Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

12 hours ago, Shala said:

Yep, that's true, which is why I've been using fertility on every pair that didn't have non-holiday children. But fertility seems to be failing at preventing refusals, for the first time (for me) since fertility came into existence. Hence the post.

It's never been guaranteed though.

Influence: here it is.

1 hour ago, Murkydepths said:

I want to make a sprite for an event dragon, is that allowed? And how best to get involved?

If you have an idea for a dragon you can set up a topic in dragon requests. 

For a holiday, you have to do it offsite in private and pm it to TJ. 

If you are making a topic you can request help there, if done in private you can politely pm in cave artists to ask if they would like to help.

You can also start by offering to help on other request which would get your name out there. 

Dont forget to submit the artist permission form. 

I've been away from DC for a bit and I'm trying to catch up on the dragons I've missed. Some of my dragons don't have a breed name listed and I'm not sure why. Normally when I pick up a new breeds egg the breed name shows. But it isn't happening to all the new dragons I've grabbed. Here is one I can't see the name of, sdIGU.gif I know there were others too but I'd have to look for them.

16 minutes ago, annageckos said:

I've been away from DC for a bit and I'm trying to catch up on the dragons I've missed. Some of my dragons don't have a breed name listed and I'm not sure why. Normally when I pick up a new breeds egg the breed name shows. But it isn't happening to all the new dragons I've grabbed. Here is one I can't see the name of, sdIGU.gif I know there were others too but I'd have to look for them.

Breed names only show up if you've unlocked that specific sprite/stage for the dragon. As a result, you might see the breed name on an egg, but since you need to have owned 2 hatchlings or 3 adults for their respective sprites, the breed name won't appear while you've only had one. You can also click unfamiliar hatchlings or adults (such as on hatcheries or other peoples' scrolls) to help unlock names--5 clicks equal 1 owned dragon.

I know that one didn't show the breed name when I picked up the egg, but others did even though it was the first time I've gotten either dragons. 

I would say check the dragon encyclopedia, but I don't think it's accessible unless you have adults unlocked. The name should unlock on eggs though, unless it's being weird and refused to accept your click (which it does sometimes, apparently).

Maybe Alcedines are an exception because they can hatch into two versions. Breeds with multiple sprites sometimes behave strangely with unlocks.

(aka: click/pick more of those)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

On 11/13/2020 at 8:03 PM, Mystic_Halo said:

Hi again - there is a scroll with your username,  https://dragcave.net/user/Lucress

and if this is yours, just go there and type in your scroll name and password.

Then, go here - https://dragcave.net/account/edit

and you can fix any errors to your email, so that you will receive future messages. 

Not sure I understood how that worked exactly, xD but it worked : I managed to log in. ^^ So thanks alot. ^^

10 minutes ago, Gwathgor said:

How long do Luminas stay scaleless after breeding?

Supposedly, 24 hours. Practically, there seems to have been an issue with permanently scaleless Luminae lately.

3 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Supposedly, 24 hours. Practically, there seems to have been an issue with permanently scaleless Luminae lately.

Oh, so it's not only my issue. Thank you!

i'm pretty sure the answer is no, but: how can i find out if my hatchie is posted anywhere else than the hatcheries i put the egg in?  it was an egg this morning, and i put it in my usual hatcheries.  now that it's hatched, i've taken it out of the hatcheries so the new hatchie doesn't get too many views.  but when i'm on my scroll (dragcave.net/dragons) or it's view page (dragcave.net/view/z'dragon), i'm noticing it's still getting views.  i didn't think i could give it views unless i'm on the dragcave.net/user/trystan830 page.

tl;dr - how can i find out why - and where - my hatchie is still getting views?

(edit - i've fogged it so that stops happening, and i'll unfog it when i go to add it back to the hatcheries tomorrow)

Edited by trystan

I check all the ones that I can think of individually. Did you breed the egg, or was it from a trade/AP. I'm finding that almost everything that isn';t CB or self-bred seems to be already in places....

NB silvi's seems to keep them in the memory and so they pop back in as soon as they are unfogged...

Edited by Fuzzbucket

it was from a trade, but it's a a dino.  while i put it into 4 hatcheries (one was Silvi's) first and then 2 more, i took it out of those six, and checked 2 more after that.  i mean, i get that i added views when i would check each hatchery, but after they were all checked and closed, and i refreshed the page, two more views would pop in.  and then another 2 after a refresh.  so i'm very confused, because i know of 8 hatcheries it's not in anymore XD 

AH - the other day someone was saying they were getting views from refreshing their own page - it's in this thread somewhere....

I raised the question, and...

Edited by Fuzzbucket

yep i do remember that.

eh, i'll just keep the new little one fogged until tomorrow, no biggie.

On 11/13/2020 at 10:21 PM, Chaos Rider said:

Is there a template or something I can use for working out what dragons would look good in a checker lineage?

Yes, Allure of Neglected Dragons has one.

That shows you only a line from a specific pair. 

The one I posted the other day offers a template for actual planning in advance,.

Where you can do this kind of thing:

image.png.956e4178031d14046b6aa8ef884d2927.png

Edited by Fuzzbucket

34 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

That shows you only a line from a specific pair. 

The one I posted the other day offers a template for actual planning in advance,.

That will be great when it’s up and running!

4 minutes ago, shhhhsleeping said:

That will be great when it’s up and running!

Well, the lineage previewer *is* up and running.

Just now, Ruby Eyes said:

Well, the lineage previewer *is* up and running.

Yes, I just headed over there and took a look. 👍🏻

this one really is tiny... how many forum posts does one need before they can change their custom title?  and will that option appear in my account settings once i get there? :)