Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

33 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

Awesome! Thank you, thank you @Mewtie! :)

I THOUGHT it looked like it might be, but with vines it is hard to tell!

I have the same difficulty with Alt vines. I just struggle with the subtle shift color.

Then, someone in this thread actually suggested sorting by breed or color actually tells you as well. So try that if you are confused by an alt.

4 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

I have the same difficulty with Alt vines. I just struggle with the subtle shift color.

Then, someone in this thread actually suggested sorting by breed or color actually tells you as well. So try that if you are confused by an alt.

Thanks for the tip! :3

How does Pyralspite breeding work between Pyralspite parents? Like, can a pair of Almandines produce a Spessartine?

Same question with Two-headed Lindwyrms

5 hours ago, Puredark006 said:

How does Pyralspite breeding work between Pyralspite parents? Like, can a pair of Almandines produce a Spessartine?

I checked my Pyralspites and Two-headed Lindwyrms and it looks like they only produce their own colour.

6 hours ago, Puredark006 said:

10 minutes ago, dustpuppy said:

I checked my Pyralspites and Two-headed Lindwyrms and it looks like they only produce their own colour.

Pyralspites of any type may only result from a same-colour parent. An Almandine with a Pyrope may result in an Almandine or Pyrope, but not a Spessartine.

Lindwyrms, on the other hand, do seem to rarely breed the other colour: https://dragcave.net/lineage/n/it's not easy being purple

(That one's name I remember XD)

cannot abandon a hatchling ... what has changed ?

tried 5 times ...  hate to have to kill  it to get rid  of it

2 minutes ago, orphaned said:

If it is turning around and following you home, I believe you should be able to try again in 24 hours. (Or you can teleport it to me and I'll try! XD )

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

If it is turning around and following you home, I believe you should be able to try again in 24 hours. (Or you can teleport it to me and I'll try! XD )

phew  

yes  yes  yes

thanks ... sigh

2 hours ago, orphaned said:

I believe hatchlings following you has always been part of the game. I understand that if a hatchling follows you home, the result will stay the same until midnight cave time when you can try again.

1 minute ago, raindear said:

I believe hatchlings following you has always been part of the game. I understand that if a hatchling follows you home, the result will stay the same until midnight cave time when you can try again.

in all the years I have been playing  this has NEVER happened in this way ....

4 minutes ago, raindear said:

The funny thing is, switching scrolls didn't help! XD It followed me home, too.

Just now, orphaned said:

OMG !  what you have is so cool .. take a cutscreen in case it disappears ..

It's not mine though, just found it on a hatchery when I put my eggs in. Think I saw something like this before, but have no clue what this is at all. o.0

Just now, Reykur said:

It's not mine though, just found it on a hatchery when I put my eggs in. Think I saw something like this before, but have no clue what this is at all. o.0

It's one of TJ's joke eggs. They cycle through periodically to keep us all on our toes! XD

21 minutes ago, Lagie said:

It's one of TJ's joke eggs. They cycle through periodically to keep us all on our toes! XD

thanks for letting me know :)

Hope I'll see more of them in the future if there's different ones. ^^

Just now, Reykur said:

thanks for letting me know :)

Hope I'll see more of them in the future if there's different ones. ^^

There are two! :D

And you're welcome! :)

I personally do not think that saying “offer” or any variant thereof without mentioning something even in a direction of what you might want is any different from leaving the text box empty, functionally. It doesn’t help anyone understand what you’re looking for.

So would it be acceptable to report such trades?

16 minutes ago, Montre said:

I personally do not think that saying “offer” or any variant thereof without mentioning something even in a direction of what you might want is any different from leaving the text box empty, functionally. It doesn’t help anyone understand what you’re looking for.

I more often than not, just put "offer" in my post. I do this because I really have no idea what I want. If you want the egg or hatchling being offered, you should make an offer and see what happens.

47 minutes ago, Montre said:

Not OK to report such trades, no. There's no law against just seeing what you can get. In trades on forum I quite often put "surprise me".

"Report" is for people putting song lyrics or foul language in there, or lying about what they have.

@Fuzzbucket

If that is true, then the disclaimer that trades that don’t help others understand what types of offers the trade creator is looking for should only be reported may be misinterpreted, or be considered inaccurate. 

2 minutes ago, Montre said:

@Fuzzbucket

If that is true, then the disclaimer that trades that don’t help others understand what types of offers the trade creator is looking for should only be reported may be misinterpreted, or be considered inaccurate. 

"offers" says exactly what im looking for.  I often take the first I get. because it's something I don't want but is desirable enough to not just chuck into the ap.  Never shopped at a flea market eh? make me an offer, what is this worth to you? because it's not worth much to me, but I know others will want it.  it's no different than people coming from the other side and randomly putting an offer up that isn't what you asked for "just in case" you'll take that instead.  If it bothers you, ignore those trades.

7 minutes ago, Montre said:

@Fuzzbucket

It is perfectly accurate. If I put "offers", it means I want ideas; I want to see what someone will offer and decide if I want it. If you don't want to offer at random, you don't have to. If you want the things up for trade, offer whatever you can find and see if it's accepted.  I have started new lineages as a result of things I was offered that I would never have thought of, never mind thought to ask for.

2 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

"offers" says exactly what im looking for.  I often take the first I get. because it's something I don't want but is desirable enough to not just chuck into the ap.  Never shopped at a flea market eh? make me an offer, what is this worth to you? because it's not worth much to me, but I know others will want it.  it's no different than people coming from the other side and randomly putting an offer up that isn't what you asked for "just in case" you'll take that instead.  If it bothers you, ignore those trades.

This, exactly. 

The warning for that Want box is meant for stuff like song lyrics, 'shout-outs' to specific users, etc (all of which were an issue when it was first introduced). Not wants that you personally don't feel are helpful or informative. 'Offers' is no different functionally then 'dummy egg' or 'what you think it's worth' and such, all of which are perfectly acceptable.