Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

On 5/14/2019 at 12:57 PM, HeatherMarie said:

I believe it's simply an issue with the asterisk by your name not showing up, I just looked at your profile and it says last log-in was Feb 2018 so it seems you are in fact logged in anonymously.

Thanks for this info and the link to that other topic. I guess the main thing confusing me is that I'm showing up in the "Who's online" section too, but it's possible that lists you when "invisible" too and I just don't remember. Either way, it would be nice to have this fixed.

13 minutes ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

I'm showing up in the "Who's online" section too

Only for yourself. To check your invisibility to anyone else, open the forum in a new private window and check the list there.

4 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Only for yourself. To check your invisibility to anyone else, open the forum in a new private window and check the list there.

Hmm, I really should have figured that one out on my own, Simple Logic 101. Thanks. Shows I am invisible.

So, I've had white zyu grow up, thinking all this time they're lindwyrm dragons, but apparently they're not? Or just dont count?

Anyhow, it seems highly possible now that zyu's have "issues" so my question is, has anybody zombified a zyu? As I've been trying to zmbify white zyus for the past 6 months (and to neglect quite a few) and now I'm thinking I've wasted a lot of time on a "problematic" breed that cant even turn XD

2 minutes ago, The Evil Doer said:

So, I've had white zyu grow up, thinking all this time they're lindwyrm dragons, but apparently they're not? Or just dont count?

Anyhow, it seems highly possible now that zyu's have "issues" so my question is, has anybody zombified a zyu? As I've been trying to zmbify white zyus for the past 6 months (and to neglect quite a few) and now I'm thinking I've wasted a lot of time on a "problematic" breed that cant even turn XD

I thought the Yellow Zyu would count , but it didn't either!!

they are not differentiated in the Encyclopedia so  I suppose the system does not separate them by form , only by color

as to the rest  I have no idea------

2 minutes ago, dragonpuck said:

I thought the Yellow Zyu would count , but it didn't either!!

they are not differentiated in the Encyclopedia so  I suppose the system does not separate them by form , only by color

as to the rest  I have no idea------

Ugh still seperating dragons by color in 2019, awful 😜

35 minutes ago, The Evil Doer said:

Someone has zombified zyus and they've turned out western (or default I guess) because in the encyclopedia they're not registered as anything else. If it says lindwyrm in the encyclopedia they are lindwyrms, otherwise they aren't set in the system.

Also white zyus are actually amphitheres (no legs) and yellows are the lindwyrms, but they'll still only be considered westerns for anything the site asks. You're better off trying with scripts or red-finned tidals for lindwyrms.

5 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Someone has zombified zyus and they've turned out western (or default I guess) because in the encyclopedia they're not registered as anything else. If it says lindwyrm in the encyclopedia they are lindwyrms, otherwise they aren't set in the system.

Also white zyus are actually amphitheres (no legs) and yellows are the lindwyrms, but they'll still only be considered westerns for anything the site asks. You're better off trying with scripts or red-finned tidals for lindwyrms.

Thank you!!! Will do that :)

Hi! Does anyone know why it's not possible to get Zyumorphs in the market?

The eggs are so hard to catch in the biomes.

Edited by Lilithiana

Because the variety of Zyumorph you get is determined solely by the biome you catch them in - and, unlike Xenowyrms, Zyus are considered just one breed. (Xenos have distinctive names for all varieties, Zyus do not.)

4 minutes ago, olympe said:

Because the variety of Zyumorph you get is determined solely by the biome you catch them in - and, unlike Xenowyrms, Zyus are considered just one breed. (Xenos have distinctive names for all varieties, Zyus do not.)

That is true but the same is true for Coppers, which are in the market. So, while that is the excuse I have seen for the Zyus, it seems a bit inconsistent.

I think the answer is mostly "TJ didn't have the time yet."

(Same with Sunrise eggs)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

19 hours ago, The Evil Doer said:

Ugh still seperating dragons by color in 2019, awful 😜

If you are curious, view this at night ;) (I was disappointed, too, but also amused!)

https://dragcave.net/view/ZICe9

Hi folks, do Seawyrm Pygmies count for the raffle? I believe they do as it shows them as Lindwyrms. Thanks in advance :)

6 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Hi folks, do Seawyrm Pygmies count for the raffle? I believe they do as it shows them as Lindwyrms. Thanks in advance :)

Yes, they do! :) 

Okay I thought so, then I second guessed myself. Thanks!

Yooooooo so it's been a LONG time since I played Dragon Cave, are CB Almandines (Alphine) and CB Spessartines (Coast) still crazy high in trade value? Are they still rare as heck? Would it be worth trying to trade these for something? I just got 3 Almandines in a row...

Edited by Stellaluna22

4 hours ago, Stellaluna22 said:

Yooooooo so it's been a LONG time since I played Dragon Cave, are CB Almandines (Alphine) and CB Spessartines (Coast) still crazy high in trade value? Are they still rare as heck? Would it be worth trying to trade these for something? I just got 3 Almandines in a row...

Alas, they are not (as you can more or less surmise from having gotten three in quick succession! XD). But they're still pretty, and some people do collect them.

16 hours ago, Stellaluna22 said:

Another resource I have found helpful is to go to the Trading Forum and look under the Rare Trading thread. They will list what is currently considered rare. Please note that (in my view) this list is not 100 percent accurate; there are some breeds that are hard to catch or with high trade value yet they aren’t on the rares list. Still, it gives you a starting point. :)

You can also go to the Dragon Cave wiki, which lists common, uncommon, rare, etc. Again this also has to be sometimes mentally revised by players for trading, as people may trade more or less for an actual egg.

The two links below are to the Rare Trading Bazaar and also a place to ask about a specific trade.

For me personally, the Coast Pyralspites are more valuable as I have the fewest of them. The Alpine ones seem easier to catch but I do love their pink color; it is gorgeous in certain lineages. I believe they would still be considered valuable in some trades depending on the person/trade. Using precog on trading eggs may help in your trades with newer players who don’t yet have those breeds but may not have Pinks to influence. Adding them to a 4-CB-hatchie trade (if they are hatchlings) could be a good move, especially if you influenced the hatchies as a M/F pair if they came from the same biome. 

Well, what I find pretty helpful for most breeds is the on-site market. Since you haven't played in a while I feel like asking - have you found it yet? If so, compare prices, that usually gives you a good idea of what a CB is worth - although some unbreedables and trios cost way more than you'd think, considering the demand for them.

I usually ask for a Waterhorse hatchling for an Almandine or Spessartine. Often, I get an offer in minutes; sometimes it takes a day or two.

Trading may be a bit tough now, as a lot of people are keeping their scrolls empty because the DC anniversary is in a couple of days.

3 hours ago, PrincessLucy said:

Trading may be a bit tough now, as a lot of people are keeping their scrolls empty because the DC anniversary is in a couple of days.

Oh, thanks so much for this post! I totally forgot about that event and thanks to you I know now to save space for it. XD

may have been asked before, but this is the 2nd time i've seen this and have been wondering about it! sometimes i see hatchlings with more than 7 days left, the most ive seen is 8 days left. what causes this?

5 minutes ago, Yogurtmoo said:

may have been asked before, but this is the 2nd time i've seen this and have been wondering about it! sometimes i see hatchlings with more than 7 days left, the most ive seen is 8 days left. what causes this?

Hi Yogurtmoo! It is because of the Stun BSA. :)

1 minute ago, missy_ said:

Hi Yogurtmoo! It is because of the Stun BSA. :)

oh of course! recently have returned to dc so the stun bsa is new to me, so i totally forgot about it! thank you!