Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

58 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

Thanks!! DIdn't even know that page existed; for killing I guess I'll just need to go through the action log searching for keyword "killed" then...

Another question, I sorted by color. Is this normal?? That this blue dragon sorted on top?

985986288_ScreenShot2020-11-24at11_23_47PM.thumb.png.d93810395a5f8bd23c0d8da25383c64d.pngScreen_Shot_2020-11-24_at_11_23.54_PM.thumb.png.afd61011f6487556944599af87bc4c22.png

Wait wait wait.... Why is your blue Alcedine a female???

I thought blue = male, and red=female.

Have I just been super unlucky with mine? Is it like, a biome specific mechanic I completely missed somehow? I just let my Alcedines gender naturally, was it just a fluke all the colors aligned with a gender?

3 minutes ago, Serotina said:

Wait wait wait.... Why is your blue Alcedine a female???

I thought blue = male, and red=female.

Have I just been super unlucky with mine? Is it like, a biome specific mechanic I completely missed somehow? I just let my Alcedines gender naturally, was it just a fluke all the colors aligned with a gender?

Pretty sure they can be both genders. I missed out the release and the only two alcedine I had are red male and blue female

3 hours ago, Moriaty said:

Aaand I have a question. Where can I see when I last killed a dragon / froze a hatchling?

1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

Sadly, you have to find kills in the action lot, but freeze has a list in the help page: https://dragcave.net/help/actions#freeze

I'd like to point out a suggestion I made 2 years ago which for some reason gained hardly any interest ...

Support this one.

@Serotina Alcedine colouring is random, doesn't show till hatching, and either sex can be either colour..

5 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

@Dekka Guaranteed it's either spite or trolling. People hate what you have, hate what you're doing, hate that you grabbed something before them, or think you're one of many convenient viewbombing targets. They're just being jerks because there's no chance they'll be punished for doing this to you.

OR (and this does happen) they saw you mention it in a post and decided to do it some more to see if you will post again.... I am told this happens even more if you post about it on the unofficial discord, but I don't know that for a fact.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

2 hours ago, Moriaty said:

Another question, I sorted by color. Is this normal?? That this blue dragon sorted on top?

It is not actually normal, but it has happened before when a breed has multiple colourations. Purple Florets used to sort at the top for a long time because their sort colour was not defined. Seems to be the same with blue Alcedines now.

So this may be a dumb question, but I couldn't find the answer on the wiki/fandom site.

I accidentally enraged one of my Pacified Aegis dragons when I went to name it. I've never Pacified one once Enraged, but I didn't want this one Enraged. I know I need to wait a couple weeks now until the dead dragons I recently killed to try and get zombies are off of my scroll...but my question is this: Will having zombies on my scroll stop me from being able to Pacify an Enraged Aegis? Do they count as dead dragons that will keep me from being able to use Pacify, and I'll have to Expunge my zombies now? :unsure:

1 hour ago, LadyLoki said:

So this may be a dumb question, but I couldn't find the answer on the wiki/fandom site.

I accidentally enraged one of my Pacified Aegis dragons when I went to name it. I've never Pacified one once Enraged, but I didn't want this one Enraged. I know I need to wait a couple weeks now until the dead dragons I recently killed to try and get zombies are off of my scroll...but my question is this: Will having zombies on my scroll stop me from being able to Pacify an Enraged Aegis? Do they count as dead dragons that will keep me from being able to use Pacify, and I'll have to Expunge my zombies now? :unsure:

Heaven forbid! No, the zombies won't prevent you from pacifying the Aegis.

(besides, they are undead) ;)

Edited by purplehaze

If I keep my hatchling fogged all the way until 0 days 0 hours 0 minute but in fact it already has enough view to grow up, will it die or will it grow up in fog?

Edited by Moriaty

It will die. That is one way people get zombie hatchlings without using kill slots.

1 hour ago, Moriaty said:

If I keep my hatchling fogged all the way until 0 days 0 hours 0 minute but in fact it already has enough view to grow up, will it die or will it grow up in fog?

It will die, but it might take a little longer than just 0h. I think things don't die in fog until the hour hits on the clock. Definitely don't unfog it, though.

I see. Thank you! Was worried that if I gave it a lot of view as an egg it might have enough to grow up even I've prevented it from receiving views as a hatchi

Another question - does stunning prevent the hatchi from growing up? I know it stops it from getting views and add 1 day but does that stopped view count prevent hatchi from growing up as well?

Edited by Moriaty

1 hour ago, Moriaty said:

I see. Thank you! Was worried that if I gave it a lot of view as an egg it might have enough to grow up even I've prevented it from receiving views as a hatchi

Another question - does stunning prevent the hatchi from growing up? I know it stops it from getting views and add 1 day but does that stopped view count prevent hatchi from growing up as well?

Yes, a stunned hatchling cannot grow up for the duration of the stun (until it's able to get views again). (It can, however, be frozen, I've found out!)

