Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Just now, reshiram said:

I'm entirely aware. I wanted to know if there was a community agreed upon code for market bought eggs. I see that the usage of code can be confusing because codes are also what are given to dragons upon generation and are in the url.

Hmm, I'm not sure if there is a general add-on for Market dragons. I haven't seen anything like 'M' at the end or whatever, though I have see Market dragons have 'CB'. I believe a lot of people simply see them as CB, since they don't have a lineage. 

15 hours ago, Twimm said:

When do Fire-gems gender? I'm still trying to get a male hatchling sprite to freeze, and Every time it seems like they grow up before reaching the gendered hatchling state. Right now the one I'm watching is at 4 days 17 hours left.

Fire gems need more views than regular dragons, so they'll gender later. Mine usually hit less than 5 days before doing so while my regulars usually gender at 5 and a half days left. I recommend adding yours to more hatcheries to give it a boost. Hatchies are durable, they won't get sick at under 5 days unless they hit 9k+ views.

Edited by Shadowdrake

i've heard that market eggs can't be traded.  are there any other details like that that are specific to market eggs?  is that the only difference between market and caveborn eggs?

9 minutes ago, trystan said:

i've heard that market eggs can't be traded.  are there any other details like that that are specific to market eggs?  is that the only difference between market and caveborn eggs?

Yep. Otherwise they behave just like a CB egg. Oh, and they have "market" for the location on their view page instead of a biome or "cave".

thanks, purplehaze!

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

they have "market" for the location on their view page instead of a biome or "cave".

that makes a lot of sense! 

i might get some market eggs after xmas :) 

5 hours ago, trystan said:

thanks, purplehaze!

that makes a lot of sense! 

i might get some market eggs after xmas :) 

Just for completion's  sake - 'market' behaves like 'cave' when it comes to biome-related breeding (looking at you Coppers :dry:) read neutral. So market eggs allow for lineages that were impossible before.

Success, in my experience, is way below 25%. Failure is definitely way higher than that, at least twice as likely as a success. And "no effect" is somewhere along the same line, maybe above?

I only tried it once, I think. No success, two or three broken eggs.

Let me give you a counter-offer: I have 6 ER eggs close to hatching (3rd stage of cracking, I think). I'd love to Incubate for you as I have more than enough Reds available. :)

2 hours ago, olympe said:

Success, in my experience, is way below 25%. Failure is definitely way higher than that, at least twice as likely as a success. And "no effect" is somewhere along the same line, maybe above?

I only tried it once, I think. No success, two or three broken eggs.

Let me give you a counter-offer: I have 6 ER eggs close to hatching (3rd stage of cracking, I think). I'd love to Incubate for you as I have more than enough Reds available. :)

Thank you, dear Olympe! You've been more helpful than I could've ever wished for :) 

19 hours ago, Herk said:

Just for completion's  sake - 'market' behaves like 'cave' when it comes to biome-related breeding (looking at you Coppers :dry:) read neutral. So market eggs allow for lineages that were impossible before.

thanks!

yanno, i do remember weird stuff about the Coppers, but it's not coming to me right away.... what was that again?

mischief managed, i looked on the wiki... that's some confusing stuff with those coppers!! :blink:

Edited by trystan
to add stuff

Trying to decide on a few last minute pairings and looking for help! Can anyone show me examples of these? :)

Holly x Lumina, Leodon

Aegis x Celestial

Aether, Celestial, Luminox x Starsinger

7 hours ago, dustpuppy said:

I have examples of these two:

Holly x Leodon: https://dragcave.net/lineage/ZA2pG

Now I know what I'm going to breed my Hollies to next year! :wub: That and Tan Floret x Starsinger. 

so, i summoned my first Sinomorph!

which leads me to ask - can another set of zyus be bred, so that i might summon another one?

also, since this Sino is a female, if i summon another one and it's a male, can they breed with each other, or only other breeds?

sorry, so many questions! :)

2 minutes ago, trystan said:

so, i summoned my first Sinomorph!

which leads me to ask - can another set of zyus be bred, so that i might summon another one?

also, since this Sino is a female, if i summon another one and it's a male, can they breed with each other, or only other breeds?

sorry, so many questions! :)

Yes, another set of six will summon another sinomorph.

