Jump to content
Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Classycal said:

You know how when you breed an egg and you come back the next time to breed that mate is at the top of the page (maybe not the first one listed, but still at the top)?  Has anyone noticed that this is not happening lately?

I've noticed hat for my most recent "new" pairing, but all my old ones I'm breeding are normal. The "new" one I bred was 2 reds, and the new mate is 2nd from the top, which I found odd.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Serotina said:

I've noticed hat for my most recent "new" pairing, but all my old ones I'm breeding are normal. The "new" one I bred was 2 reds, and the new mate is 2nd from the top, which I found odd.

If you say new mate is 2nd do you breed that red to another partner before (that one on top)? The order is how often you bred them together not what was bred last.

 

3 hours ago, Classycal said:

You know how when you breed an egg and you come back the next time to breed that mate is at the top of the page (maybe not the first one listed, but still at the top)?  Has anyone noticed that this is not happening lately?

Are you referring to a special pairing? Because TJ changed something a few years about breeding Holiday pairs during their respective season. Meaning if you bred e.g. a Val x common last Valentine the first time it isn't count as first breeding anymore. So the mate won't show up on top at the mates breeding list until you breed them the first time after Valentine.

 

If it's a common x common pair you're refering to, that shouldn't happen.

Just checked some of my pairs that bred recently for the first time and they show up normal with the mate on the top (even those that didn't gave an egg).

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, rinoa26 said:
1 hour ago, Serotina said:

2nd from the top, which I found odd.

If you say new mate is 2nd do you breed that red to another partner before (that one on top)? The order is how often you bred them together not what was bred last.

That's it! Thank you ^^ I thought it was most recent at the top

Share this post


Link to post

Is there a way to overline text on mobile? I feel like there was an option before but now I can’t find it. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, rinoa26 said:

Are you referring to a special pairing? Because TJ changed something a few years about breeding Holiday pairs during their respective season. Meaning if you bred e.g. a Val x common last Valentine the first time it isn't count as first breeding anymore. So the mate won't show up on top at the mates breeding list until you breed them the first time after Valentine.

 

I'm breeding my Prize Dragon to Holidays.  Would this count for what you are saying?  Some of the Holidays I've bred her to are there at the top of the page though, but they aren't the most recent pairings.  

 

Edit...  I just checked my Reds that I recently bred and the most recent mate is not showing up there either.  

Edited by Classycal

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Classycal said:

I'm breeding my Prize Dragon to Holidays.  Would this count for what you are saying?  Some of the Holidays I've bred her to are there at the top of the page though, but they aren't the most recent pairings.  

 

Edit...  I just checked my Reds that I recently bred and the most recent mate is not showing up there either.  

As said before, not the most recent mate is shown on top of the breeding list but the mate you bred it most to (don't know about the order if you only bred a dragon to anyother only once).

 

And for the Holiday breeding: back in February 2018 TJ changed how Holiday breeding works. A pair bred the first time in a holiday season won't be count as first breeding. Meaning the dragons won't show up on top of the breeding list of each others. You have to breed them outside the holiday season to get them on the top.

Dragons that had been bred before that change and therefore showed up on top before are unaffected.

So if you have a Holiday x Holiday pair breeding after Valentine 2018 never will get on top of each others breeding list because you can't breed them outside of season.

 

So if you breed your Prize Dragon to Holidays for Holiday offspring only before Valentine 2018 will show you the Holidays on the upper part of the breeding list. Holiday mates after Valentine 2018 will show at their normal position they have on your scroll as if they never bred before.

If you now breed your Prize Dragon to a Holiday and don't get a refusal it should show up in the breeding list as normal (somewhere between the other breeding mates, not at the very top).

 

Hope that makes any senses, I'm not good in explaining things XD

 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, rinoa26 said:

As said before, not the most recent mate is shown on top of the breeding list but the mate you bred it most to (don't know about the order if you only bred a dragon to anyother only once).

