Jump to content
Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Recommended Posts

I'm locked with lineage stuff. Also with the glitchiness just now I HOPE there won't be one !

Share this post


Link to post

As a fairly new player, I'm wondering, is it possible to dodge the 5-hour-lock of a freshly caught CB egg by bsa incubating it? I'm thinking it might, beause the incubate takes a day off the egg's timer. However I don't have the bravery to try it, even if i had an available for bsa red dragon right now :D

I'm wondering if any of you have tried it?

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, nordana said:

is it possible to dodge the 5-hour-lock of a freshly caught CB egg by bsa incubating it?

Nope. An egg's age cannot change, only its countdown.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Nope. An egg's age cannot change, only its countdown.

Oh, thanks! Good that I haven't tried then :)

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Sazandora said:

I forgot -- have we ever had new dragon releases happening in January? Or have I been preparing for nothing for the last few hours? XD

 

Last time we had a Jan release was 2012 for the Chinese new year (it was the year of the dragon and the date fell earlier than normal).  I really don't see another Chinese New year release possibly happening until maybe 2023 (when it falls early again; year of the rabbit) or maybe 2024 (when it coincides with year of the dragon again but the date would be in Feb).

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/13/2019 at 5:24 PM, Nagapie said:

How long do new breeds usually stay extremely common? I've been trying to breed a Kyanite from a Kyanite x Pipio pairing for months now with several pairs yet I haven't gotten even one. As such, I would like to know how long it takes for the rates to become more even so that it'd actually be possible for new breeds to make checkers with other non-holiday breeds.

I tried to help out with the ratios by breeding my Pipios while egglocked, and of course, I got a Kyanite right away...:mellow:

https://dragcave.net/progeny/SiqSI

is on its way to the AP, if that helps.

Edited by Fly-by-Night

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TerraAnne said:

Is it possible to make a neglected out of a cave born prize?

One could, though not easily.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TerraAnne said:

Is it possible to make a neglected out of a cave born prize?

Yes - but the most likely outcome of trying that is a dead CB Prize egg, so I do not recommend this. Better use a different breed that's hard to hatch for this experiment. 

Share this post


Link to post

I mean I would never attempt it, but I've seen people try with rares. I just didn't know if it was possible with prizes in particular. :o

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Fly-by-Night said:

I tried to help out with the ratios by breeding my Pipios while egglocked, and of course, I got a Kyanite right away...:mellow:

https://dragcave.net/progeny/SiqSI

is on its way to the AP, if that helps.

 

Good to know that it's at least possible now. Pretty sure I'll start seeing some with my own pairs soon enough. ^_^

Share this post


Link to post

Sigh. 2 pipios..... I got all hopeful there !

Share this post


Link to post

Can someone remind me if the AP adds a day onto our eggs?

 

For example, if I bred an egg and dropped it into the AP and on my scroll it showed up with a time five days and two hours, when the AP reaches five days and two hours, is it the same time as my egg? I hope that made sense. Or instead, does the AP have to be at four days and and two hours to match the time on my egg? 

Edited by missy_

Share this post


Link to post

Okay thanks Mathcat! So what we see in the AP matches our eggs. Much simpler to remember that way. alot

Share this post


Link to post

How does it work when you have a multi-clutch and you don't keep one of the eggs right away? I've never done it, do you click back on an egg and have the option to say "I want this one"?

On the same line of questions, if you keep all the eggs and manage to trade away all of them (except one) within the hour, can you keep the last ont? Or are the eggs not tradeable? 

I always keep the one egg so I'm curious 🤔

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, the held eggs have the "keep" option. But you can't trade them until you pick one to keep and you can only keep one.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/27/2019 at 11:29 AM, nordana said:

As a fairly new player, I'm wondering, is it possible to dodge the 5-hour-lock of a freshly caught CB egg by bsa incubating it? I'm thinking it might, beause the incubate takes a day off the egg's timer. However I don't have the bravery to try it, even if i had an available for bsa red dragon right now :D

I'm wondering if any of you have tried it?

I get rid of my unwanted misclicks by vampire biting them. Usually I get lucky and they turn and are repulsed, so someone else gets a CB vampire and I get the free scroll space! Win-win.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, TerraAnne said:

I mean I would never attempt it, but I've seen people try with rares. I just didn't know if it was possible with prizes in particular. :o

 

 

I don't believe anybody would try it on a CB Prize (maybe... maybe if they really dislike the type of Prize they got...?), but it has been done with lineaged ones.

I found one in the "lineaged unbreedables" thread:

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/140578-an-ode-to-lineaged-unbreedables/?page=5&tab=comments#comment-8574272

 

Share this post


Link to post

I looked and cannot find a thread to ask for this sort of help. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be grateful.