Gender is ... unpredictable. ( I had five males before getting a female.)

Yes, two sinos can breed together, resulting in a random colour zyu.

Just now, Lagie said:

Yes, another set of six will summon another sinomorph.

yep!  time to get another set of six... heh. after xmas, though. XD

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Gender is ... unpredictable. ( I had five males before getting a female.)

i saw somewhere...maybe the wiki?  that it might somehow kinda maybe could be based on the ratio of m:f of the 6 in the set.  but it's not a scientific thing.  so..... random. XD

3 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Yes, two sinos can breed together, resulting in a random colour zyu.

oooh, that's good to know too!

thanks Lagie!!

3 hours ago, trystan said:

yep!  time to get another set of six... heh. after xmas, though. XD

i saw somewhere...maybe the wiki?  that it might somehow kinda maybe could be based on the ratio of m:f of the 6 in the set.  but it's not a scientific thing.  so..... random. XD

oooh, that's good to know too!

thanks Lagie!!

Its supposed to be based on the gender of zues used, but 1. You cant pick which ones and 2. I'm one of multiple examples that had all but one zue one gender but got a sino of the solitary one. ( in my case 5/6 were female but I got a male.)

thanks @DragonLady86! yep, that sounds like random to me.  i had only 6 zyus when i summoned - 3 male, 3 female.  i got a female.  with my next batch of 6, i'm going to influence them so i have 3 & 3 again, and we'll see what happens. XD 

also, i LOVE your avi =^..^=

I bred several eggs and it asked me which one I wanted to keep. I chose an egg; at least I thought I did, but now when I try to add it to hatcheries or view it in my list of eggs, it does not appear. I am worried it will autoabandon at the end of the hour, but I thought I kept it. Is there anything I can do? 

ETA: Oh my gosh. I solved it. I thought I had kept it, but apparently I hadn't ... I somehow muddled about and found the page and clicked Keep and entered my password. I almost lost that entire holiday clutch! Must pay more attention next time. 

ETA: For future reference, and because I forgot how I managed to access the "Keep" command the second time, does anyone know how to find the "Keep" command if one doesn't use "Keep" immediately after breeding? I know we only have an hour, so not a lot of time to choose "Keep." But I have already forgotten how I got there. :blush:

Edited by missy_

@missy_, I think the “keep” option shows up on the egg’s action page. I think, I haven’t bred mine in last couple weeks.

1 hour ago, missy_ said:

ETA: For future reference, and because I forgot how I managed to access the "Keep" command the second time, does anyone know how to find the "Keep" command if one doesn't use "Keep" immediately after breeding? I know we only have an hour, so not a lot of time to choose "Keep." But I have already forgotten how I got there. 

I did the same thing today. XD The "keep" shows up on the egg's action page. If you don't see the egg on your scroll you can access it through the parent's page. Mine did show up on my scroll, though. Or I guess you meant it didn't show up on the list of eggs to add to the hatcheries, which makes sense because you haven't officially claimed it, yet.

will the glitched top of the hour having no eggs last the full hour? I keep coming back every 5 min to see if eggs appeared but still empty :P

21 minutes ago, Merenwen said:

will the glitched top of the hour having no eggs last the full hour? I keep coming back every 5 min to see if eggs appeared but still empty :P

Yes. New eggs are created hourly. So when it does happen you have to wait for the next one.

@trystan

If you want a male, influence ALL six male. 

Edited by DragonLady86

14 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

If you want a male, influence ALL six male.

ooh, that makes a lot of sense... thanks!! :D 

Can we post naming questions here?

if so, I have a Thuwed with the code: udo1h (she’s an adult). Looks kinda like Rudolph, and she’s a Holiday dragon, but there’s already a Rudolph Thuwed. So should I leave her with just her code, or name her “udo1h Thuwed” or what would be a better name for her? I’ve been stuck for a year now on what to name her. Any good ideas?

(if not allowed, I will edit this post.)