Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

57 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Can I use incubate to help get a purple siyat? I think I remember someone saying you have to let it go below 2days natural time...?

Better not to. Unless you have a good head for remembering times and days.

Is there a reason that all the eggs I adopt or breed end up under the first dragon on my scroll?   Even if I set my scroll to show eggs and hatchies first, it does this.  I have to manually move them to the top and sort them in the order in which they were born/adopted.  I do use custom sort in the grid option most times.  Is it the "0" setting of the first dragon in manual custom sort that is the issue, or is my scroll just wonky? 

2 hours ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Can I use incubate to help get a purple siyat? I think I remember someone saying you have to let it go below 2days natural time...?

You won't get it any quicker by incubating, because it depends on the actual age of the egg -- the amount of time since it was stolen/bred -- not on the amount of time left on its timer. If you incubate it you will need to wait until it is at or below 1 day, which can be pretty scary.

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

You won't get it any quicker by incubating, because it depends on the actual age of the egg -- the amount of time since it was stolen/bred -- not on the amount of time left on its timer. If you incubate it you will need to wait until it is at or below 1 day, which can be pretty scary.

Ah okay that's what I thought but couldn't remember if that was true. I'll just let it be then. Thank you guys

4 hours ago, blackdragon71 said:

Is there a reason that all the eggs I adopt or breed end up under the first dragon on my scroll?   Even if I set my scroll to show eggs and hatchies first, it does this.  I have to manually move them to the top and sort them in the order in which they were born/adopted.  I do use custom sort in the grid option most times.  Is it the "0" setting of the first dragon in manual custom sort that is the issue, or is my scroll just wonky? 

I put an adult at the top of my scroll to guard the babies so it seems like where the eggs go makes sense, but sometimes new eggs will just go below the last egg to appear on my scroll putting everything in reverse order.

Oddly when I summon a Sino it goes to the very top.

I've basically given up trying to understand it XD I use AoND as a handy list of their ages and sort them all out every day or so.

8 hours ago, blackdragon71 said:

Yes, zero is the spot where everything new will go. And all things with the same number will be sorted by age - so of course, any adult on your scroll is older than any egg you acquire afterwards.

The setting for always displaying growing things at the top only works for automatic scroll sorting options. If you use a custom sort, you ALWAYS use custom sort unless you completely switch to automatic sorting - there is no mixed sorting. Basically, you'll always have to sort newly acquired dragons at some point so they go where you want them to, with custom sorting.

I'm not sure I get this, Ruby. I use a custom sort, and when I'm done moving my adults I click the eggs and unfrozens at the top button - and that works...  new eggs etc always end up at the top, and when they grow up, slide to just under the still growing stuff but above everything else.

14 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I use a custom sort

Which? Maybe it's only the Grid sort being stupid ...

(groups are using grid sort for custom order by default, and it NEVER FRIGGING WORKS)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

It's the grid sort I use. I like to see the results as I go.

And I never had any issues with my groups, either...

On 2/8/2019 at 7:00 AM, Ruby Eyes said:

How about even-gen arrow? (As opposed to arrows that aren't even-gen, like that Neglected linked above)

This question might have been a case for here, though:

Yeah, that's actually the long name of what I call them (now that I think about them).  3eg Arrow (what I have them grouped under).

Random Thought,

How come Christmas and Valentines Dragons have a 2 CB Limit, but Halloween Doesn't? (sorry if this has been asked before)

4 minutes ago, ComatosedRoses said:

Random Thought,

How come Christmas and Valentines Dragons have a 2 CB Limit, but Halloween Doesn't? (sorry if this has been asked before)

Supposedly because Christmas and Valentines are about sharing and Halloween is about grabbing all the candy you can?

3 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Supposedly because Christmas and Valentines are about sharing and Halloween is about grabbing all the candy you can?

:o! I didn't think of it like that. That makes sense then!

I forget, because I never use it, but does "stun" stick when a hatchie is teleported?

17 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I forget, because I never use it, but does "stun" stick when a hatchie is teleported?

I am suspecting it does not stick if the hatchling in question is under 4 days.  It used to stay but more recently when I've traded a stunned hatchling it pretty much instant grows on the new scroll when I expected a half day more.

12 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Yes, zero is the spot where everything new will go. And all things with the same number will be sorted by age - so of course, any adult on your scroll is older than any egg you acquire afterwards.

The setting for always displaying growing things at the top only works for automatic scroll sorting options. If you use a custom sort, you ALWAYS use custom sort unless you completely switch to automatic sorting - there is no mixed sorting. Basically, you'll always have to sort newly acquired dragons at some point so they go where you want them to, with custom sorting.

Thanks, Ruby.  I'm glad I'm not the only one who experiences the craziness of the sort features.  I don't like auto-sort, because it separates my mated pairs and mish-mashes everything, so...yeah.  I'll just keep moving stuff around.   

Can spriter alts be unlocked in the Encyclopedia?  Or is it like the Alt Sweetling that is "unlocked" after viewing a certain number, but never actually shows up in the Encyclopedia?

Spriter alts are not shown in the encyclopedia, so there is really nothing to unlock.

5 hours ago, Suzaku said:

Can spriter alts be unlocked in the Encyclopedia?  Or is it like the Alt Sweetling that is "unlocked" after viewing a certain number, but never actually shows up in the Encyclopedia?

Alt sweetlings show in the encyclopedia?  

2 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

Alt sweetlings show in the encyclopedia?  

They don't show in the encyclopedia, but once you view enough alt sweetlings the /view/ page finally says 'Sweetling' instead of being blank.

4 hours ago, steeve said:

They don't show in the encyclopedia, but once you view enough alt sweetlings the /view/ page finally says 'Sweetling' instead of being blank.

I didn't know that. Hmm -- now I wonder if I gave the wrong answer and spriter alts do behave that way, too. Anyone know? I never noticed.

Several of us unlocked the Caligene alts at one point - and they appeared in the encyclopaedia. But not for long :(. But yes - if I look at MOST SAs the breed doesn't show. When I view an alt Caligene it has the breed link.

Hey, Newbie here.

Do you think we will get something like the Alt Sweetlings again? Or that they might make a Comeback?

Spriters Alt and their kins seem generally quite popular, I love them too, but it seems basically impossible to catch a 2g Alt, and I do understand that many Spriters don't have the time to fulfill the wishes of every player. I'm just thinking it would be super awesome if there was a possibility to get something like that too.

@nordanaAlt Sweetlings will most definitely not make a comeback. Because the spriter wants them to be special, and keeps her stance. I also don't think that TJ will ever open that kind of Pandora's box ever again, with all the drama we've had about black Sweetlings and the various Snow Angels, so I think it's highly unlikely we'll ever get scroll-coded alts ever again.

Edited by olympe