Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

How high is the chance to hatch an alt undine (or, how many eggs do I need to hatch to get an alt, statistically speaking)

17 minutes ago, LackingDragons said:

How high is the chance to hatch an alt undine (or, how many eggs do I need to hatch to get an alt, statistically speaking)

I hatched 3 and got 2 green and 1 yellow one.

Likewise, I hatched 4 Dark Green to get 1 alt.

I'm hoping for a similar quota when I'm trying for that alt Black in my lineage ...

30 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I hatched 3 and got 2 green and 1 yellow one.

Likewise, I hatched 4 Dark Green to get 1 alt.

I'm hoping for a similar quota when I'm trying for that alt Black in my lineage ...

Thank you, that gives me hope! I thought they were much rarer

I'm getting a lot of 504 Gateway errors. I'm on Cox Cable internet, PC, and I'm getting the 504 error no matter what browser I use.

Is anyone else experiencing extreme cave lag and error messages? Seems to alternate with lightening-fast loading. Not hourly lag or 5-minute shuffle lag -- just random lag!

I'm not getting a 504; I''m just getting a cannot connect. So are all the fansites.... And a tombstone when I try for any action.

3 minutes ago, perzephone said:

I'm getting a lot of 504 Gateway errors. I'm on Cox Cable internet, PC, and I'm getting the 504 error no matter what browser I use.

Getting the same errors, I'm on Verizon wifi. Glad to know it's not just me.

I'm in the UK - completely different servers etc.

Getting the same error messages (504 Gateway) when trying to breed...

i think we broke the Cave.  the other creature site i'm on just had it's birthday/anniversary celebration, and we kept breaking that site too - errors everywhere.

Hmm, when I try to go anywhere, it shows me the gravestone. If I spam reload, though, it works for a little.

2 minutes ago, TGL1983 said:

It's not down completely for me, just a lot of lags and error messages

i get this too.  i had lags when i was incubating two of my eggs. but it's not really down for me either

I've been elsewhere online this afternoon but just tried to go from my scroll to the cave and it was just a lag.

i'm not sure where to put this, but how secure is the forum messaging system? after mentioning some health stuff in a couple of pms, i started seeing ads on here for a medical practice specializing in those health issues. today i talked about my dog, and specifically how she's a spiteful pee-er, and now i'm getting ads for the #1 brand of dog food recommended by vets for kidney problems. is this a coincidence or does google ads have access to forum pms? 

If you see ads in the PM section, then yes. Scripts can easily parse the page they're currently running in, and send them back to wherever their owner wants that data.

(I don't know if they're also in the PM section because I block ads everywhere. I'm paying for ad removal on the main site so I refuse to accept them in the forums.)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

10 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

If you see ads in the PM section, then yes. Scripts can easily parse the page they're currently running in, and send them back to wherever their owner wants that data.

(I don't know if they're also in the PM section because I block ads everywhere. I'm paying for ad removal on the main site so I refuse to accept them in the forums.)

thanks, that explains it! i'm seeing them outside the pm/messaging system, but that would be easy enough for them to deliver while i'm logged in with the same cookies. 

I've been playing DC for years and have never seen something like this occur before, but I snagged an albino egg with 1 hour left and it immediately died after I put it in a hatchery. I checked on it less than a minute afterwards and it was already dead. I'm not sure why that happened...

11 minutes ago, OstrichDragon said:

I've been playing DC for years and have never seen something like this occur before, but I snagged an albino egg with 1 hour left and it immediately died after I put it in a hatchery. I checked on it less than a minute afterwards and it was already dead. I'm not sure why that happened...

It ran out of time. Time says 1hr left for the last hour of its life. 

Small thing I've never thought about before, on the coding side of things: Does anyone know exactly how the growing process for each dragon is coded/made? Basically what I'm thinking about is stuff like when an egg is hatching, and it goes through the different cracking stages, are each of those stages like 'new images' that replace the image before? Is it something where the coding/whatever has all these different cracking-stage images, as their own image-files, and it just inserts the correct image? Or is it more like an animation-type thing, where the actual image-file is the same one and that same one just has the different stages in itself to cycle through? 

(I'm not very knowledgeable in coding stuff so I'm not sure if there is an obvious answer or even if I've made sense in my phrasing, sorry.)

Edited by HeatherMarie