just missed one in the Alpine due to local internet issues. Good luck hunting!

this one's a forum question.

i went in search of a topic here, and found one that i thought i might want to reply in... but the last reply was darn close to three years ago (march 2018).  is there a rule against reviving a thread that old?

thanks!

I'm curious how many dragons in total are on dragon cave? I calculated and found that there almost need to be a billion dragons (62^5 is over 900 mil) for us to run out of 5 letter code and am wondering if I will ever live to an age (or be active) when DC need to swap to a 6 letter code lol

I also realized that not all four letter code are exhausted, so the day when 5 letter code are abandoned might come sooner than exhausting all five letter code as well...I was goofing around and found that neither 1947 nor hell exist 

27 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

do eggs that die of sickness still take up a 24h spot on your scroll..? 

Nope. Sickness or time out does not count as "killing". Only killed eggs have the 24h penalty.

28 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

do eggs that die of sickness still take up a 24h spot on your scroll..? 

No, dying of sickness (or running out of time) does not take up a slot. Only 'manual' kills, ie from the kill action or bite/earthquake.

aight, thanks yall ^^ i knew that manually killing and using bite/EQ both took up kill slots from the kill action but i wasnt sure about the 24 hour penalty

not sure if this is the best place to ask about this, looking for idea - does this lineage shape remotely look like a pair of wings?

1955037854_ScreenShot2020-12-02at2_45_15PM.thumb.png.95e485a18285f984bbabe391cb57072c.png

I can kinda see wings... It's not something I'd think of right away when looking at it, but if the names suggested it I could definitely see it.

The wings of a fly or somesuch - maybe due to the transparent look of the preview XD

I need a quick answer if anyone can help. I have a Siyat egg that is four days two hours. I received it in a trade. My question is can I make it a green Siyat and if so how do I do it? Can I use incubate on it now, and if so, will it be a green Siyat?

Edited by missy_

12 minutes ago, missy_ said:

I need a quick answer if anyone can help. I have a Siyat egg that is four days two hours. I received it in a trade. My question is can I make it a green Siyat and if so how do I do it? Can I use incubate on it now, and if so, will it be a green Siyat?

I'm afraid your Siyat egg is already too old for green (it needs to have been laid/stolen less than 2 days ago, and yours is almost 3 days old, per your description). Blue and purple are your only options now.

Ruby Eyes, 

Thank you for your prompt response. I am still confused about the making of green Siyats. I got the egg at four days two hours.

(I don’t understand how an egg can be hatched before it is four days old.) I read that the only way that can technically happen is to use incubate, so I just did that to make it three days two hours old. thinking that if it hatched at three days two hours, that means it is technically an egg that is four days two hours, so it would technically be over four days old when it hatched. 

Is this information incorrect? I am confuzzled about how to make a green Siyat.

~~~~~

ETA: I found this old post from Fuzzbucket that seems to indicate if an incubated Siyat hatches before it reaches three days, it can be green?

Edited by missy_

ETA: The newly hatched Siyat hatchling is green.

Any clarification on this would be appreciated. Thanks so much! :) This is my first time trying to make a green Siyat. 

Green Siyats are actually the easiest to get because all you have to do is incubate them and then make sure they hatch before they get to 3 days. I believe that Ruby Eyes was mistaken because it is indeed impossible for an egg to hatch before it reaches 4 days.

7 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Any clarification on this would be appreciated. Thanks so much! :) This is my first time trying to make a green Siyat. 

when i got my first Siyat, this was the message the sender sent me:

First off, only incubate it if you want a green.

If you want a blue, stick it UNincubated into hatcheries when it is under 4 days but over 3 days - 3d to 3s23h

If you want a purple, stick it UNincubated into hatcheries when it is under 3 days - 2d 23h left or less

28 minutes ago, trystan said:

when i got my first Siyat, this was the message the sender sent me:

First off, only incubate it if you want a green.

If you want a blue, stick it UNincubated into hatcheries when it is under 4 days but over 3 days - 3d to 3s23h

If you want a purple, stick it UNincubated into hatcheries when it is under 3 days - 2d 23h left or less

Thank you for this. I have just added this to the wiki page for Siyats. There was some information there, but it wasn’t clear how to get each one.

I added the following text to the wiki page for Siyats:

”To get a green Siyat: Incubate and hatch it before the egg turns 3 days 0 hours old. To get  a green Siyat, the egg must be incubated.

To get a blue Siyat: Put the egg UNincubated into hatcheries when it is under 4 days (3 days 23 hours) but over 3 days 0 hours and hatch it during that timeframe.

To get a purple Siyat: Put the egg UNincubated into hatcheries when it is under 3 days - 2d 23h left or less.”

purplehaze, thank you also for your clarification. It makes sense now (if I can remember it!).

Edited by missy_

@missy_ - you're welcome!

8 minutes ago, missy_ said:

To get a green Siyat: Incubate and hatch it before the egg turns 3 days 0 hours old.

i think as long as it's incubated, i'm pretty sure it doesn't matter when it actually hatches, no matter how much time is left.  personally, i try to get all my eggs to hatch by 4d0h, once they're actually able to hatch. XD

22 minutes ago, trystan said:

@missy_ - you're welcome!

i think as long as it's incubated, i'm pretty sure it doesn't matter when it actually hatches, no matter how much time is left.  personally, i try to get all my eggs to hatch by 4d0h, once they're actually able to hatch. XD

Hmmm okay, I was looking at Fuzzbucket’s old post and purplehaze’s post and inferred that, since the egg needs to technically be 4 days or older to hatch into a green Siyat, it would have to hatch before the incubated egg reaches 3 days 0 hours.

Basically, if you incubate an egg, even though its actual egg time is 5 days, it shows as 4 days because of the incubate. This is why incubation is necessary to produce a green Siyat, or so I have gathered.

Edited by missy_

58 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Basically, if you incubate an egg, even though its actual egg time is 5 days, it shows as 4 days because of the incubate.

true... incubating tweaks the timeline and then it can get confusing. 

so what you say does make sense.