 

And for the Holiday breeding: back in February 2018 TJ changed how Holiday breeding works. A pair bred the first time in a holiday season won't be count as first breeding. Meaning the dragons won't show up on top of the breeding list of each others. You have to breed them outside the holiday season to get them on the top.

Dragons that had been bred before that change and therefore showed up on top before are unaffected.

So if you have a Holiday x Holiday pair breeding after Valentine 2018 never will get on top of each others breeding list because you can't breed them outside of season.

 

So if you breed your Prize Dragon to Holidays for Holiday offspring only before Valentine 2018 will show you the Holidays on the upper part of the breeding list. Holiday mates after Valentine 2018 will show at their normal position they have on your scroll as if they never bred before.

If you now breed your Prize Dragon to a Holiday and don't get a refusal it should show up in the breeding list as normal (somewhere between the other breeding mates, not at the very top).

 

Hope that makes any senses, I'm not good in explaining things XD

 

It does make sense, but my most recent breeding mates aren't showing up.  I'm having to write down what I bred a mate to so I can remember that mate the next time I breed.  

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Classycal said:

It does make sense, but my most recent breeding mates aren't showing up.  I'm having to write down what I bred a mate to so I can remember that mate the next time I breed.  

They aren't showing at all? Or are they just way down the list?

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Classycal said:

They aren't showing at all.

That sounds like a glitch. I can't think of a reason why they should not be showing at all.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Classycal said:

It does make sense, but my most recent breeding mates aren't showing up.  I'm having to write down what I bred a mate to so I can remember that mate the next time I breed.  

So you did breed your Prize to a Holiday (say Rosebud) before (not at Valentine breeding season) and get or didn't get an offspring. And now this mate doesn't show up somewhere on top but on the place it normally sits on your scroll?

 

That sounds wrong for me.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, rinoa26 said:

So you did breed your Prize to a Holiday (say Rosebud) before (not at Valentine breeding season) and get or didn't get an offspring. And now this mate doesn't show up somewhere on top but on the place it normally sits on your scroll?

 

That sounds wrong for me.

Yes, they are showing up in their normal place of my scroll.

Share this post


Link to post

And you checked that they aren't on cooldown because you bred them recently?

 

If they're not showing at all at the breeding list (not even on the end as rejected) and aren't on breeding cooldown you should make a new threath I guess (maybe with screenshots?). That sounds like a glitch to me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, hedy said:

Is there a way to overline text on mobile? I feel like there was an option before but now I can’t find it. 

I manually type it around the stuff I want to strike through.

Square bracket - s - close square bracket. Type your text. Square bracket - / - s - close square bracket. Leave the dashes out, of course. I find it works best if I add a space before and after the text.

Like this!

Share this post


Link to post

So, what determines the price for eggs in the market? I've been trying to work up my mana to buy another staterae for a few weeks now. I had 1400 something when the price was 1500. I got it up to 1555 and went to get it only to see last week the price rose to 1600. I figure, okay, I'll try next week. I just looked at the refreshed price and now its 1700. it feels like running a race and the finish line is in sight, but as you get close it keeps getting moved constantly. I know the price reflects rarity in the cave, but could it not be possible to keep it from rising by 100 each week which imo serves as a tease to those trying to obtain the egg? If it had only been once or twice I wouldn't have an issue, but when I've been working to save up for it and tried to buy it no less than four times only to see the price rise just out of each it make it a bit disheartening. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Syiren said:

So, what determines the price for eggs in the market? I've been trying to work up my mana to buy another staterae for a few weeks now. I had 1400 something when the price was 1500. I got it up to 1555 and went to get it only to see last week the price rose to 1600. I figure, okay, I'll try next week. I just looked at the refreshed price and now its 1700. it feels like running a race and the finish line is in sight, but as you get close it keeps getting moved constantly. I know the price reflects rarity in the cave, but could it not be possible to keep it from rising by 100 each week which imo serves as a tease to those trying to obtain the egg? If it had only been once or twice I wouldn't have an issue, but when I've been working to save up for it and tried to buy it no less than four times only to see the price rise just out of each it make it a bit disheartening. 

