Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Not really. You will NEVER get an adult. You'll need to have room for an egg from the official DC raffle, or room for whatever egg or hatchling someone is raffling off.

I have a question, are red dragons a male-only breed?

So far, I have circa five of these and they're all male.

And the wikia doesn't mention whether they're all male or not, so maybe I'm just really unlucky.

1 minute ago, nordana said:

I have a question, are red dragons a male-only breed?

So far, I have circa five of these and they're all male.

And the wikia doesn't mention whether they're all male or not, so maybe I'm just really unlucky.

No. It's just your luck, unfortunately ^^;

Just now, Kaini said:

No. It's just your luck, unfortunately ^^;

Oh, okay. Thanks! And that's a lovely SA lineage there!

@nordana The black Sweetling isn't the spriter's alt, but an alt given out to a number of users as an apology. The SAs look like this: latest?cb=20100220130015 and latest?cb=20100220040854

2 hours ago, olympe said:

@nordana The black Sweetling isn't the spriter's alt, but an alt given out to a number of users as an apology. The SAs look like this: latest?cb=20100220130015 and latest?cb=20100220040854

Oh right! I forgot. Sorry. :)

quick question: can you name or rename zombies? or are they stuck with the name of the dead dragon?

7 minutes ago, steeve said:

quick question: can you name or rename zombies? or are they stuck with the name of the dead dragon?

Quick answer.  Yes, I have renamed a couple of mine.  Now if you kill one and it does not revive the name is still taken considered iirc.

Edited by Imzadi

Just now, Imzadi said:

Quick answer.  Yes, I have renamed a couple of mine.  

that's good to know, thank you!

Can someone explain this to me?

I thought green Spinels only happened if the Spinel parent is bred to a dragon with Earth affinity. Lunar Heralds have Light/Time affinity, though... Or is it because the Spinel parent is green?

24 minutes ago, olympe said:

Can someone explain this to me?

I thought green Spinels only happened if the Spinel parent is bred to a dragon with Earth affinity. Lunar Heralds have Light/Time affinity, though... Or is it because the Spinel parent is green?

Yep. Non-earth parents don't seem to remove the green-ness from the bloodline.

https://dragcave.net/progeny/cAXJ2

https://dragcave.net/progeny/Bjaf8

Personally, I think it's a bug - just like Spinel x Spinel breedings never result in purple ones anymore (for which they should have a tiny chance, as per the conceptor).

Narratively, it also doesn't make a whole lot of sense, considering that we can only find purple ones in the wilderness ...

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Thanks, @Ruby Eyes! And I totally agree on the not making sense part. To report or not report, that's the question here. ;) 

Anyway, I've got another one: Which color of Stripe do Siyats breed? Does anyone know? I just tried with all of mine, but only got Siyat eggs (and two refusals).

3 minutes ago, olympe said:

Anyway, I've got another one: Which color of Stripe do Siyats breed? Does anyone know? I just tried with all of mine, but only got Siyat eggs (and two refusals).

blue makes blue, green makes blue, purples still need to be figured out.

Also, keep an eye on this thread:

I've been wondering this for a while: 

How are the holiday dragons chosen/made? Are they user suggestions from the suggestion forums? Does TJ contact established spriters to secretly design them? Just curious; I'm not really sure what I plan to do with this info... :huh:

I have a question about two Tombstone lineages I have. One is technically a gen 13 (the Holly) and the other is a gen 21 (the Mint).

My question is, since both of them were deadlined on their "third" generation (sorry, I don't know the exact terms to use), will mating the two of them produce a 4th gen offspinrg? What gen offspring will be shown in the lineage? I haven't worked much with Tombstones and they are somewhat confusing to me. 

Holly: https://dragcave.net/lineage/gsF8x

Mint: https://dragcave.net/lineage/NrP4q

Thanks! :)

8 minutes ago, Aqub said:

I've been wondering this for a while: 

How are the holiday dragons chosen/made? Are they user suggestions from the suggestion forums? Does TJ contact established spriters to secretly design them? Just curious; I'm not really sure what I plan to do with this info... :huh:

Concepts are submitted to TJ and he chooses the one he wants.  

