Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

With the caveat that we don't *truly* know until the announcement, in past years it's always been exactly one week of breeding ending at the end of Christmas Day. Which means breeding (and probably the holiday biome) should start the beginning of the 19th.

1 hour ago, TacticianLyra said:

When is the proverbial avalanche of holiday dragons going to start? I feel like it might be tomorrow but I'm not sure.

I was expecting it to start tonight.

According to search in the last two years the breeding season started on dec 18 @ 00:00 but other years it started on dec 19 00:00

So if not tonight it may start tomorrow night. I'm not going to bed tonight anyway XD

2 hours ago, TacticianLyra said:

When is the proverbial avalanche of holiday dragons going to start? I feel like it might be tomorrow but I'm not sure.

Holiday breeding lasts 7 days, so starts at 00:01 on Dec 19th and runs through Dec 25 at 23:59. So, this time tomorrow night it will be in full swing.

@Kegluneq Might as well go to bed. You are a day early. ;)

@purplehaze I got confused because in the last 2 years the topics about the breeding season started a day earlier, and they're clear that the breeding season starts on the 19 ^^

Thank for clarification, yeah I'm going to bed and get rid of a little stomachache I got a few hours ago -_-

I was confused by that too, I thought it would start 6 hours ago because the old threads are all dated the 18th, not the 19th. Imma go to bed now, lol

There might be a correlation between the forum upgrade a few years ago and how the two versions handled posts that were scheduled to pop up at a specific time.

I've been trying to change my avatar to an image I had saved in Imgur, but when I put in the URL all I end up with is a blank space. I'm not sure if I am using the right link. I thought it should be the direct link because that is the one that works for posts in the forum and in signatures. I tried several of the others and got error messages. When I save that same image to my computer and then upload it to the avatar page, it works fine.

Did you refresh after uploading? I see a red candle. Is that what you want?

That's the image I uploaded from my computer. I did refresh and still had a blank white square.

Yep. I got the one I wanted, but couldn't get it to upload from Imgur. That's what I'm trying to figure out. I copied it to my computer and then uploaded from there. But I shouldn't have to do that.

i've always downloaded the avi to my computer and then re-up it to the site for the avi.  it seems to work the best that way for me.....

Has anyone been able to grab a 3rd CB holiday from previous years? My connection is crap, and so is my computer, so I just keep getting the " somebody else grabbed it first" type message. Has anyone been able to grab a 3rd one? Or does it look like it is still limited to 2?

Answered: Just got the " you're at the limit of (2) for this type of dragon" type message, soooooooooooooooooooooooooo still limited to 2, at least it seems.

Edited by StormBirdRising

18 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Are ALL the biomes empty for a reason? :blink:

Just the familiar "no eggs were generated at the beginning of this hour" bug hitting again - i.e. no, no reason, but a known problem that happens occasionally. Hopefully the next hour will be better behaved. :)

Edit: Yep, there we go! Much better. ^_^

Edited by pinkgothic

45 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

Just the familiar "no eggs were generated at the beginning of this hour" bug hitting again - i.e. no, no reason, but a known problem that happens occasionally. Hopefully the next hour will be better behaved. :)

Edit: Yep, there we go! Much better. ^_^

Thanks! :)

When do Fire-gems gender? I'm still trying to get a male hatchling sprite to freeze, and Every time it seems like they grow up before reaching the gendered hatchling state. Right now the one I'm watching is at 4 days 17 hours left.

43 minutes ago, Twimm said:

When do Fire-gems gender? I'm still trying to get a male hatchling sprite to freeze, and Every time it seems like they grow up before reaching the gendered hatchling state. Right now the one I'm watching is at 4 days 17 hours left.

Same as everything else, get it more views to gender early. Normally  I'd say more hatcheries. But you want to be more cautious about that during holidays.

Are all the CB holly dropping from the holiday cave male? I thought those were the only ones you can have male and female, both precogged male before trying again want to make sure I am remembering right and can have a male and female :P

22 hours ago, StormBirdRising said:

Has anyone been able to grab a 3rd CB holiday from previous years? My connection is crap, and so is my computer, so I just keep getting the " somebody else grabbed it first" type message. Has anyone been able to grab a 3rd one? Or does it look like it is still limited to 2?

Answered: Just got the " you're at the limit of (2) for this type of dragon" type message, soooooooooooooooooooooooooo still limited to 2, at least it seems.

you can only have 2 CB it seems, can grab as many bred ones as you like it appears ;)

Edited by Merenwen

21 minutes ago, Merenwen said:

Are all the CB holly dropping from the holiday cave male? I thought those were the only ones you can have male and female, both precogged male before trying again want to make sure I am remembering right and can have a male and female :P

The hollies that are picked up in the holiday biome are male only, sorry. You can influence bred hollies to be either gender though!

11 minutes ago, Aqub said:

The hollies that are picked up in the holiday biome are male only, sorry. You can influence bred hollies to be either gender though!

thank you :) simply means I don't need to trade the guy off or abandon to try again LOL

2 hours ago, Merenwen said:

you can only have 2 CB it seems, can grab as many bred ones as you like it appears ;)

Thx. I can't believe that amazing things in the AP. All so beautiful. Happy Hunting and Merry Christmas.

Like how caveborns are given CB in their name, and 2nd/3rd gens 2G and 3G, what would a market bought dragon get in their name? I'm considering buying a tercorn to add to the mix if they do in fact get a unique little add-on code.

Edited by reshiram
Reducing confusion in wording.

58 minutes ago, reshiram said:

Like how caveborns are given CB in their name, and 2nd/3rd gens 2G and 3G, what would a market bought dragon get in their code? I'm considering buying a tercorn to add to the mix if they do in fact get a unique little add-on.

Uh, CBs/2G/etc don't get anything special like that in their code? And neither do Market eggs. If you are talking about CB/etc designators in a specific dragon's actual *name*, that's put there by the owner of that dragon, it doesn't happen automatically. Not everyone puts that sort of thing in their dragon's names, but if they do it's a choice, not automatic. 

5 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Uh, CBs/2G/etc don't get anything special like that in their code? And neither do Market eggs. If you are talking about CB/etc designators in a specific dragon's actual *name*, that's put there by the owner of that dragon, it doesn't happen automatically. Not everyone puts that sort of thing in their dragon's names, but if they do it's a choice, not automatic. 

I'm entirely aware. I wanted to know if there was a community agreed upon code for market bought eggs. I see that the usage of code can be confusing because codes are also what are given to dragons upon generation and are in the url.