Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

@blah Oh. 219 breeds? Not really.

I've got 215 on my scroll. I know I have no Dinos (5 different breeds), no Cheeses and no Chickens on my scroll - but each and every breed of dragon. I do not have any Zombies any more, either - but those are usually counted as their original breed anyway. So, there must be at least 222 breeds, right? In my Encyclopedia, I can count 44 full rows with 5 breeds each, plus 3 extra, which adds up to 223 breeds. Undeads, despite (probably still) not counting as a breed of their own, have an entry in the encyclopedia.

Looks like the wiki isn't quite up to date at the moment. Looks like the last update happened before the release of Eather Wyvern and Pipio Pygmies.

Edited by olympe

Is there a thread here (maybe like this one) where you can suggest ideas for new dragons? "Tiny Little Dragon Suggestions", lol, or people who can't sprite and aren't trying to start a project, just make some suggestions that might give spriters some ideas? Because not to be dramatic, but we're approaching the end of an era and the single most important thing thats ever happened....so I was hoping to find a place to suggest Infinity Stone dragons in honor of the event.

1 hour ago, bloodyneptune said:

Is there a thread here (maybe like this one) where you can suggest ideas for new dragons? "Tiny Little Dragon Suggestions", lol, or people who can't sprite and aren't trying to start a project, just make some suggestions that might give spriters some ideas? Because not to be dramatic, but we're approaching the end of an era and the single most important thing thats ever happened....so I was hoping to find a place to suggest Infinity Stone dragons in honor of the event.

End of an era? :huh:

1 hour ago, bloodyneptune said:

There's an entire subforum for that. More details on the way it works can be found in The Ultimate Dragon Requests Guide, which I recommend reading before creating a new topic in that section. Unless you're thinking specifically of a place for small snippets of ideas? A "free ideas" thread? That, I think, does not yet exist.

Edited by Mewtie

Can a newbie catch a Leetle Tree if they are egg locked.  

Link to Dragon Cave Wiki - Leetle Tree

in case any new players are interested in it.

Could you please add @Mystic_Halo to your reply so I'll get pinged?

Thank you. 

Thank you Dracaena - I was wondering about this.

Edited by Mystic_Halo

@Mystic_Halo  There needs to be an open egg slot to catch a leetle tree.  It will automatically freeze when it arrives on the scroll thus freeing up the egg slot but it does require an egg slot to catch.

7 hours ago, Lagie said:

End of an era? :huh:

Its the end of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, after Endgame we move to into the Marvel Cosmic Univers--ok, this really isn't easy for me to say, but I should probably not start doing this here

7 hours ago, Mewtie said:

There's an entire subforum for that. More details on the way it works can be found in The Ultimate Dragon Requests Guide, which I recommend reading before creating a new topic in that section. Unless you're thinking specifically of a place for small snippets of ideas? A "free ideas" thread? That, I think, does not yet exist.

Yeah! Not a "heres my detailed idea, who wants to help" and more of just "free ideas". Sort of like prompts for writers; "hero runs into arch nemesis at an Ikea" and they run with it however they want.

6 hours ago, bloodyneptune said:

Yeah! Not a "heres my detailed idea, who wants to help" and more of just "free ideas". Sort of like prompts for writers; "hero runs into arch nemesis at an Ikea" and they run with it however they want.

No, there really isn't a thread of that sort on the forum.

23 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

If you breed a green x green, will they ALWAYS produce geodes? This progeny (somewhat short so far) is only geodes. I'm not really complaining, more curious. https://dragcave.net/progeny/puoxc

No, it is definitely possible to get Greens. https://dragcave.net/progeny/Z7ASC The proportion of Geodes is pretty high, though.

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

No, it is definitely possible to get Greens. https://dragcave.net/progeny/Z7ASC The proportion of Geodes is pretty high, though.

Thanks, good to know.

Why are there purple and blue 2018 holiday badges? Mine's blue but I've seen a few of purple

1 minute ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Why are there purple and blue 2018 holiday badges? Mine's blue but I've seen a few of purple

The colour depends upon what level you got to while playing the game.

Is there a place I can ask who owns a lineage so I can ask to trade for one from it? Lol... I've seen a lot of really nice lineages that I'd love to be able to connect

3 hours ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Is there a place I can ask who owns a lineage so I can ask to trade for one from it? Lol... I've seen a lot of really nice lineages that I'd love to be able to connect

For checkers you can always try here. There's also the WHOLE breeding subforum where several lineages have their own threads. If you search for a very specific pairing instead of a type of lineage and the breeder has their scroll name hidden you could try asking here - that's always worth a shot.

3 hours ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Also, this request thread may or may not work for any given lineage. Plus, in Trading there is "Breeding, Gifting" but I'm too lazy to link to it now ...

I was checking the market and it says that the eggs bought from there are "not protected against sickness". What does this mean? That if they get sick they automatically bite the dust or what?

6 minutes ago, BirdoThePinkDino said:

I was checking the market and it says that the eggs bought from there are "not protected against sickness". What does this mean? That if they get sick they automatically bite the dust or what?

It just means they can die if they get too sick like any other egg, unlike Prizes from raffles which won't die no matter how sick they get.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

3 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

It just means they can die if they get too sick like any other egg, unlike Prizes from raffles which won't die no matter how sick they get.

Oh, thank you very much! I can deal with that; I was just worried. Thanks again!

12 hours ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

The Special Request Offspring Gifting Group also has a sheet with a lot of holiday lines. There's some GoN-kin and Sinomorph-kin as well.

Can any of the valentines dragons be either gender when they're bred? Like hollies and mistletoes can be either gender?

8 minutes ago, Aqub said:

Can any of the valentines dragons be either gender when they're bred? Like hollies and mistletoes can be either gender?

Not so far.

5 hours ago, Aqub said:

Apologies! I misread the question. I don't know about Valentines dragons. 

What I always do, just to make sure, is before a bred dragon egg gets too old, I click on a BSA Pink and look through my eggs to see which ones can be influenced. :) Just in case something changes!

Edited by missy_

25 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Apologies! I misread the question. I don't know about Valentines dragons. 

What I always do, just to make sure, is before a bred dragon egg gets too old, I click on a BSA Pink and look through my eggs to see which ones can be influenced. :) Just in case something changes!

Yeah, that's a good way to check XD I just wanted to know beforehand because I used a bunch of pinks recently and I was thinking "wow, did I need those?" 

Hello, how does one acquire a Spriters Alt Kin?

Do the Spriters breed something and just gift it to someone or throw it in the abandoned page or how does it work?

I have only ever found one once; it was a Chrono Xenowyrm from blue mutamore on the abandoned page and I managed to accidentally abandon it too... Argh!!

I want to know if I will have to haunt the AP for any SAKins or if there is another way to get them.

6 minutes ago, nordana said:

Hello, how does one acquire a Spriters Alt Kin?

Do the Spriters breed something and just gift it to someone or throw it in the abandoned page or how does it work?

I have only ever found one once; it was a Chrono Xenowyrm from blue mutamore on the abandoned page and I managed to accidentally abandon it too... Argh!!

I want to know if I will have to haunt the AP for any SAKins or if there is another way to get them.

Guess it depends if you want a 2nd gen or don't care.  a 2nd gen you will have to depend on the artist in question breeding.  Yes some are dropped to the ap, and some are traded.  Some artists may be okay with you messaging them with a POLITE request.  You could also put something up on the trading hub saying thats what you want in return. 

Higher gens:  see above, but more players available to potentially breed them.