Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I have a frozen Celestial hatchling that I corporealised on November 21st (or at least, I believe November 21st - it may be give or take a few days, but it was around the same time I froze it and according to my actions log that is the 21st) just because I like the corporeal sprite, and it has remained corporeal ever since then even though it has been well over a week. The action page says that it will remain corporeal for "less than a day" and has said that for quite a while now.

I like that my hatchling has remained corporeal and genuinely do not want it fixed (I want to have one of every sprite on my scroll one day and not having to constantly recorporealise and deal with cooldowns is ncie), but it's been making me wonder if this is supposed to happen, and if not is it a known bug?

Edited by Efelkay

A tiny problem, how to delete my reply?

I know I can hide my reply, but is that equivalent to delete?

1 minute ago, Black1973 said:

A tiny problem, how to delete my reply?

I know I can hide my reply, but is that equivalent to delete?

For the common user, yes. Only moderators and admins can see hidden posts.

Just now, Ruby Eyes said:

For the common user, yes. Only moderators and admins can see hidden posts.

Thanks! I ask this problem because I am a little worried about my closed trade reply.

Has anyone elses Starsinger Dragon disappeared from their Dragon Encylopedia?

image.png.2f59d4961e0444c12c294f78647341df.png

Edit:

Oh I see the problem. The adult sprite has gone missing.

image.png.a04d74a634ad2adb3989494a11fd2f3b.png

https://dragcave.net/dragonopedia/1632

I can still see my CB in /lineage/ view

image.png.946e1ac31a93a29403848098abdf455d.png

But not when i'm on /view/

image.png.8c87e7e2fdce12e3716b188f5d67bce8.png

Edited by lovecats99

8 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

@Ruffledfeathers @lovecats99 You may want to put a whitelist rule for dragcave.net images on your adblocker.

You were right. :) Thanks for the heads up.

image.png.bbce15100dbdcd096d9b26e370be226e.png

On 12/7/2020 at 4:32 AM, Efelkay said:

I have a frozen Celestial hatchling that I corporealised on November 21st (or at least, I believe November 21st - it may be give or take a few days, but it was around the same time I froze it and according to my actions log that is the 21st) just because I like the corporeal sprite, and it has remained corporeal ever since then even though it has been well over a week. The action page says that it will remain corporeal for "less than a day" and has said that for quite a while now.

I like that my hatchling has remained corporeal and genuinely do not want it fixed (I want to have one of every sprite on my scroll one day and not having to constantly recorporealise and deal with cooldowns is ncie), but it's been making me wonder if this is supposed to happen, and if not is it a known bug?

this reminds me of the whole thing with the lumias remaining naked for like a month.

Can two pink produce bright pink? I know two bright pinks can produce pink but can it go the other way around?

22 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

Can two pink produce bright pink? I know two bright pinks can produce pink but can it go the other way around?

No, I don't think so. It doesn't mention it on their wiki page either, so I don't believe they can. Or at least I've never heard/seen it happen.

It won't happen because there is no history that way round. Only Old Bright Pinks were discontinued and thus could breed only the new Pinks for a while, and the chance for that result has been kept as "backwards compatibility" for Arias for lineage builders.

I don't know where I can vent this anger, but I thought if I do it here it might be a word to the wise to take their names off of their scrolls.

I have 6 dead eggs and a bunch of sick hatchlings.  I am furious.

The last 2 things I caught were a dino I was going to give away, and an Umbra, which has taken quite a while to get.  

Someone probably wanted one of them and saw my scroll name and put everything someplace to kill them.  I have seen it happen to others, and really didn't think it would happen to me, after all these years.  I was wrong.

Make yourself safe and hide your scroll name, is all I can think of.  And now the disgusting person who did this has that scroll name, so I have had to hide it, and I hate that. 

I totally understand your anger and frustration. I have had it happen to me and had to hide my scroll more than once.

1 hour ago, RainDear said:

I totally understand your anger and frustration. I have had it happen to me and had to hide my scroll more than once.

Thank you.  And now I find other problems, because I told me DH to hide his scroll and he has ER eggs, LOL.  Places we usually do add eggs can't see the scroll, now.  He added them to Silvi's Lair one by one, but he's pretty annoyed!

