Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 hour ago, trystan said:

@missy_ - you're welcome!

i think as long as it's incubated, i'm pretty sure it doesn't matter when it actually hatches, no matter how much time is left.  personally, i try to get all my eggs to hatch by 4d0h, once they're actually able to hatch. XD

No, it needs to hatch in that 4 day down to 3 day time frame, which is when an unicubated egg would be between 5 days and 4 days and couldn't possibly hatch, which is why it must be incubated if you want green, but incubating does not automatically mean it will hatch green.

Edited by purplehaze

What purplehaze says is right: the only way to hatch an unincubated green siyat would be to force it between 4d1h and 5d0h days left, which is why incubation is necessary. However, if you incubate a siyat and forget to hatch it anyway till it's under 2.9 days remaining, incubated, it would fall into the blue or even purple time range (and you would need to get a new siyat).

Edited by Shadowdrake

3 hours ago, missy_ said:

(I don’t understand how an egg can be hatched before it is four days old.)

That is because and egg's AGE has nothing to do with its COUNTDOWN.

If you do not incubate an egg, it will show the COUNTDOWN of 4 days when it is actually 3 days old - that is its AGE.

You can hatch eggs earlier than at the age of 3 days in 2 of the following ways:

- incubate

- try to kill it using the Kill action or Earthquake

At the earliest, without any modifications, an egg can hatch when it is 3 days old.

A Siyat egg does not care if you incubate it or hatch it early in other ways.

Likewise, to make it purple, it needs to be 5 days OLD. So its COUNTDOWN would need to show 2 days or less without incubate, and 1 day or less with incubate.

yeah, i feel like Siyats cause some serious cognitive dissonance for a lot of us because 97% of the time we talk about egg and hatchling age according to it's "time until death" counter

And Siyats showed up like "No, it's based on age. Like, how long it has existed. Not how long it has left to live."  😂

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

No, it needs to hatch in that 4 day down to 3 day time frame, which is when an unicubated egg would be between 5 days and 4 days and couldn't possibly hatch, which is why it must be incubated if you want green

OH, i gotcha now!

what color would it be if~ say i pick up a siyat tonight and fog it, and then when it says it'll die in 4d2h, and i incubate it then, so now it's 3d2h, dump it in hatcheries....would it be green, because it was incubated?

they're very confusing.

Edited by trystan
proofread first, then post.....

3 minutes ago, trystan said:

OH, i gotcha now!

what color would it be if~ say i pick up a siyat tonight and fog it, and then when it says it'll die in 4d2h, and i incubate it then, so now it's 3d2h dump it in hatcheries....would it be green, because it was incubated?

they're very confusing.

It would be green as long as it hatches before it hits the 3 day mark. But say you leave it fogged until it is at 3d 23h and then incubate it (bringing it to 2d 23h) and then put it in the hatcheries it will be blue.

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

It would be green as long as it hatches before it hits the 3 day mark. But say you leave it fogged until it is at 3d 23h and then incubate it (bringing it to 2d 23h) and then put it in the hatcheries it will be blue.

gotcha! thanks!

(still confusing lil buggers....)

Been back on the site almost a month after several years away and I'm trying to catch up on all the eggs I missed. I picked up one on the AP, a 2nd gen Zyumorph, https://dragcave.net/lineage/uCIPV The parents are apparently Sinomorphs and in looking at their view pages, neither of them have Views/Unique Views or Clicks. When were they introduced, and where can I find more information on their origins or how they are created? 

I still haven't found them in the News thread.

(Frills returned! Yay! <3)

12 minutes ago, dragongrrl said:

Been back on the site almost a month after several years away and I'm trying to catch up on all the eggs I missed. I picked up one on the AP, a 2nd gen Zyumorph, https://dragcave.net/lineage/uCIPV The parents are apparently Sinomorphs and in looking at their view pages, neither of them have Views/Unique Views or Clicks. When were they introduced, and where can I find more information on their origins or how they are created? 

I still haven't found them in the News thread.

(Frills returned! Yay! <3)

Sinomorphs are summoned, like the GoNs, but they appear on your scroll fully grown. You need to have a full set of the Zyumorphs to summon one. You can only use each set of Zyus once, though.

Here is a link to the wiki page: https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Sinomorph

Edited by purplehaze

5 hours ago, trystan said:

gotcha! thanks!

(still confusing lil buggers....)

I find this to be the easiest way to explain it.

A Siyat's color depends on their natural time left when hatched. If you incubated, add a day to the egg's timer to find the window they are in.

