Jump to content
Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, TerraAnne said:

Yeah but our forum profiles aren't connected to our dc scrolls. So there's no way to connect a birthday put here to over there.

 

Unless you look at a person here and they have their scroll name somewhere or linked. Then you could connect the dots.

 

I don't think the CAVE ever had a calendar ?

Share this post


Link to post

Thats what I was trying to figure out a litlle earlier.  XD

I thought I remembered a calender or something for a birthdate in the site.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

I am just curious. I noticed dead inverted mints have upside down graves, like this guy:

 

https://dragcave.net/lineage/LD8BL
 

 

 

THAT is so cool !!

 

My question is not as interesting BUT this is really bugging me  ..... since we are only allowed 2 ( TWO ) of the Christmas eggs .. darn it >>. so Scrooge-like

 

why are there so many Christmas CBs in the abandoned ??

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, orphaned said:

 

THAT is so cool !!

 

My question is not as interesting BUT this is really bugging me  ..... since we are only allowed 2 ( TWO ) of the Christmas eggs .. darn it >>. so Scrooge-like

 

why are there so many Christmas CBs in the abandoned ??

 

Probably people who were hunting for cool codes? Catch one and then abandon if you don't like the code.

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Probably people who were hunting for cool codes? Catch one and then abandon if you don't like the code.

 

oh .. I thought that, once acquired, it remained part of the count whether it stayed on my scroll or not.

 

Apparently not ... good to know... thank you.  (y)

Share this post


Link to post

There are also a lot of kind hearted people who catch them and abandon them to help others.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

I am just curious. I noticed dead inverted mints have upside down graves, like this guy:

 

https://dragcave.net/lineage/LD8BL
 

If they zombify, do they stay upside down, seeing as their grave stones do? Or is this unknown. 

Unfortunately they do not. Someone turned a flipped mint and it went back to normal direction as a zombie.

Share this post


Link to post

Hello folks, I have a question about the Holiday Cooking game. The text reads we will earn the most candy by making recipes marked with a red star. The closest I can find to a red star is what looks like red flames in the upper righthand corner of a recipe.  Is this the star? I have other recipes that have a red knife in the upper righthand corner.

 

Also, I feel a bit silly but I don't understand the recipe cards; all I have managed when I try them is to make a mess. Is there another way to use them? Thanks in advance. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Hello folks, I have a question about the Holiday Cooking game. The text reads we will earn the most candy by making recipes marked with a red star. The closest I can find to a red star is what looks like red flames in the upper righthand corner of a recipe.  Is this the star? I have other recipes that have a red knife in the upper righthand corner.

 

Also, I feel a bit silly but I don't understand the recipe cards; all I have managed when I try them is to make a mess. Is there another way to use them? Thanks in advance. :)

 

Flames indicate an oven recipe. You can check the wiki for all the recipes.https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Holiday_Cooking#Collection_of_Recipes

 

If you have a recipe just hit the create button. Otherwise you need to both have the correct ingredients AND the correct type. Oven requires cooking, preparation does not. (In theory) ex: prep. Fruit equals apple slices. Oven, water equals boiling water.

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Hello folks, I have a question about the Holiday Cooking game. The text reads we will earn the most candy by making recipes marked with a red star. The closest I can find to a red star is what looks like red flames in the upper righthand corner of a recipe.  Is this the star? I have other recipes that have a red knife in the upper righthand corner.

 

Also, I feel a bit silly but I don't understand the recipe cards; all I have managed when I try them is to make a mess. Is there another way to use them? Thanks in advance. :)

 

I am not seeing any red stars, but I think the recipes that give you more points are the ones that require more steps. For instance the Lemon Meringue Pie recipe requires Lemon Curd, Meringue, and Plain Dough, each of which must be created beforehand from other ingredients. My mistake!

Edited by purplehaze

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I am not seeing any red stars, but I think the recipes that give you more points are the ones that require more steps. For instance the Lemon Meringue Pie recipe requires Lemon Curd, Meringue, and Plain Dough, each of which must be created beforehand from other ingredients.

Lemon meringue pie is not a red star recipe: it needs to be prepared with one other intermediate ingredient to become a red star item.

Spoiler

Lemon meringue (or other dessert-style) pie + ice cream = pie a la mode, a red star recipe.

 

@missy_

Red stars are final recipes: they are not an ingredient to any other recipe. Intermediate recipes I believe will give you 5-10 candy per completed recipe. A few easy red star recipes are

Spoiler

Meat pie: cook raw meat + plain dough (prepare eggs + flour together first) together, or raw poultry + plain dough

Wine: prepare fruit + yeast together. Also one of the only two recipes that use yeast, the other being bread dough.

Fruit salad: prepare fruit + vegetables together.

 

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I am not seeing any red stars, but I think the recipes that give you more points are the ones that require more steps. For instance the Lemon Meringue Pie recipe requires Lemon Curd, Meringue, and Plain Dough, each of which must be created beforehand from other ingredients.

Lemon meringue pie is surprisingly not a red star. But vegetable soup: vegetables +boiling water (oven) is. I'll get a pic of I can figure out a  screenshot on my phone.

Share this post


Link to post

Just use the link in my signature instead. It leads to the wiki with all the recipes. :) 

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for the correction. I see now that there are red stars. I just managed to make Apple Pie a la Mode. :D

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you all!

 

I am on my phone, so I did not notice olympe’s handy signature link.  From what I gather, we cannot make Red Star recipes with just the ingredients— we need to find the Red Star recipe card first, is that correct? 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, missy_ said:

Thank you all!

 

I am on my phone, so I did not notice olympe’s handy signature link.  From what I gather, we cannot make Red Star recipes with just the ingredients— we need to find the Red Star recipe card first, is that correct? 

No. I made smothered steak using a blank recipe card and got 50 candy as it's a red star combo.

Share this post


Link to post

Oh wow! Good to know. :)  Thank you!

 

ETA:  A follow-up question. Do we use the Blank Oven recipe cards or the Blank Preparation recipe cards to make Red Star recipes? 

Edited by missy_

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Oh wow! Good to know. :)  Thank you!

 

ETA:  A follow-up question. Do we use the Blank Oven recipe cards or the Blank Preparation recipe cards to make Red Star recipes? 

Depends on the recipe. I used oven for the smothered steak.

Share this post


Link to post

The list of red star recipes in the Wiki shows the preparation method needed as well as the ingredients -- there is either a knife or a flame in the last column.

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you! I just successfully made cookies, my first red star recipe! XD :nyan:

Share this post


Link to post

Another TLQ, just to make sure I am not missing anything. So far, I have unlocked the tree decorating and the cooking game.  I opened one additional advent door today for December 26, and got some additional candy (yay!).  Just double checking to make sure there aren’t any more games unlocked yet that I may be missing. 

Share this post


Link to post

Well, if there are, nobody here has found them yet.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, missy_ said:

Another TLQ, just to make sure I am not missing anything. So far, I have unlocked the tree decorating and the cooking game.  I opened one additional advent door today for December 26, and got some additional candy (yay!).  Just double checking to make sure there aren’t any more games unlocked yet that I may be missing. 

 

The wreath is open now.

Share this post


Link to post

ON another issue - if someone declines a trade offer, your egg shouldn't STILL show up there as on offer, should it ? I got a notification that my offer was declined so I went to the egg';s action page to do something else with it and it immediately went to my offer page with the other person's hatchie still up there, and nothing I did made it go elsewhere till I cancelled my offer...

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.