Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Hi folks!

I have a question about the upcoming DC Birthday event. 

I have missed the past few events, and would be appreciative if anyone can describe the drops during the DC Birthday events; i.e., frequency and length of drop.

Do the new eggs drop solidly for the first 24 hours without new eggs mixing in? Do they drop very frequently after the 24 hours? I am asking because I am considering taking on a longer timed egg; but I am worried that it will interfere with the Birthday event.  If the eggs drop for at least 24 hours fairly solidly, I should be okay, but if they start rapidly mixing, I would like to know that, if possible. I realize this year's event could be different from previous years. I haven't been to a birthday bash in a few years so any help/advice on drops would be appreciated. 

Thank you. :)

Edited by missy_

2 hours ago, missy_ said:

Hi folks!

I have a question about the upcoming DC Birthday event. 

I have missed the past few events, and would be appreciative if anyone can describe the drops during the DC Birthday events; i.e., frequency and length of drop.

Do the new eggs drop solidly for the first 24 hours without new eggs mixing in? Do they drop very frequently after the 24 hours? I am asking because I am considering taking on a longer timed egg; but I am worried that it will interfere with the Birthday event.  If the eggs drop for at least 24 hours fairly solidly, I should be okay, but if they start rapidly mixing, I would like to know that, if possible. I realize this year's event could be different from previous years. I haven't been to a birthday bash in a few years so any help/advice on drops would be appreciated. 

Thank you. :)

We know nothing for sure until the event, but based on past birthdays: No, they don't drop solidly for anywhere near 24 hours. New releases on birthdays drop no differently then the monthly new releases, which for the past year or two seem to have old eggs mixing in between 6 and 10 hours after the start. Whether they are still easy to get after the 'flood' depends a lot on their rarity (as well as their perceived rarity, if for some reason users believe they may be rare and want to grab all they can right away).

Thanks, HeatherMarie! I was hoping they weren't going to be like the more recent new releases and maybe went a bit longer but it sounds like based on recent birthday events that they mix in rather quickly.  Although I know things can change at any time, thanks for letting me know how it has been recently. :)

Unrelated question for anyone: 

Recently I have noticed some "view" links (not lineage links) around the site, such as on this thread:

Have the rules changed for view links? Because my understanding was that they weren't really allowed to be posted anywhere and that everything should be a lineage link. Thanks.

1 hour ago, I Want Cheese Dragon said:

Speaking of which, I'm just curious about why view links are not allowed on the forum?

Hi I Want Cheese Dragon,

It is because a view link is a direct view of the growing egg/hatchling and gives the egg views and clicks, which help it grow up. It can be considered a form of "egg spam;" i.e., requesting a view of an egg/hatchling, which is not allowed on the forum.  View links for eggs/hatchlings cannot be added to one's sig on the forum for views and to the best of my knowledge not to forum posts, either, for the same reason. 

On the other hand, the lineage link allows you to look at the egg without viewing it (clicking on a lineage link will not accumulate clicks or unique views for an egg/hatchling, whereas clicking on a view link will.). Hope that made sense. :) 

Edited by missy_

View links on growing things are not allowed. Anything adult or frozen is okay to post with a view link, as a moderator checked back with TJ back when the forum upgrade broke the automatic censor.

In most cases though, a lineage link is preferable, e.g. for the Encyclopedia Helpers thread, due to the way observations work.

Thank you, Ruby Eyes, for clarifying. :) 

I’ll probably stick to lineage links everywhere, out of habit and to keep from confusing newbies (plus I don’t want to add work for the mods who may check links). I notice the forum guidelines no longer mention view or lineage links. I wasn’t around for the forum upgrade and maybe some of the information was rewritten or removed. 

8 hours ago, missy_ said:

Hi I Want Cheese Dragon,

It is because a view link is a direct view of the growing egg/hatchling and gives the egg views and clicks, which help it grow up. It can be considered a form of "egg spam;" i.e., requesting a view of an egg/hatchling, which is not allowed on the forum.  View links for eggs/hatchlings cannot be added to one's sig on the forum for views and to the best of my knowledge not to forum posts, either, for the same reason. 

On the other hand, the lineage link allows you to look at the egg without viewing it (clicking on a lineage link will not accumulate clicks or unique views for an egg/hatchling, whereas clicking on a view link will.). Hope that made sense. :) 

Thank you for the explanation! I understand now :D

14 hours ago, missy_ said:

Recently I have noticed some "view" links (not lineage links) around the site, such as on this thread:

Have the rules changed for view links? Because my understanding was that they weren't really allowed to be posted anywhere and that everything should be a lineage link. Thanks.

Just took another look at that thread and found egg spam from a Level 7 member who posted two growing hatchlings with View links instead of lineage links. Might I suggest that our forum guidelines be rewritten to be clear about this matter as they once were? No need to propagate bad information on the site.

Since when did the artists get credit at the bottom of encyclopedia? Have I been blind this whole time?

Would a request for an alt/variant of an existing dragon species go in Dragon Requests or Suggestions?

59 minutes ago, InfiniteGalaxiezz05 said:

Would a request for an alt/variant of an existing dragon species go in Dragon Requests or Suggestions?

It would go in Dragon Requests. You should contact the spriter(s) of the existing dragon for permission.

Who do we point out typos to? ☺️

Your instead of you.

0B6D3348-503C-45B4-81E0-8853BD29DEE1.png

Edited by Snailbait

I recently found out about the "hidden" thuweds request page in the game, but requests seem to be closed.

Do you know if those can open up again in the future or are they closed for good?

Edited by Radugalati

IIRC TJ said he wouldn't be opening them again after the confusion over a few days, ages ago, when people were getting on the list and then falling off again....

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

IIRC TJ said he wouldn't be opening them again after the confusion over a few days, ages ago, when people were getting on the list and then falling off again....

Except, there are new thuwed eggs right now, and the thuwed page does not say the lists are closed, but still says you can request an egg on that page.

But, I don't see any way to make a request. This is the first time I have EVER seen it not say the breeding lists are closed and I *ran* to my computer to make sure I wasn't missing something on my phone. But I can't see any way to request one.

He was at one point dropping them in the Thuwed thread, and on the IRC. I have no idea - but he did say that he'd given up on the thuwed page. And as you say, there is no way there to request one.

Nothings been posted in the thread that I can see and the irc seems like a ghost town...

Well - then I have no idea. Post in the thread and ask ?

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

He was at one point dropping them in the Thuwed thread, and on the IRC. I have no idea - but he did say that he'd given up on the thuwed page. And as you say, there is no way there to request one.

A look at the AP can also be worthwhile sometimes. ;)

11 minutes ago, dustpuppy said:

A look at the AP can also be worthwhile sometimes. ;)

How do you know its a thuwed in there? Luck?

Just now, Rythen said:

How do you know its a thuwed in there? Luck?

Yes, pretty much. Just pick up eggs that are at the right age (TJ's eggs are at 2d14h right now) and check their lineage. Good luck!

1 hour ago, dustpuppy said:

Yes, pretty much. Just pick up eggs that are at the right age (TJ's eggs are at 2d14h right now) and check their lineage. Good luck!

If you don't mind one last question, how often do they get dropped?