Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

2 minutes ago, Dew said:

When I start typing a message in the reply box, and then leave the page, my draft is still there when I revisit it later along with a little banner at the bottom of the page telling me my previous content has been restored. That works for drafting but I'm not sure how consistent it is or if it works across devices.

edit: nvm this is about responses to threads, not about PMs

The same thing works with PM's too, I've noticed, but only if you are replying.

It doesn't work if you are starting the conversation...

I've tried.

That's because existing message conversations have an ID with which the forum can associate the draft. On a completely new message, there ain't one.

It also restores stuff I previously sent to the same recipient.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I know that this may sound weird but ...

My scroll is rather large  .... and sometimes I find a dragon I want at the end of my scroll

The only way I can do it is by the Grid Custom sort ... down 12,000 dragons

It is so frustrating when I lose the cursor and my place and need to restart at times

It would be nice if I could go BACKWARDS  too

So...  at dragon one could go back to dragon 12,130 and do an ascending search for the spot desired

@orphaned I use Manual Custom Sort for this. Enter a number that's large enough to be the highest on your scroll, in that input box next to your dragon, and save.

I think the highest possible number for this is somewhere around 32767, and the smallest (will always be at the top) around -32767.

6 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

@orphaned I use Manual Custom Sort for this. Enter a number that's large enough to be the highest on your scroll, in that input box next to your dragon, and save.

I think the highest possible number for this is somewhere around 32767, and the smallest (will always be at the top) around -32767.

thank you so very much:thankee:

I never really quite understood what that sorting choice meant ... until now

this site truly is brilliantly set up 

as are those who understand it ... such as yourself      :hug: :flower: :thankyou:

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:   the sorting is now so much easier ... and FASTER !!!  :D

23 hours ago, Shokomon said:

I wish the Search function went back more than a year though. It's nice to know the messages I've saved for laughs or history aren't just gone forever. 

You should be able to get all your messages if you haven't deleted them.  once you reach the "end" it should load more.  I still have my first ARK invite and it's 7 years old. One good thing about the new forum.  every message ever was restored when it updated so you would have had to delete them again since that time.

1 hour ago, DragonLady86 said:

every message ever was restored when it updated so you would have had to delete them again since that time.

Actually, I think they were only restored as long as at least ONE participant still had it in their inbox OR sent box. I didn't get ALL of my old deleted stuff back, otherwise I'd have gotten several tenthousand messages back with the update XD

10 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Actually, I think they were only restored as long as at least ONE participant still had it in their inbox OR sent box. I didn't get ALL of my old deleted stuff back, otherwise I'd have gotten several tenthousand messages back with the update XD

dunno.  I know I went through everything and re-read them before re-deleting them just because.  but I previously deleted everything.  I never had more than 5 messages at a time and that only usually around holidays when I do a lot of gifting.

11 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

but I previously deleted everything.

The persons with whom you talked probably did not delete them. They still had it all in their sent box, and the forum migration tool didn't care whose message box had contained the old stuff - they just put copies into both yours and theirs.

So how exactly does one unlock the ethereal version of Celestials in their encyclopedias? Now that I've decided to go through and try to have three of every adult to get all the unlocks, I noticed it only shows the corporeal, even if I have 7 adult celestials who are usually in ethereal stance (and also a frozen hatchling, so by default it's also ethereal unless I corporealize it). I saw some people discussing this on the wiki from a while back, but there was no answer there.

It's easiest done by clicking on other players ethereal Celestials. You can ask for help in the Encyclopedia Helpers thread - people are usually happy to corporealize  their dragons if someone requests it (same with Scaleless Luminas, Aeons and Bolts that have recently used their BSA, etc).

Ethereal ones should be easy. Most Celestials spend most of their time in the ethereal state. Mine are ethereal now if you want to click on them -- they are on page 5 of my scroll (sorted 250/page). If it is actually the corporeal that you need then I would be willing to corporealize them for you if you let me know. :)

Ah, I see. I had wondered if there was a way to do it by owning them (like how you can do it by observing or owning, right) and was confused since I own so many that are pretty much always ethereal, and yet that was the color variant that wasn't unlocked. Weird to me that the corporeal version is what unlocks when they spend most of their time not corporeal! But hey, thanks guys -- I'll view other people's ethereal Celestials then :) 

8 hours ago, missy20201 said:

Ah, I see. I had wondered if there was a way to do it by owning them (like how you can do it by observing or owning, right) and was confused since I own so many that are pretty much always ethereal, and yet that was the color variant that wasn't unlocked. Weird to me that the corporeal version is what unlocks when they spend most of their time not corporeal! But hey, thanks guys -- I'll view other people's ethereal Celestials then :) 

Here's 41 ethereal Celestials for you to view. XD

https://dragcave.net/group/79860

I dunno if this should be in trades or here, but what should a CB Stone dragon be worth? I'm mating them with Waterhorses, but it seems to me that there are way more Waterhorses out there. Hardly anyone has any Stone hatchies. 

