Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Is anyone else having a weird glitch where their Snow Angels refuse to grow up?

Editing to add: I think it's everybody. I'm seeing the hatchies in ERs with abundant views, passing the 4 day mark and hitting 3 days 23 hours, and still not growing up. Is this a breed-specific oddity I've forgotten about, or do they have a bug? (It's just Snow Angels. Everything else on my scroll automatically grew up pretty much the moment they hit the 4 day mark.)

Edited by Ardath Rekha

1 hour ago, Ardath Rekha said:

Is anyone else having a weird glitch where their Snow Angels refuse to grow up?

Editing to add: I think it's everybody. I'm seeing the hatchies in ERs with abundant views, passing the 4 day mark and hitting 3 days 23 hours, and still not growing up. Is this a breed-specific oddity I've forgotten about, or do they have a bug? (It's just Snow Angels. Everything else on my scroll automatically grew up pretty much the moment they hit the 4 day mark.)

I am.  This Snow Angel has plenty of views to grow up and should have grown up immediately like all my other hatchlings, yet it hasn’t. 

https://dragcave.net/lineage/681DS

At the moment it has 6278 overall views,  and 1140 unique views. So it is more than overdue to grow up. 

I have several other hatchlings that were the same age and all went into the same hatcheries at the same time and all were bred at the same time, and all of those have grown up. 

9 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Can we post naming questions here?

if so, I have a Thuwed with the code: udo1h (she’s an adult). Looks kinda like Rudolph, and she’s a Holiday dragon, but there’s already a Rudolph Thuwed. So should I leave her with just her code, or name her “udo1h Thuwed” or what would be a better name for her? I’ve been stuck for a year now on what to name her. Any good ideas?

(if not allowed, I will edit this post.)

@PliskinRudolfa Thuwed ? (she IS a girl, after all !)

Edited by Fuzzbucket

What is the right place to ask for some lineage ideas? I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas for my remaining CB Holidays. :huh:

I think 

is the closest thing to what you're looking for. Although... wasn't there a lineage advice center or something?

23 minutes ago, Sazandora said:

What is the right place to ask for some lineage ideas? I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas for my remaining CB Holidays. :huh:

If you topic search the breed, most of them have a breeding thread; I checked out the starsinger one yesterday. :)

16 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

@PliskinRudolfa Thuwed ? (she IS a girl, after all !)

This actually made laugh out loud XD Strongly considering naming her that!

Where and how can I change my time zone on the forums? The cave has a time but doesn't have a date, so I was hoping to find the current DC date from the forums, except that it seems that the forums are using my timezone instead of the DC one, so I'd like to set it to DC time so that I can know what date it is here.

As far as I know, since the last update, you can't.

Trying to decide on a few last minute pairings and looking for help! Can anyone show me examples of these? :)

Aether, Celestial, Luminox x Starsinger

3 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Trying to decide on a few last minute pairings and looking for help! Can anyone show me examples of these? :)

Aether, Celestial, Luminox x Starsinger

Check the starsinger breeding thread!

On 12/16/2019 at 8:41 AM, DragonLady86 said:

I believe the forums asked for your birthday, but not the site. I also seem to remember you could choose to make that info public and it would show on the calendar.  But that was taken out forever ago. (Not sure when, just remember looking for mine to see if I had or not and no ones was there anymore.) I am also a 2009 user. :)

See I thought there had been a calender too but I wasn't sure if I was getting old dc mixed up with something old howrse did.
I asked about the age entering thing because I was making some wild theory in my head that mom won her prize on her birthday because people with birthdays in the month the raffle goes on would have a slightly higher chance overall to win.

Now I know I'm just jealous lol.

edit: I did not see how many pages ahead the topic went after my question when I replied just now I'm so sorry for posting again.

Edited by TerraAnne

5 minutes ago, TerraAnne said:

See I thought there had been a calender too but I wasn't sure if I was getting old dc mixed up with something old howrse did.
I asked about the age entering thing because I was making some wild theory in my head that mom won her prize on her birthday because people with birthdays in the month the raffle goes on would have a slightly higher chance overall to win.

Now I know I'm just jealous lol.

edit: I did not see how many pages ahead the topic went after my question when I replied just now I'm so sorry for posting again.

The old forum did indeed have a calendar!

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

The old forum did indeed have a calendar!

So does this - there's one at the top of every page. Click the tab.

image.png.4664aeff4f3aa15c55cb80e1c303ae73.png

So there is at least a way to see what day it is. BUT - as the forum uses our local time and we can't switch, I have no idea what happens at midnight...

Yeah but our forum profiles aren't connected to our dc scrolls. So there's no way to connect a birthday put here to over there.

Unless you look at a person here and they have their scroll name somewhere or linked. Then you could connect the dots.

1 hour ago, Chaos Rider said:

What dragons would have a sweet tooth?

Sweetlings! XD

3 hours ago, TerraAnne said:

Yeah but our forum profiles aren't connected to our dc scrolls. So there's no way to connect a birthday put here to over there.

Unless you look at a person here and they have their scroll name somewhere or linked. Then you could connect the dots.

I don't think the CAVE ever had a calendar ?

Thats what I was trying to figure out a litlle earlier.  XD

I thought I remembered a calender or something for a birthdate in the site.

1 hour ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

I am just curious. I noticed dead inverted mints have upside down graves, like this guy:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/LD8BL

THAT is so cool !!

My question is not as interesting BUT this is really bugging me  ..... since we are only allowed 2 ( TWO ) of the Christmas eggs .. darn it >>. so Scrooge-like

why are there so many Christmas CBs in the abandoned ??

1 minute ago, orphaned said:

THAT is so cool !!

My question is not as interesting BUT this is really bugging me  ..... since we are only allowed 2 ( TWO ) of the Christmas eggs .. darn it >>. so Scrooge-like

why are there so many Christmas CBs in the abandoned ??

Probably people who were hunting for cool codes? Catch one and then abandon if you don't like the code.

14 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Probably people who were hunting for cool codes? Catch one and then abandon if you don't like the code.

oh .. I thought that, once acquired, it remained part of the count whether it stayed on my scroll or not.

Apparently not ... good to know... thank you.  (y)