9 minutes ago, daba555 said:

Thank you.  And now I find other problems, because I told me DH to hide his scroll and he has ER eggs, LOL.  Places we usually do add eggs can't see the scroll, now.  He added them to Silvi's Lair one by one, but he's pretty annoyed!

That indeed is annoying, but you can add your eggs to the sites first then hide your scroll. Basically unhide, add, then hide again, I think that's easier than doing things one by one

Hopefully you would be able to replace what you lost...

1 minute ago, Moriaty said:

That indeed is annoying, but you can add your eggs to the sites first then hide your scroll. Basically unhide, add, then hide again, I think that's easier than doing things one by one

Hopefully you would be able to replace what you lost...

Thank you for the tip.  I'll try it when I need to add eggs. 

I will not easily be able to replace the umbra and autumn, though.  I didn't care about the dino, and the others were fairly common, except for one pygmy, but they do come around more often.

I know I'll live, unlike my poor eggs :(

1 hour ago, daba555 said:

Thank you for the tip.  I'll try it when I need to add eggs. 

I will not easily be able to replace the umbra and autumn, though. 

This is an incredibly helpful community. :) Maybe if you let slip what lineage the Autumn had, a generous soul might breed you a replacement.

36 minutes ago, Fly-by-Night said:

This is an incredibly helpful community. :) Maybe if you let slip what lineage the Autumn had, a generous soul might breed you a replacement.

Thanks for the kind thought :)

It was a CB, so maybe I will find another one.  I guess there's a couple of weeks left.  But I don't think I've seen more than one or two the whole season.

Sorry for the problems you've run into daba555.  I do want to offer another tip to help prevent such an occurrence.  Whenever you catch something rarish from the cave immediately fog it so they can't use the code to bomb.  If you are quick it will also prevent them from seeing scroll name.  If it's something really rare you might also want to hide scroll at that point as insurance.  I normally don't put new eggs into hatcheries until they are a day old and by that time the potential bomber hopefully has found other things to catch their attention.  After that 24 hours I will unfog/unhide things, though do watch closely to make sure.

14 hours ago, Dracaena said:

Sorry for the problems you've run into daba555.  I do want to offer another tip to help prevent such an occurrence.  Whenever you catch something rarish from the cave immediately fog it so they can't use the code to bomb.  If you are quick it will also prevent them from seeing scroll name.  If it's something really rare you might also want to hide scroll at that point as insurance.  I normally don't put new eggs into hatcheries until they are a day old and by that time the potential bomber hopefully has found other things to catch their attention.  After that 24 hours I will unfog/unhide things, though do watch closely to make sure.

Good tips, thank you.  I have never, ever had this problem, in the 12 years I've belonged.  Not with gold, silver, or anything else.  That some people can be so petty and jealous over a simple thing like this is mind-boggling!

3 of the 6 sick hatchlings are still sick this morning, and I am not going to unfog them till right before they can mature - does that seem the right thing to do?  Unfortunately, with the Nebulas, I was planning to gift ones that went green, and maybe that won't work, then.

2 hours ago, daba555 said:

Good tips, thank you.  I have never, ever had this problem, in the 12 years I've belonged.  Not with gold, silver, or anything else.  That some people can be so petty and jealous over a simple thing like this is mind-boggling!

3 of the 6 sick hatchlings are still sick this morning, and I am not going to unfog them till right before they can mature - does that seem the right thing to do?  Unfortunately, with the Nebulas, I was planning to gift ones that went green, and maybe that won't work, then.

From what I've heard hatchlings are very hard to kill by viewbombing so they should be alright. Better safe than sorry though, so your strategy sounds fine; you could stun the nebula to get some extra time to gift it.

Stun?  Huh.  I don't know much about BSA's, except the basic incubate, fertility, and gender influence, actually.  

1 hour ago, daba555 said:

Stun?  Huh.  I don't know much about BSA's, except the basic incubate, fertility, and gender influence, actually.  

Stun (Bolt BSA) adds a day to the hatchling's countdown, and renders it unable to receive any views or clicks for two days.

I *think* that last effect vanishes upon the hatchling leaving your scroll, though.