Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Yeah, just noticed the drakes. Guess that means they're just useless for raffles for the moment (thus why I'm going through them in the first place).

8 minutes ago, Kovia said:

Yeah, just noticed the drakes. Guess that means they're just useless for raffles for the moment (thus why I'm going through them in the first place).

Some of them do have an affinity, like Morphodrakes and Ochredrakes. They're useless for bodytype-specific requirements though, as long as they don't state "raise X Drakes".

If I influence an egg to be male, and later gift the young hatchie to someone, is it still guaranteed to mature into a male dragon?

17 minutes ago, Radugalati said:

If I influence an egg to be male, and later gift the young hatchie to someone, is it still guaranteed to mature into a male dragon?

Yes. Influence 'wears off' if an *egg* is teleported, but once it hatches it's good to go!

I want this dragon to have a mate that goes well with it's lineage, but I really don't know how...

https://dragcave.net/lineage/6DnU1

I highly doubt I'd be able to get offspring from CB Hellhorses (if there even are any more out there) and I was going to use hellfire wyverns in their place, but when bred with a Copper, they make the wrong color copper. -_-

So... any advice on what would make a good mate for this dragon? I'm at a loss here. XD

I have three eggs that will be hatching tomorrow at some time (both are incuhatchable), but I have no more male pinks and the eggs need to be male. Two eggs will probably hatch before I get up in the morning, so they'll end up as whatever gender unless. I really need a Black Tea egg to be male, though, and she pre-cog'd female. I DO NOT want a female black tea of this lineage. She would be pointless to me. Any way at all to "stun" an egg, so to speak, so it can't hatch until I have an influence ready? Or where's that thread you can ask for influences? I know I saw one once.

.....I need to hoard more pinks, I guess.

15 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

I have three eggs that will be hatching tomorrow at some time (both are incuhatchable), but I have no more male pinks and the eggs need to be male. Two eggs will probably hatch before I get up in the morning, so they'll end up as whatever gender unless. I really need a Black Tea egg to be male, though, and she pre-cog'd female. I DO NOT want a female black tea of this lineage. She would be pointless to me. Any way at all to "stun" an egg, so to speak, so it can't hatch until I have an influence ready? Or where's that thread you can ask for influences? I know I saw one once.

.....I need to hoard more pinks, I guess.

An egg won't hatch while fogged, but if it has enough stats it may hatch the moment you unfog it (before you can influence it), so I don't generally recommend that.

6 hours ago, Aqub said:

I want this dragon to have a mate that goes well with it's lineage, but I really don't know how...

I highly doubt I'd be able to get offspring from CB Hellhorses (if there even are any more out there) and I was going to use hellfire wyverns in their place, but when bred with a Copper, they make the wrong color copper. -_-

So... any advice on what would make a good mate for this dragon? I'm at a loss here. XD

I'm pretty sure those are the only two CB Hellhorses. I'd recommend buying a HFW from the market - those are cheap and the will produce the right coloured copper :)

I added my FoE submission into a forum post as an attachment (though I didn't submit the post of course), so I was wondering: if I remove that attachment, will the image of the egg on the egg basket page break or disappear or something? I haven't removed the attachment so far since I don't dare, and I'd like a confirmation first. :lol:

50 minutes ago, Cottoncat said:

I added my FoE submission into a forum post as an attachment (though I didn't submit the post of course), so I was wondering: if I remove that attachment, will the image of the egg on the egg basket page break or disappear or something? I haven't removed the attachment so far since I don't dare, and I'd like a confirmation first. :lol:

No, it won't break in anyone's basket.

27 minutes ago, Mewtie said:

No, it won't break in anyone's basket.

Thank you for the answer! Now I can go and remove the attachment. ^_^ It didn't seem to be attached to the thread anymore since it didn't show up so that's good.

Edited by Cottoncat

10 hours ago, Aqub said:

Find people with old Hellfires, with Location: Cave on them and ask them nicely? There's a lineage request thread in the trade section (called Breeding, Gifting) and another one in the breeding section of the forum.

(Or spend shards on Market Hellfires.)

Proof that Location: Cave works: https://dragcave.net/lineage/HOo6K

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Lord - I was off to be helpful, and realise I didn 't catch any for ages after they showed up ! How very unlike me.

Hey just a bit curious about the mechanics of Sunrise/Sunset dragons.

Is an egg predetermined to be sunrise/sunset and will only hatch when the day/night is correct?

Or is an egg capable of hatching into either one based on the time?

Right now I have a sun egg with 7000 views and it's sick now

https://dragcave.net/lineage/aCNcK

I'm hoping it would be a sunrise dragon, is that still possible?

1 minute ago, I Want Cheese Dragon said:

Hey just a bit curious about the mechanics of Sunrise/Sunset dragons.

Is an egg predetermined to be sunrise/sunset and will only hatch when the day/night is correct?

Or is an egg capable of hatching into either one based on the time?

Right now I have a sun egg with 7000 views and it's sick now

https://dragcave.net/lineage/aCNcK

I'm hoping it would be a sunrise dragon, is that still possible?

It is not predetermined - an egg can hatch into either.

A Sun egg must hatch between 6:00 EST and 12:00 EST to become a Sunrise Dragon -  and must hatch between 18:00 EST and 00:00 EST to become a Sunset Dragon. They can't hatch outside of those times, so they have a tendency to get sick between.

If you want a sunrise, fog it until the sunrise window.

13 minutes ago, Kaini said:

It is not predetermined - an egg can hatch into either.

A Sun egg must hatch between 6:00 EST and 12:00 EST to become a Sunrise Dragon -  and must hatch between 18:00 EST and 00:00 EST to become a Sunset Dragon. They can't hatch outside of those times, so they have a tendency to get sick between.

If you want a sunrise, fog it until the sunrise window.

Thank you! I completely forgot about time zones.

And yeah I'll fog it until tomorrow, thanks for you help!

22 minutes ago, Griffin_Lokison said:

Is there a way to influence eggs to be male?

Yes, with a male pink dragon (which you don't have...).

Maybe ask here for assistance - 

1 hour ago, Griffin_Lokison said:

Is there a way to influence eggs to be male?

Yes you need a male pink. BUT - you'd be best in the specific thread:

18 minutes ago, Griffin_Lokison said:

Here's another tiny question. What does splash do? 

Do it and you'll find out ;) For spoilers, check the wiki.

17 minutes ago, Griffin_Lokison said:

Here's another tiny question. What does splash do? 

Splash is basically a 'joke' action, based on (I believe) a Pokemon thing. It doesn't really do anything, except give you a cute little 'Magicarp' badge if you use Splash a certain number of times (not totally sure what that number is). The text that you see when you use Splash is also a Pokemon reference thing, I believe.

Just now, Ruby Eyes said:

Do it and you'll find out ;) For spoilers, check the wiki.

I did, with both of them. Nothing happened.