Just now, Imzadi said:

Concepts are submitted to TJ and he chooses the one he wants.   They are never from the completed list, so have never been seen before.

Edited by Imzadi

10 minutes ago, missy_ said:

I have a question about two Tombstone lineages I have. One is technically a gen 13 (the Holly) and the other is a gen 21 (the Mint).

My question is, since both of them were deadlined on their "third" generation (sorry, I don't know the exact terms to use), will mating the two of them produce a 4th gen offspinrg? What gen offspring will be shown in the lineage? I haven't worked much with Tombstones and they are somewhat confusing to me. 

Holly: https://dragcave.net/lineage/gsF8x

Mint: https://dragcave.net/lineage/NrP4q

Thanks! :)

I *think* it'll show as being 22 generation, will appear as a "fourth" gen with a tombstone baseline on DC's lineage view, but if you use AoND's lineage viewer, you'll see all the ancestors with the deceased ancestors appearing as tombstones.

What determines the order in which the adults are sorted within an individual breed when one's scroll is sorted by breed?

Is it (a) the date the egg was stolen, or (b) the date the hatchling grew up?

Example:

Egg A and Egg B are both Black Tea eggs.

I steal Egg A on Jan. 1 and Egg B a day later on Jan. 2.

I fog Egg A so it will reach adulthood later than Egg B. 

Egg B grows up on Jan. 5.  Egg A grows up Jan. 6.

Once both are adults, which will appear higher (first) on my scroll in breed sort?

Edited by missy_

Sooo. The Wiki says there are 219 unique breeds. I've got 119 but I know that I am missing Neglecteds and Flower Crowned. That would be 221. But I've seen people with 223 unique breeds.

I went through the encyclopedia and compared it to my scroll. I can't figure out what two mysterious breeds I am missing, does anyone have any ideas?

25 minutes ago, blah said:

Sooo. The Wiki says there are 219 unique breeds. I've got 119 but I know that I am missing Neglecteds and Flower Crowned. That would be 221. But I've seen people with 223 unique breeds.

I went through the encyclopedia and compared it to my scroll. I can't figure out what two mysterious breeds I am missing, does anyone have any ideas?

Does the leetle tree count as a unique breed? Also guardian of nature and sinomorph come to mind as weird-to-obtain dragons. Don't forget to count the 5x dinos and the chicken.

I'm at 219 too, but I know I'm missing neglected, zombie, red dino, and stone dragons. 

Edited by steeve

2 minutes ago, steeve said:

Does the leetle tree count as a unique breed? 

I'm at 219 too, but I know I'm missing neglected, zombie, red dino, and stone dragons.

I assume it does but I've got one. :unsure: Maybe I need to go through the list on the wiki instead of the encyclopedia. Or convince someone who has 223 to sort by breed for a day and compare.

5 minutes ago, blah said:

I assume it does but I've got one. :unsure: Maybe I need to go through the list on the wiki instead of the encyclopedia. Or convince someone who has 223 to sort by breed for a day and compare.

i sorted my scroll by breed, if you wanna go through mine and compare? then add the 4 i'm missing to make an even 223.

Edited by steeve
also side note, i've never seen my scroll sorted by breed and it looks so weird

44 minutes ago, steeve said:

i sorted my scroll by breed, if you wanna go through mine and compare? then add the 4 i'm missing to make an even 223.

Thank you, that helped so much! It's Freckled and Avatar of Change. :rolleyes:

And I know what you mean. I only recently let go of legacy breed sort and it still makes me twitch.

9 hours ago, missy_ said:

What determines the order in which the adults are sorted within an individual breed when one's scroll is sorted by breed?

Is it (a) the date the egg was stolen, or (b) the date the hatchling grew up?

Egg stolen/bred, aka "by age".

3 hours ago, steeve said:

Does the leetle tree count as a unique breed?

No. Compare to the Encyclopedia - each entry is 1 for the Unique Breeds count. Trees don't have an entry.

Edited by Ruby Eyes