7d 0h - 4d 1h: green (this means you must incubate, earthquake, or try to force with kill for green)

4d 0h - 2d 1h: blue

2d 0h - 0d 0h: purple

Is there no sibling topic to the "What is your current bad luck."? Like, "What is your current good luck." I feel like there should be, but I couldn't seem to locate it, if it does exist. 🤔

Ahh! I did not realize that's what that topic was for! :lol: I've seen it but didn't click on it, because I didn't realize it's contents was the mirror for "What is your current bad luck." lol For some reason I was thinking it was meant for something else. Okay yes, that's what I was looking for! Thank you @Fuzzbucket ! :D

You know how when you breed an egg and you come back the next time to breed that mate is at the top of the page (maybe not the first one listed, but still at the top)?  Has anyone noticed that this is not happening lately?

4 minutes ago, Classycal said:

You know how when you breed an egg and you come back the next time to breed that mate is at the top of the page (maybe not the first one listed, but still at the top)?  Has anyone noticed that this is not happening lately?

I've not noticed this with my own dragons, no. I've bred my CB Zyus for the past two weeks, and several pairs had never bred before that, and when I last bred them their new mates were at the top like normal.

2 hours ago, Classycal said:

I've noticed hat for my most recent "new" pairing, but all my old ones I'm breeding are normal. The "new" one I bred was 2 reds, and the new mate is 2nd from the top, which I found odd.

1 hour ago, Serotina said:

I've noticed hat for my most recent "new" pairing, but all my old ones I'm breeding are normal. The "new" one I bred was 2 reds, and the new mate is 2nd from the top, which I found odd.

If you say new mate is 2nd do you breed that red to another partner before (that one on top)? The order is how often you bred them together not what was bred last.

3 hours ago, Classycal said:

Are you referring to a special pairing? Because TJ changed something a few years about breeding Holiday pairs during their respective season. Meaning if you bred e.g. a Val x common last Valentine the first time it isn't count as first breeding anymore. So the mate won't show up on top at the mates breeding list until you breed them the first time after Valentine.

If it's a common x common pair you're refering to, that shouldn't happen.

Just checked some of my pairs that bred recently for the first time and they show up normal with the mate on the top (even those that didn't gave an egg).

11 minutes ago, rinoa26 said:
1 hour ago, Serotina said:

2nd from the top, which I found odd.

If you say new mate is 2nd do you breed that red to another partner before (that one on top)? The order is how often you bred them together not what was bred last.

That's it! Thank you ^^ I thought it was most recent at the top

Is there a way to overline text on mobile? I feel like there was an option before but now I can’t find it. 

3 hours ago, rinoa26 said:

Are you referring to a special pairing? Because TJ changed something a few years about breeding Holiday pairs during their respective season. Meaning if you bred e.g. a Val x common last Valentine the first time it isn't count as first breeding anymore. So the mate won't show up on top at the mates breeding list until you breed them the first time after Valentine.

I'm breeding my Prize Dragon to Holidays.  Would this count for what you are saying?  Some of the Holidays I've bred her to are there at the top of the page though, but they aren't the most recent pairings.  

Edit...  I just checked my Reds that I recently bred and the most recent mate is not showing up there either.  

Edited by Classycal

6 minutes ago, Classycal said:

I'm breeding my Prize Dragon to Holidays.  Would this count for what you are saying?  Some of the Holidays I've bred her to are there at the top of the page though, but they aren't the most recent pairings.  

Edit...  I just checked my Reds that I recently bred and the most recent mate is not showing up there either.  

As said before, not the most recent mate is shown on top of the breeding list but the mate you bred it most to (don't know about the order if you only bred a dragon to anyother only once).

And for the Holiday breeding: back in February 2018 TJ changed how Holiday breeding works. A pair bred the first time in a holiday season won't be count as first breeding. Meaning the dragons won't show up on top of the breeding list of each others. You have to breed them outside the holiday season to get them on the top.

Dragons that had been bred before that change and therefore showed up on top before are unaffected.

So if you have a Holiday x Holiday pair breeding after Valentine 2018 never will get on top of each others breeding list because you can't breed them outside of season.

So if you breed your Prize Dragon to Holidays for Holiday offspring only before Valentine 2018 will show you the Holidays on the upper part of the breeding list. Holiday mates after Valentine 2018 will show at their normal position they have on your scroll as if they never bred before.

If you now breed your Prize Dragon to a Holiday and don't get a refusal it should show up in the breeding list as normal (somewhere between the other breeding mates, not at the very top).

Hope that makes any senses, I'm not good in explaining things XD