3 hours ago, Suzumiya said:

Here's 41 ethereal Celestials for you to view. XD

https://dragcave.net/group/79860

I dunno if this should be in trades or here, but what should a CB Stone dragon be worth? I'm mating them with Waterhorses, but it seems to me that there are way more Waterhorses out there. Hardly anyone has any Stone hatchies. 

May have something to do with the Holly Contest going on, lots of people are collecting Waterhorses for the contest or to trade for people in the contest, so maybe that's why more people have them on hand. I think they're the same level of rarity though!

Is there a place for this year's Festival of Eggs spriters to post about their creation?  I know some spriters provided information in the Festival of Eggs thread, which is now closed.  I don't want to go through 31 pages of posts to look for the information. XD  Please help. :)  Thanks.

1 minute ago, QVic said:

Is there a place for this year's Festival of Eggs spriters to post about their creation?  I know some spriters provided information in the Festival of Eggs thread, which is now closed.  I don't want to go through 31 pages of posts to look for the information. XD  Please help. :)  Thanks.

There's a partial list in this post of all the ones that were posted in the News thread:

I am curious, is it possible to obtain alt blacks and alt dark green dragons from CB eggs? Or is it limited to breeding?

2 minutes ago, Radugalati said:

I am curious, is it possible to obtain alt blacks and alt dark green dragons from CB eggs? Or is it limited to breeding?

Only bred eggs of Black, Dark Green and Undine can alt.

(You sometimes may see some CB Black alts in lineages, but these have been acquired on special occasions such as the christmas raffles some years back, when honorable mentions were still given out.)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Anybody else having forum privacy issues? I always sign in anonymously, since I check DC during random times of the day, and I'd prefer people not notice me and then potentially think I'm ignoring them or something if I'm only signing on quick to check something, for example.

But I just tried two different mobile browsers and cleared the cache of the one I typically use, and it's still showing me publicly as being logged in. Is it just me or is anyone else having the same problem?

1 hour ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

Anybody else having forum privacy issues? I always sign in anonymously, since I check DC during random times of the day, and I'd prefer people not notice me and then potentially think I'm ignoring them or something if I'm only signing on quick to check something, for example.

But I just tried two different mobile browsers and cleared the cache of the one I typically use, and it's still showing me publicly as being logged in. Is it just me or is anyone else having the same problem?

I believe it's simply an issue with the asterisk by your name not showing up, I just looked at your profile and it says last log-in was Feb 2018 so it seems you are in fact logged in anonymously. 

Has anyone else noticed that when attempting to use Ward when you don't have eggs, it will say "You do not have any eggs eligible for influencing."?

Is it supposed to be like this, or is this something that should be changed?

(posting this here as a question because I felt like it didn't need its own topic)

4 hours ago, GalacticSketch said:

Has anyone else noticed that when attempting to use Ward when you don't have eggs, it will say "You do not have any eggs eligible for influencing."?

I'm pretty sure it's something that needs to be changed, according to the words. I think you could put it in the Suggestions/Requests Thread, maybe TJ will fix that.

I don't know where else to ask but, I've heard from a few people that certain people with good stuff, be it Prizes, ND or other valuables, gets bugged way too much or sometimes harrassed. Is it still a thing, or only something that would happen in DC many years ago? It's kinda sad to hear such stories actually happened before. (Exclude the "viewbombing" cases, since I see it as random sometimes and not even a malicious effort. They're just putting stuff in hatcheries, I wouldn't consider that as viewbombing at all.)

42 minutes ago, BlueLatios said:

I'm pretty sure it's something that needs to be changed, according to the words. I think you could put it in the Suggestions/Requests Thread, maybe TJ will fix that.

I don't know where else to ask but, I've heard from a few people that certain people with good stuff, be it Prizes, ND or other valuables, gets bugged way too much or sometimes harrassed. Is it still a thing, or only something that would happen in DC many years ago? It's kinda sad to hear such stories actually happened before. (Exclude the "viewbombing" cases, since I see it as random sometimes and not even a malicious effort. They're just putting stuff in hatcheries, I wouldn't consider that as viewbombing at all.)

Sometimes viewbombing is people trying to help, though sadly I would say that is less the case most times these days.  helpers add your scroll not target single "good" eggs.

It can still happen, but if it does simply report to a mod and then block the person.  It's pretty easy to do something about.

7 hours ago, GalacticSketch said:

(posting this here as a question because I felt like it didn't need its own topic)

It's undoubtedly an error. Giving it its own thread might be better because TJ is more likely to see it that way and get it fixed.