Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Green Siyats are actually the easiest to get because all you have to do is incubate them and then make sure they hatch before they get to 3 days. I believe that Ruby Eyes was mistaken because it is indeed impossible for an egg to hatch before it reaches 4 days.

7 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Any clarification on this would be appreciated. Thanks so much! :) This is my first time trying to make a green Siyat. 

when i got my first Siyat, this was the message the sender sent me:

First off, only incubate it if you want a green.

If you want a blue, stick it UNincubated into hatcheries when it is under 4 days but over 3 days - 3d to 3s23h

If you want a purple, stick it UNincubated into hatcheries when it is under 3 days - 2d 23h left or less

28 minutes ago, trystan said:

when i got my first Siyat, this was the message the sender sent me:

First off, only incubate it if you want a green.

If you want a blue, stick it UNincubated into hatcheries when it is under 4 days but over 3 days - 3d to 3s23h

If you want a purple, stick it UNincubated into hatcheries when it is under 3 days - 2d 23h left or less

Thank you for this. I have just added this to the wiki page for Siyats. There was some information there, but it wasn’t clear how to get each one.

I added the following text to the wiki page for Siyats:

”To get a green Siyat: Incubate and hatch it before the egg turns 3 days 0 hours old. To get  a green Siyat, the egg must be incubated.

To get a blue Siyat: Put the egg UNincubated into hatcheries when it is under 4 days (3 days 23 hours) but over 3 days 0 hours and hatch it during that timeframe.

To get a purple Siyat: Put the egg UNincubated into hatcheries when it is under 3 days - 2d 23h left or less.”

purplehaze, thank you also for your clarification. It makes sense now (if I can remember it!).

Edited by missy_

@missy_ - you're welcome!

8 minutes ago, missy_ said:

To get a green Siyat: Incubate and hatch it before the egg turns 3 days 0 hours old.

i think as long as it's incubated, i'm pretty sure it doesn't matter when it actually hatches, no matter how much time is left.  personally, i try to get all my eggs to hatch by 4d0h, once they're actually able to hatch. XD

22 minutes ago, trystan said:

i think as long as it's incubated, i'm pretty sure it doesn't matter when it actually hatches, no matter how much time is left.  personally, i try to get all my eggs to hatch by 4d0h, once they're actually able to hatch. XD

Hmmm okay, I was looking at Fuzzbucket’s old post and purplehaze’s post and inferred that, since the egg needs to technically be 4 days or older to hatch into a green Siyat, it would have to hatch before the incubated egg reaches 3 days 0 hours.

Basically, if you incubate an egg, even though its actual egg time is 5 days, it shows as 4 days because of the incubate. This is why incubation is necessary to produce a green Siyat, or so I have gathered.

Edited by missy_

58 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Basically, if you incubate an egg, even though its actual egg time is 5 days, it shows as 4 days because of the incubate.

true... incubating tweaks the timeline and then it can get confusing. 

so what you say does make sense.

1 hour ago, trystan said:

No, it needs to hatch in that 4 day down to 3 day time frame, which is when an unicubated egg would be between 5 days and 4 days and couldn't possibly hatch, which is why it must be incubated if you want green, but incubating does not automatically mean it will hatch green.

Edited by purplehaze

What purplehaze says is right: the only way to hatch an unincubated green siyat would be to force it between 4d1h and 5d0h days left, which is why incubation is necessary. However, if you incubate a siyat and forget to hatch it anyway till it's under 2.9 days remaining, incubated, it would fall into the blue or even purple time range (and you would need to get a new siyat).

Edited by Shadowdrake

3 hours ago, missy_ said:

(I don’t understand how an egg can be hatched before it is four days old.)

That is because and egg's AGE has nothing to do with its COUNTDOWN.

If you do not incubate an egg, it will show the COUNTDOWN of 4 days when it is actually 3 days old - that is its AGE.

You can hatch eggs earlier than at the age of 3 days in 2 of the following ways:

- incubate

- try to kill it using the Kill action or Earthquake

At the earliest, without any modifications, an egg can hatch when it is 3 days old.

A Siyat egg does not care if you incubate it or hatch it early in other ways.

