Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Thank you, @Fuzzbucket, @olympe, and @rinoa26!

Your explanations all made sense now. I think this is the first time I’ve ever seen a Vampire without “bitten by” aside from your examples. 😆

Edit: I just checked the Vampire in question again and the time it was “laid, hatched, and grew up” are in 2011. From everyone’s explanations, anything after April 2010 would have the “bitten by”, correct?

Edited by Solaries

@Solaries It definitely should have, yes. So it's a bug - probably either related to the sire being killed, released, zombiefied or the scroll being burnt. At least those would be my suspects. :) 

On 12/7/2019 at 12:14 PM, Ruffledfeathers said:

What happens if you EQ a sunrise/sunset egg outside the hatching window? Does it always just die/do nothing or can it actually hatch. 

I once EQ'd three at once outside their window and they all died. They're guaranteed to not hatch, but I think odds of killing them are greater than leaving them unharmed.

People DO use that thread - but PM a mod if you're worried.

So, thanks to conversation on the forums I just realized there's a join date stat on our scrolls. XD My join date says "May 06, 2013" but my first dragon says "May 03, 2013." Apparently I was doing some time traveling back then? Anyone else's join date after their first dragon or...?

You may not have joined the forum at the same time you joined the site. The two dates are separate. They may match, but not necessarily.

My scroll is one of the old ones that doesn't have an exact date, just says Joined in: 2008 , although my oldest dragon was stolen on Oct. 5th, 2008. My forum date is Oct. 11, 2008. I distinctly remember that I joined the forum to ask some questions after I had a dragon or two growing on my scroll.

16 minutes ago, Aqub said:

My join date says "May 06, 2013" but my first dragon says "May 03, 2013." Apparently I was doing some time traveling back then?

Either that, or you got the egg from the AP.  ;)

19 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

You may not have joined the forum at the same time you joined the site. The two dates are separate. They may match, but not necessarily.

My scroll is one of the old ones that doesn't have an exact date, just says Joined in: 2008

this is the same for me as well.  my first dragon was CB, on December 9, 2008. i joined the forum 2 days later, probably for the same reason: to ask questions about DC :)

Oh, since I joined way after 2008 my scroll actually says an exact date, I wasn't using the forum date... I didn't join the forums until a year later, and unfortunately I can't remember what amazing thing convinced me to join the forum haha

I probably did get that egg from the AP, that would make sense why it's from before I joined.... :rolleyes:

i was on another site that i joined in 2009 (the site has since gone down) - i joined the site in February of that year, but wasn't until later that year (the summer, july, maybe?) that i finally joined the forum.

@Aqub - that's cool your scroll has an actual date.  mine's actually December 9, 2008 because that's what my first dragon's date is. :D

Where does it tell you when you joined the cave, rather than the forum ?

5 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Where does it tell you when you joined the cave, rather than the forum ?

Top right of your scroll, above how many dragons you own. 

@TJ09, or any mod, why has the forum today decided that, when I click on one of my notifications, I have read all of them? Usually when I go back, the ones I have not read are still in bold.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

@TJ09, or any mod, why has the forum today decided that, when I click on one of my notifications, I have read all of them? Usually when I go back, the ones I have not read are still in bold.

I noticed that, too. Very annoying.

11 hours ago, Aqub said:

Top right of your scroll, above how many dragons you own. 

Oops. How embarrassing. Thanks :)

Little tiny question. Mom said that when she joined she had to input her date of birth. I joined back in 2009 and I don't remember anything of how I joined. However, when people join nowadays can you put in your date of birth while registering?

Or is she totally making this up and or forgetting what she did when she registered lol.

My mom is borntobfree btw.

I think I had to tick a checkbox that you're 13 years or older, but I don't think I needed to enter my birthday (I registered back in 2009).

The forum profile asked for a birthday, but that was/is optional.

I seem to remember the same thing for my own registration - and for that of my daughter. Although, back then, under-13-year-olds could play with parental approval.

Also, let me see what happens if I try to register (without going through with it)...

image.png.d00b2b7ec797b3bdaad2ce50e4eb5dec.png

So, you still have to "agree" that you're 13 or older. But there's no place for you to enter your date of birth.

ETA: Just in case someone considers reporting me for "multi-scrolling" - olympe is my actual scroll name which exists since 2009. No extra scroll has been created.

Edited by olympe

11 hours ago, olympe said:

I seem to remember the same thing for my own registration - and for that of my daughter. Although, back then, under-13-year-olds could play with parental approval.

Also, let me see what happens if I try to register (without going through with it)...

image.png.d00b2b7ec797b3bdaad2ce50e4eb5dec.png

So, you still have to "agree" that you're 13 or older. But there's no place for you to enter your date of birth.

ETA: Just in case someone considers reporting me for "multi-scrolling" - olympe is my actual scroll name which exists since 2009. No extra scroll has been created.

Even now as far as I know they can play with parental approval - it said that when I got permission for my grandson to play and he's now at university with his own car! but not the forums, as there is plenty of coppa unacceptable stuff here.

I believe the forums asked for your birthday, but not the site. I also seem to remember you could choose to make that info public and it would show on the calendar.  But that was taken out forever ago. (Not sure when, just remember looking for mine to see if I had or not and no ones was there anymore.) I am also a 2009 user. :)

Should I use fertility on both dragons I'm intending to breed? Or just one is enough? Does it influence which egg I will get as a result if they are of different species?

2 minutes ago, painless_j said:

Should I use fertility on both dragons I'm intending to breed? Or just one is enough? Does it influence which egg I will get as a result if they are of different species?

Just 1 - you'd waste a Purple if you used it on both. The effect is being applied once per breeding, not per dragon.

Sadly, there is no way yet to influence the resulting egg's breed using a BSA. Only some in-advance massbreeding may have a bit of an influence for that.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Just now, Ruby Eyes said:

Just 1 - you'd waste a Purple if you used it on both. The effect is being applied once per breeding, not per dragon.

Ok I see. Thank you!