Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Just now, HeatherMarie said:

Splash is basically a 'joke' action, based on (I believe) a Pokemon thing. It doesn't really do anything, except give you a cute little 'Magicarp' badge if you use Splash a certain number of times (not totally sure what that number is). The text that you see when you use Splash is also a Pokemon reference thing, I believe.

Oooh. Okay, that's funny. Thank you.

Keep going at it.

Spoiler.

No need to post said spoilers directly here.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Is anybody else having issues opening notifications/messages/anything that produces a smaller popup on Firefox? After the addon issues I've had to use middle click to open them in a new tab.

I'm almost CERTAIN it's an addon I have doing it but none of my adblockers should be causing that.

Edit: Figured it out, it was my google translate addon... for some reason...

Edited by Keileon

Are images on the thuwed page broken for anyone else? I use an old skin (1960's) so maybe it doesn't work there anymore?

5 minutes ago, Tawanda001 said:

Are images on the thuwed page broken for anyone else? I use an old skin (1960's) so maybe it doesn't work there anymore?

Nope, I can see them fine, both on the default and on 1960.

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

Nope, I can see them fine, both on the default and on 1960.

Hmmm, I've been broken since yesterday when we had that odd error. Everything else fixed but that page. Guess I'll run through all the standard fixes then. THX!

do my dragon descriptions have to be SPECIFICLLY about the dragon breed?

i want to give my angry holiday 2015 dragon a description that is a refrence to a video game beacuse he looks a lot like deviljho from monster hunter world but the decription guidelines say i have to describe the dragon

does that mean i have to stay within site lore?

It depends on how subtle you are about it. I've given multiple dragons descriptions that are references to various fandoms, but they're written in a way that's fine for lore.

Do  you mean the one known as Mr Flappy ? (who sits at the top of slow loading filter pages ;) )latest?cb=20150215101503

Doesn't seem to be a specific breed, but with that silhouette, I think it could be a Pink.

Pinks don't have enough wing fingers, unfortunately. (I say 'unfortunately' because I love pinks. XD) Anagallis dragons might work, although their forelimbs are a bit long, and the horns on their head turn slightly upward rather than downward, and they're missing the subtle spade tailtip (which the pinks would definitely better match).

...maybe it's a hitherto unknown anagallis/pink hybrid. ;)

From all I can tell, I agree it's probably not any existing breed.

5 hours ago, KaitoDragon6248 said:

do my dragon descriptions have to be SPECIFICLLY about the dragon breed?

i want to give my angry holiday 2015 dragon a description that is a refrence to a video game beacuse he looks a lot like deviljho from monster hunter world but the decription guidelines say i have to describe the dragon

does that mean i have to stay within site lore?

It's direct references that are a problem. "This dragon looks like Spyro from the video game" won't work.

Perhaps you can try this thread for assistance -

Does anyone know why some of my undeads arent labelled as ‘undead’.

Example of one correctly labelled:

https://dragcave.net/view/0qtY

Both which arent labelled:

https://dragcave.net/view/eQTdn

https://dragcave.net/view/gFbDR

They arent my most recent (western hatchi killed in march is). Is this the same for other people, where only western zombies are correctly labelled as undead?

11 minutes ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

Does anyone know why some of my undeads arent labelled as ‘undead’.

Example of one correctly labelled:

https://dragcave.net/view/0qtY

Both which arent labelled:

https://dragcave.net/view/eQTdn

https://dragcave.net/view/gFbDR

They arent my most recent (western hatchi killed in march is). Is this the same for other people, where only western zombies are correctly labelled as undead?

You probably don't have the associated sprite unlocked in the encyclopaedia yet. All three show up as "Undead Dragon" for me, for what it's worth. :)

43 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

You probably don't have the associated sprite unlocked in the encyclopaedia yet. All three show up as "Undead Dragon" for me, for what it's worth. :)

Ahh I see, thank you :)

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Do  you mean the one known as Mr Flappy ? (who sits at the top of slow loading filter pages ;) )latest?cb=20150215101503

Yup, that's the one. Thank you all for your ideas.

Celestial, maybe ? or Boreal ? Though we had it long before either of those showed up...

Can the "Hatchie didn't gender right" thread be used for color swaps of, say, Nebulas? I can't find a thread for just color swaps. 

Also, is there a thread where you can ask for a particular egg from a certain pairing (common pairing of course)? I know trades can be used this way, obviously, but some pairings just aren't bred enough unless asked about to trade for. 

Red Nebula from Script father is what I am having issues with. I bred a few and all were blue nebs or Scripts. I know how to tell the Nebula color before they actually color, and all do indeed end up blue. This is irritating, and I'd love a place to ask for help breeding a few of these eggs. 

How do you know how to tell before they colour ?

The Even gen thread allows asking for specific breedings.

And yes, there is a trade thread for colour variant stiuf like that:

26 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

How do you know how to tell before they colour ?

Organizing dragons by color. The reds will sort in red, blues in blue, etc. Someone told me how, and so far it has never been wrong. Maybe I'm just lucky with it, but three Nebs that the color organizer said would be red ARE red. The one that said blue...she's blue. Luck, or it really works. I dunno. I just decided to try it. XD

Thanks for the links. I knew the even gen existed, but I hadn't seen the breed variant trade in a while, so I assumed it had been merged with something or deleted.

Good lord. I'm amazed TJ hasn't made sure that doesn't work :D Thanks - when I get back to my nebbie lines I will try that !

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Good lord. I'm amazed TJ hasn't made sure that doesn't work :D Thanks - when I get back to my nebbie lines I will try that !

It is a nice loophole. It's annoying having to raise a miscolored Nebula. I'm glad I found out how to tell what color they would be. I have 2 reds and a blue currently on my scroll (hatchies) and I put them all in my "Nebula" group and organized the group dragons by color. The blue baby was with the blue Neb adults, and the red babies were at the bottom of the list entirely with the red ones. 

I'm sure it'll get fixed, since I don't think we're supposed to know in advance. 

Does anyone know if the color thing works for Gemshards too? Or just Nebulas?

1 hour ago, Suzumiya said:

Does anyone know if the color thing works for Gemshards too? Or just Nebulas?

It only works for hatchies, not eggs, and by the time a Gemshard hatches, you already know XD

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

It only works for hatchies, not eggs, and by the time a Gemshard hatches, you already know XD

Coloring sorting doesn't work on Nebula eggs? If this is true, thank God! I still have a chance to get a red baby out of my two bred Nebs from Script parents! I just know it works for sure for hatchlings (or at least the game is trolling me by making it seem to work).