As you said, its rarity and ratios and all that stuff. Its hard to really know for sure because we don't actually have any kind of population numbers user-side. I think if you wait till closer to the holiday it'll dip back down as people stop breeding as much in prep, going by that it was low back just after halloween.

Share this post


Link to post

Are upside-down Mints considered "rare"? I'm asking because I'm organizing my dragons/groups and instead of just having a CB metal group I decided to put all CB rares (Metals, GoNs, Sinos, etc) in one group. And I know they're unique in that you can only get one (if you get one) each year, so I'm wondering if they would fall under the "rare" category.

Share this post


Link to post

Guys, why eggs at the market I already possessed are concidered locked? Third dragon egg I got was baloon dragon, back at 2009. Now it says "Unlock egg to purchaise"... Wtf?

Is that because Market came after that? I have a few baloon dragons already, and it's not a single case. Some eggs are just concidered not possessed. Many, actually.

Edited by Aries_Wild_Child

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Aries_Wild_Child said:

Guys, why eggs at the market I already possessed are concidered locked? Third dragon egg I got was baloon dragon, back at 2009. Now it says "Unlock egg to purchaise"... Wtf?

Is that because Market came after that? I have a few baloon dragons already, and it's not a single case. Some eggs are just concidered not possessed. Many, actually.

You're almost right! :) You have the right suspicion. What you can purchase in the market depends on what you have unlocked in the encyclopaedia, and that didn't count anything that happened before it came into effect.

 

To unlock eggs in the encyclopaedia, you can go on a clicking spree in the hatcheries, that should help somewhat.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Aries_Wild_Child said:

 Some eggs are just concidered not possessed. Many, actually.

 

2 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

To unlock eggs in the encyclopaedia, you can go on a clicking spree in the hatcheries, that should help somewhat.

 

This thread can help, too:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, LadyLoki said:

Are upside-down Mints considered "rare"? I'm asking because I'm organizing my dragons/groups and instead of just having a CB metal group I decided to put all CB rares (Metals, GoNs, Sinos, etc) in one group. And I know they're unique in that you can only get one (if you get one) each year, so I'm wondering if they would fall under the "rare" category.

Not really. They are still mints, and breed regular mints. They sadly don't even show they are upside down in lineages. Which I think would have bumped their collectors ability a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Tinibree said:

As you said, its rarity and ratios and all that stuff. Its hard to really know for sure because we don't actually have any kind of population numbers user-side. I think if you wait till closer to the holiday it'll dip back down as people stop breeding as much in prep, going by that it was low back just after halloween.

Thanks. That makes sense and helps. I could easily use a spot for it as I really need a 4th one for a project. 

Share this post


Link to post

*edit* got my answer 😅

 

I picked up an egg from the AP a few hours ago and it doesn't seem to want to hatch. It has a lot of views and is under the 4days. Anyone else had something like this before because I haven't. It should have hatched by now...

 

Edited by Twinstar

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Twinstar said:

I picked up an egg from the AP a few hours ago and it doesn't seem to want to hatch. It has a lot of views and is under the 4days. Anyone else had something like this before because I haven't. It should have hatched by now...

egg views.png

It's a Sunset/rise. They have unique hatching mechanics and will only hatch during a certain time of day. From the wiki:

Quote
A Sun egg must hatch between 18:00 EST and 00:00 EST to become a Sunset Dragon. / A Sun egg must hatch between 6:00 EST and 12:00 EST to become a Sunrise Dragon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Paintra said:

It's a Sunset/rise. They have unique hatching mechanics and will only hatch during a certain time of day. From the wiki:

 

lmao my bad :lol:  Thanks, totally forgot 😅

Share this post


Link to post
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.