Other question - does stunning prevent the hatchi from growing up? I know it stops it from getting views and add 1 day but does that stopped view count prevent hatchi from growing up as well?

Yes. However, if you trade it away the view count stop will disappear. However You also can't stun any hatchie with 1 day left or under, probably to prevent someone stunning something and it dying because it can't grow.

9 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Heaven forbid! No, the zombies won't prevent you from pacifying the Aegis.

(besides, they are undead) ;)

Thank goodness! That's a relief. ^_^ Thank you! I was a bit worried since they have tombstones during the day. :lol:

How hard is it to view bomb a hatchi to death? Like say I have a 7 day fresh hatchie, about what stat would cause it to naturally die?

Asking because I find being scroll locked trying to wait the clock out such a pain :< It's like, at least seven entire days for one single dead hatchi

How hard is it to view bomb a hatchi to death? Like say I have a 7 day fresh hatchie, about what stat would cause it to naturally die?

Asking because I find being scroll locked trying to wait the clock out such a pain :< It's like, at least seven entire days for one single dead hatchi

It's extremely difficult. Most people say that hatchlings will grow up fine even if they're sick all the time. The only person I've heard using sickness death said they had to start with eggs that were already sick for a day.

Stubborn eggs like zyus or prizes are probably easiest to get sick due to how long they get ER'd, if you don't care about lineage. Otherwise, semi-stubborn eggs like tetras and brimstones might work too? But if you're making them sick when they're an egg it probably doesn't much matter how long it takes to hatch.

30 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

It's extremely difficult. Most people say that hatchlings will grow up fine even if they're sick all the time. The only person I've heard using sickness death said they had to start with eggs that were already sick for a day.

Stubborn eggs like zyus or prizes are probably easiest to get sick due to how long they get ER'd, if you don't care about lineage. Otherwise, semi-stubborn eggs like tetras and brimstones might work too? But if you're making them sick when they're an egg it probably doesn't much matter how long it takes to hatch.

Looks like the waiting game is a better choice for me in this case ... I feel like if I do the get-em-sick-while-being-eggs route I have a chance of not watching them closely enough and killing the egg instead :S Thanks for that helpful info!

Question: how do people "hunt" for code? I've seen it mentioned a lot of times on forum but don't quite understand how people do it unless they actually get to the get-egg page? Apologies if it's something that we aren't supposed to talk about

If you hover the mouse over an egg in the biomes or the AP there's a floating little field where you can read the code, depending on the brower it  hovers over the egg or somewhere in the corner of your browser window. Not sure if it would work on mobile in any way though.

2 hours ago, Tinibree said:

Mobile as I understand is done by holding down until the menu pops up.

Exactly. By which time the egg is often claimed. XD

I know Alcedine colors are random until they hatch, but can I use color sort to determine which color they’ll be? I tried it, but it didn’t give me a concrete answer as the egg sorted between blue & brown. If it were brown, would the egg be sorted at the end of the brown Alcedines?

Question: I have a Spirit Ward egg, and on the /view/ page it doesn't show the Encyclopedia link for me.

Normally I thought when you have an egg on your scroll you always get the Encyclopedia link on the /view/ page?

This isn't even my first Spirit Ward egg, also when I go to the actual Encyclopedia page it says Eggs Owned: 5 Hatchlings Owned: 2 Adults Raised: 2 and I see the egg sprites.

I feel super confused now.

You need to view a lot more to have it show in the view page and IIRC it takes sufficient ADULTS viewed to have the link show.. I've never known it work for a single egg. Hover over the images for the adults and it will show you how many you need. And for them, it takes AGES to unlock all the variants, of course. You have unlocked the egg sprite - but that isn't all you need.

View all of mine; that should get you the current variant unlocked, and the link.

https://dragcave.net/group/144158

5 hours ago, love_HP said:

Question: I have a Spirit Ward egg, and on the /view/ page it doesn't show the Encyclopedia link for me.

I suspect that it would show you the link if you viewed it at the time-of-day it reached your scroll. Spirit Ward adults and, hardly visible, also the hatchlings change their sprite - they glow during the night, and are completely dark during the day.

Those Spirit Ward eggs don't display any difference, but from your report it seems they still count as different sprites during the day/night as far as the site is concerned. So Fuzz is right: you may need to observe or catch (or breed) more Spirit Ward eggs at different times until all 5 eggs in your Encyclopedia are unlocked. Each individual can count for being owned, hatched, or raised only once, and observed once every 30 days (by which time your egg cannot be an egg anymore) so other eggs will need to do the trick.

@Fuzzbucket Actually, I found these links to unlock per stage. 1 owned for eggs, 2 owned/hatched per hatchling, 3 for raised adults - for standard breeds. Those with additional colours and variations need plenty of extra attention ...

Normally, when we get a new release, the Encyclopedia entry isn't there until a week later or so. You and I are usually on top of things on DC, which is why we never get to see the link on new release eggs XD

Edited by Ruby Eyes