Likewise, to make it purple, it needs to be 5 days OLD. So its COUNTDOWN would need to show 2 days or less without incubate, and 1 day or less with incubate.

yeah, i feel like Siyats cause some serious cognitive dissonance for a lot of us because 97% of the time we talk about egg and hatchling age according to it's "time until death" counter

And Siyats showed up like "No, it's based on age. Like, how long it has existed. Not how long it has left to live."  😂

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

No, it needs to hatch in that 4 day down to 3 day time frame, which is when an unicubated egg would be between 5 days and 4 days and couldn't possibly hatch, which is why it must be incubated if you want green

OH, i gotcha now!

what color would it be if~ say i pick up a siyat tonight and fog it, and then when it says it'll die in 4d2h, and i incubate it then, so now it's 3d2h, dump it in hatcheries....would it be green, because it was incubated?

they're very confusing.

Edited by trystan
proofread first, then post.....

3 minutes ago, trystan said:

OH, i gotcha now!

what color would it be if~ say i pick up a siyat tonight and fog it, and then when it says it'll die in 4d2h, and i incubate it then, so now it's 3d2h dump it in hatcheries....would it be green, because it was incubated?

they're very confusing.

It would be green as long as it hatches before it hits the 3 day mark. But say you leave it fogged until it is at 3d 23h and then incubate it (bringing it to 2d 23h) and then put it in the hatcheries it will be blue.

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

It would be green as long as it hatches before it hits the 3 day mark. But say you leave it fogged until it is at 3d 23h and then incubate it (bringing it to 2d 23h) and then put it in the hatcheries it will be blue.

gotcha! thanks!

(still confusing lil buggers....)

Been back on the site almost a month after several years away and I'm trying to catch up on all the eggs I missed. I picked up one on the AP, a 2nd gen Zyumorph, https://dragcave.net/lineage/uCIPV The parents are apparently Sinomorphs and in looking at their view pages, neither of them have Views/Unique Views or Clicks. When were they introduced, and where can I find more information on their origins or how they are created? 

I still haven't found them in the News thread.

(Frills returned! Yay! <3)

12 minutes ago, dragongrrl said:

Been back on the site almost a month after several years away and I'm trying to catch up on all the eggs I missed. I picked up one on the AP, a 2nd gen Zyumorph, https://dragcave.net/lineage/uCIPV The parents are apparently Sinomorphs and in looking at their view pages, neither of them have Views/Unique Views or Clicks. When were they introduced, and where can I find more information on their origins or how they are created? 

I still haven't found them in the News thread.

(Frills returned! Yay! <3)

Sinomorphs are summoned, like the GoNs, but they appear on your scroll fully grown. You need to have a full set of the Zyumorphs to summon one. You can only use each set of Zyus once, though.

Here is a link to the wiki page: https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Sinomorph

Edited by purplehaze

5 hours ago, trystan said:

gotcha! thanks!

(still confusing lil buggers....)

I find this to be the easiest way to explain it.

A Siyat's color depends on their natural time left when hatched. If you incubated, add a day to the egg's timer to find the window they are in.

7d 0h - 4d 1h: green (this means you must incubate, earthquake, or try to force with kill for green)

4d 0h - 2d 1h: blue

2d 0h - 0d 0h: purple

Is there no sibling topic to the "What is your current bad luck."? Like, "What is your current good luck." I feel like there should be, but I couldn't seem to locate it, if it does exist. 🤔

Ahh! I did not realize that's what that topic was for! :lol: I've seen it but didn't click on it, because I didn't realize it's contents was the mirror for "What is your current bad luck." lol For some reason I was thinking it was meant for something else. Okay yes, that's what I was looking for! Thank you @Fuzzbucket ! :D

You know how when you breed an egg and you come back the next time to breed that mate is at the top of the page (maybe not the first one listed, but still at the top)?  Has anyone noticed that this is not happening lately?

4 minutes ago, Classycal said:

You know how when you breed an egg and you come back the next time to breed that mate is at the top of the page (maybe not the first one listed, but still at the top)?  Has anyone noticed that this is not happening lately?

I've not noticed this with my own dragons, no. I've bred my CB Zyus for the past two weeks, and several pairs had never bred before that, and when I last bred them their new mates were at the top like normal.