 

I have an incuhatchable CB Sunrise egg in my possession that I would love to have hatched for me as a male-influenced Sunrise. I am generally not around at that time of day (6 a.m.-12p.m.) and want just one for my scroll. 

 

I have plenty of influences, but since egg influences are erased in teleport, I would have to ask someone to influence it. 

 

I can influence and hatch a low time Sunset egg in return if someone wants (please provide egg); is there any thread for these sorts of requests that I could post to? I see one for bred eggs but nothing for CB. Thanks. :)

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, missy_ said:

I looked and cannot find a thread to ask for this sort of help. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be grateful.

 

I have an incuhatchable CB Sunrise egg in my possession that I would love to have hatched for me as a male-influenced Sunrise. I am generally not around at that time of day (6 a.m.-12p.m.) and want just one for my scroll. 

 

I have plenty of influences, but since egg influences are erased in teleport, I would have to ask someone to influence it. 

 

I can influence and hatch a low time Sunset egg in return if someone wants (please provide egg); is there any thread for these sorts of requests that I could post to? I see one for bred eggs but nothing for CB. Thanks. :)

 

I'm not sure if I get your problem completely but... afaik, a Sunrise egg won't hatch until it is sunrise time period again. That means, if you influence your egg, put it in a hatchery or more and just leave it unfogged it should hatch as a Sunrise easily (during the first sunrise time period it is at or below 4d and has enough views) without anybody else's help needed. :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, missy_ said:

I looked and cannot find a thread to ask for this sort of help. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be grateful.

 

I have an incuhatchable CB Sunrise egg in my possession that I would love to have hatched for me as a male-influenced Sunrise. I am generally not around at that time of day (6 a.m.-12p.m.) and want just one for my scroll. 

 

I have plenty of influences, but since egg influences are erased in teleport, I would have to ask someone to influence it. 

 

I can influence and hatch a low time Sunset egg in return if someone wants (please provide egg); is there any thread for these sorts of requests that I could post to? I see one for bred eggs but nothing for CB. Thanks. :)

 

Like Soulsborne said, it should be pretty easy to leave it to hatch while you're gone. If you're not confident in doing that I can hatch it for you no problem though.  (Agh got them mixed up with day/night glories, sunrises will only hatch into sunrsies... :rolleyes:):) I think the best place to ask for help like that in the future is Random Scroll Help and Missed Connections

 

Edited by Aqub

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Soulsborne said:

 

I'm not sure if I get your problem completely but... afaik, a Sunrise egg won't hatch until it is sunrise time period again. That means, if you influence your egg, put it in a hatchery or more and just leave it unfogged it should hatch as a Sunrise easily (during the first sunrise time period it is at or below 4d and has enough views) without anybody else's help needed. :unsure:

 

@Soulsborne no, this won't work. It has to actually hatch between 6 a.m. - 12 p.m. cave time. The egg will always identify as a "Sunrise" egg; it will never identify as a "Sunset" egg in the egg description. It is not the time of egg capture but the time of hatching that matters. The egg will hatch as a Sunset egg between 12 p.m. and 6 a.m. (a period of 18 hours) The same egg will hatch as a Sunrise egg if it hatches between 6 a.m. and 12 p.m. (A period of 6 hours) The egg description for both will always say "Sunrise."

 

57 minutes ago, Aqub said:

 

Like Soulsborne said, it should be pretty easy to leave it to hatch while you're gone. If you're not confident in doing that I can hatch it for you no problem though.  (Agh got them mixed up with day/night glories, sunrises will only hatch into sunrsies... :rolleyes:):) I think the best place to ask for help like that in the future is Random Scroll Help and Missed Connections

 

 

Thanks, @Aqub Yeah I thought about asking there; they don't have a specific form for that, but I really don't see any other place to ask. So maybe I will try putting it there.

 

As an alternative, I wonder if I got it to the brink of hatching, then fogged it ... then tried to be around to unfog it for a few seconds during the allotted time period ... that is, if I am around. I guess theoretically it would work ... if I am around to unfog it at the right time! :o And if I get it to the brink of hatching without actually hatching ...

Edited by missy_

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, missy_ said:

As an alternative, I wonder if I got it to the brink of hatching, then fogged it ... then tried to be around to unfog it for a few seconds during the allotted time period ... that is, if I am around. I guess theoretically it would work ... if I am around to unfog it at the right time! :o And if I get it to the brink of hatching without actually hatching ...

This can work! You can put it in a lot of hatcheries/ERs while it can't hatch so it gathers views more quickly and then fog it. Of course, like you said you'd have to be able to unfog it at the right time still.

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.