Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Just now, Stormcaller said:

Thanks for your reply, Dragon_Arbock. I'd already tried using both IE and Chrome on my desktop but hadn't thought to use a different device.  Your idea seemed like a good one so I tried it on my laptop using IE and Edge.  I've still had no luck. Sometimes I get the "The website cannot display the page" message and other times I get the tombstone.  I've repeatedly cleared my SSL slate and deleted my cookies so it doesn't seem like either of those things should be the problem. 

Hm, the only thing I can think of is do you have a bunch of notifications you haven't read on site? That was a problem someone had before. If not that, might need to get TJ's attention.

4 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Hm, the only thing I can think of is do you have a bunch of notifications you haven't read on site? That was a problem someone had before. If not that, might need to get TJ's attention.

I am still having the same issues. Have tried several browsers and 2 different computers.

So since you can’t hatch a sunrise/sunset egg during certain hours of the day, if you were to earthquake your eggs during that time period and they probably had the amount of views to hatch, would they automatically die? I’m  curious about the mechanics of it.

6 hours ago, broadway_fiend said:

So since you can’t hatch a sunrise/sunset egg during certain hours of the day, if you were to earthquake your eggs during that time period and they probably had the amount of views to hatch, would they automatically die? I’m  curious about the mechanics of it.

Die or be unaffected.

What exactly does following a user do? Is it like a pseudo friends list or maybe receive a notif everytime they post?

You get a notification every time they post, just like you get a notification every time anyone posts in a thread that you are following.

On 1/13/2019 at 5:24 PM, Nagapie said:

How long do new breeds usually stay extremely common? I've been trying to breed a Kyanite from a Kyanite x Pipio pairing for months now with several pairs yet I haven't gotten even one. As such, I would like to know how long it takes for the rates to become more even so that it'd actually be possible for new breeds to make checkers with other non-holiday breeds.

I'm not sure if that helps, but it IS possible to get a non-Pipio: https://dragcave.net/lineage/FkDht

(and I've only just made my first 6 attempts at breeding the Pipios)

2 hours ago, Fly-by-Night said:

I'm not sure if that helps, but it IS possible to get a non-Pipio: https://dragcave.net/lineage/FkDht

(and I've only just made my first 6 attempts at breeding the Pipios)

Thank you for giving me hope! On my side it's just 1 - 2 - 3. But it's good to know it might be turning around for the better sometime soon! ^_^

Yeah. I might just go and try... Thanks.

Is anyone else having troubles breeding and accessing groups? I get an error message after I choose a mate when breeding, and when I'm trying to access a group from the dropdown menu. 

16 minutes ago, hedy said:

Is anyone else having troubles breeding and accessing groups? I get an error message after I choose a mate when breeding, and when I'm trying to access a group from the dropdown menu. 

I was having trouble breeding a couple of days ago. Now working but laggy. Still can't get sorting dragons working. Get this message

(This page isn’t working

dragcave.net is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500)

I’ve just noticed something I’ve never seen before - I could be blind and just never saw it before, or it could be new, but does anyone know what this means?

4BBB4B80-BE09-482C-B3D5-83E42BED9743.jpeg.29774054197d3cc5e52c606b7f37fefe.jpeg

There’s now a little asterisk next to my name. It happens on all threads, so I know it doesn’t mean that I’m the OP, and it shows even on pages that other people are viewing, so it doesn’t mean I’m the only one on it. Help?

I need help! I always sort my dragons manually and they've always stayed the way I sorted them, but today I entered my dragons page and saw that my dragons were arranged by the date of being caught ever since I started playing (I never hit reset or anything, but when I go back to manual sort they are arranged as I made them). What's happening?

6 minutes ago, *Silver Fox* said:

I need help! I always sort my dragons manually and they've always stayed the way I sorted them, but today I entered my dragons page and saw that my dragons were arranged by the date of being caught ever since I started playing (I never hit reset or anything, but when I go back to manual sort they are arranged as I made them). What's happening?

A lot of folks are having the same problem right now.

There is a separate thread for it here:

Is there any site except AoND (which seems to be broken right now) where I can check for inbreeding in a long messy lineage?

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

Is there any site except AoND (which seems to be broken right now) where I can check for inbreeding in a long messy lineage?

AoND was fine (finally) a few minutes ago... at least the daycare was working again after hours of not doing so.

5 minutes ago, Soulsborne said:

AoND was fine (finally) a few minutes ago... at least the daycare was working again after hours of not doing so.

Oh, yay! Thanks for letting me know.

14 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

@RealWilliamShakespeare The asterisk means you are 'invisible', ie that you logged in anonymously. I currently have it by my name as well. 

Ohhhh shoot haha thanks! I don’t even know how I managed to do that... I’ll try to turn it off now! Thank you!

Ohhhh I didn't even know this was possible :3 Is it a rare thing to happen?

Colour.jpg

48 minutes ago, Belisar said:

Ohhhh I didn't even know this was possible :3 Is it a rare thing to happen?

Colour.jpg

Actually no, sometimes the color of the offspring differs from the color of the parents. ;) By the way, where can I find the timeline for breeding fire gem dragons? :D 

8 minutes ago, *Silver Fox* said:

Actually no, sometimes the color of the offspring differs from the color of the parents. ;) By the way, where can I find the timeline for breeding fire gem dragons? :D 

In many sigs there is an indicator of the current colour - in mine, for instance. Other than that - here: https://leviathan.thorngale.net/dragon-tools.php

17 minutes ago, Iside said:

Quick question : can eggs from the market be gifted?

No. They are listed as  (disabled) on the teleport screen where you select the egg.

Edited by purplehaze