Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

As usual, TJ is the only one who knows for sure and  I doubt he will announce it ahead of time. I expect it to be a regular holiday feature from now on, but I have been wrong many times before when trying to predict TJ. ;) 

25 minutes ago, Oddsoxdi said:

Will we be able to get CB past Halloweens this year?

Probably, considering this has been going on for all three holiday seasons. (Can you imagine the ****storm happening here if  we won't get old holidays this year?) But there's no guarantee.

1 minute ago, NemesisKismet said:

Is there anything that can be done about inappropriate codes?

Nope. There are many players who collect them, though, if you wish to pass them on.

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

Nope. There are many players who collect them, though, if you wish to pass them on.

yeah no... definitely not comfortable enough with this code for even collectors.

6 minutes ago, NemesisKismet said:

yeah no... definitely not comfortable enough with this code for even collectors.

Well, in-game your options are basically keep it, drop it to the AP, gift or trade it to someone, bite it, or kill it.

15 minutes ago, NemesisKismet said:

If the code in question is on your scroll, you can kill it (via the kill action, as biting the egg has a chance of "repulsing" and returning it to the AP) and wait 2 weeks for the eggshell to be removed from your scroll, or you can raise it to adulthood and then release the dragon. The latter method is probably better as killing eggs does have a tiny chance of hatching it instead, and the hatchling may run away to the AP. 

Randomness: How do you pronounce Nhiostrife? There are multiple DC breeds that I'm probably pronouncing the wrong way, but that one especially confuses me.

10 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Randomness: How do you pronounce Nhiostrife? There are multiple DC breeds that I'm probably pronouncing the wrong way, but that one especially confuses me.

Nhio = Neo. strife = strife (like the word, pronounced normally).

It might be intended to be two long I's instead of a long E followed by a long I, but that's how I've been saying it.

8 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Thanks TJ!

According to the wikia, this has been confirmed by Birdzgoboom (the forum post it is referring to is inaccessible now though):

"(Quoting SockPuppet Strangler: I personally pronounce it as "neo-strife".)

Dis is the correct pronunciation. ^

It's actually pronounced "Darude - Sandstorm," but "neo-strife" is okay too."

Considering all these unwritten rules for the trading hub, I'm almost afraid to ask for unwritten rules on dragon names. The topmost adults on my scroll are named this:

also called olympe on the boards          
I breed most stuff on request          
Feel free to send me a PM          
  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo          

I've had these names for years now, and I'm almost afraid to ask: Is this even allowed right now???

Edited by olympe

1 minute ago, olympe said:

Considering all these unwritten rules for the trading hub, I'm almost afraid to ask for unwritten rules on dragon names. The topmost adults on my scroll are named this:

https://dragcave.net/images/Jkdm.png also called olympe on the boards          
https://dragcave.net/images/FgJo.png I breed most stuff on request          
https://dragcave.net/images/FgJo.png Feel free to send me a PM          
https://dragcave.net/images/FgJo.png xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo          

I've had these names for years now, and I'm almost afraid to ask: Is this even allowed right now???

As far as I know that's fine - someone else asked the same thing here. But it's a good question and I'm kinda hoping TJ will pop in on it.

Thanks for the answer. I hope the other mods see it the same way... 

3 minutes ago, Flaviel said:

A joke egg owned by TJ that doesn't actually exist. It is unobtainable for the rest of us :)

I see... The thing that confused me the most is it's date - Aug 06, 2018.

3 minutes ago, Helel said:

I see... The thing that confused me the most is it's date - Aug 06, 2018.

That one constantly comes back as another one of four colours once it hatches or dies. So even though it was "released" years ago it has been reborn today for another time. The circle is endless :lol:

Try this one, too: dragcave.net/view/<3 Only this one doesn't change color.

Or... dragcave.net/view/IHOP Old joke, that one.

Edited by olympe

31 minutes ago, Flaviel said:

That one constantly comes back as another one of four colours once it hatches or dies. So even though it was "released" years ago it has been reborn today for another time. The circle is endless :lol:

Ah-ha-ha, thanks for explaining it! :)

1 hour ago, olympe said:

Try this one, too: dragcave.net/view/❤️ Only this one doesn't change color.

Or... dragcave.net/view/IHOP Old joke, that one.

Thanks a bunch for the pancakes!😄

I never knew that one existed.  Cracked right up!😄

I just noticed that I can now see the lineage of one of my fogged hatchies.  The hatchie itself is fogged, but not the parents.  Does anyone know when this changed?

Been that way for a little bit,  can't remember how long ago it was I noticed it.

43 minutes ago, Imzadi said:

I just noticed that I can now see the lineage of one of my fogged hatchies.  The hatchie itself is fogged, but not the parents.  Does anyone know when this changed?

Late July? Somewhere around the second July release.

3 hours ago, Imzadi said:

I suspect this one has to do with your observation: