Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Can Guardians of Nature not breed with each other?

I have a male and female GoN, used fertility, did everything right... and still got a refusal.

I didn't know fertility could fail and now I'm bummed, hopefully I'll be able to summon another GoN soon if it's possible to breed them :(

12 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

I have a male and female GoN, used fertility, did everything right... and still got a refusal.

I didn't know fertility could fail and now I'm bummed, hopefully I'll be able to summon another GoN soon if it's possible to breed them :(

You can't breed them together. GONs can never breed more GONs. Good luck on your summoning! 

They will always refuse when bred with another GoN.

GoNs will refuse everything that is of Neutral elemental affinity and cannot reproduce itself right now (Sinomorphs are an exception because they breed Zyus).

That means other GoNs always, as well as Sweetlings, Heartseekers and Heartstealings outside of Valentine's. These are the only holidays affected, as far as I can tell.

They also used to refuse Frills, but since their re-introduction, that's not an issue anymore - they'll just breed more Frills only.

When I try to add images from the wiki to my wishlist, they're made bigger and get all blurry. Why is this happening, and how can I fix it?

4 minutes ago, Ariento said:

When I try to add images from the wiki to my wishlist, they're made bigger and get all blurry. Why is this happening, and how can I fix it?

In the image URL, turn the https into http. I don't know why the secure connection does that.

13 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

In the image URL, turn the https into http. I don't know why the secure connection does that.

Thank you, that worked!

Does anyone recall a thread that's partially a Yulebuck database and partially a Yulebuck gifting group? I swear I saw something of the sort, but can't find it by searching for it. That, or I remember it from a dream. XD

Edited by coo_

42 minutes ago, coo_ said:

Does anyone recall a thread that's partially a Yulebuck database and partially a Yulebuck gifting group? I swear I saw something of the sort, but can't find it by searching for it. That, or I remember it from a dream. XD

Sounds like you're looking for:

Or for Christmas Dragons:

Edited by rinoa26

Hmm I remember it was specific to Yules. I could be making this up, though. Thanks for the help anyways!

3 hours ago, anetofstars said:

Why does this show Valentine's Day info when it should be Christmas?

Something about the forum upgrade messed up the first posts of a lot the old news threads. A lot of the first posts are just blank, including Valentine's Day 2017. So I'm guessing that the upgrade is somehow to blame.

On 5.12.2017 at 6:35 AM, Alrexwolf said:

On a side note, fertility CAN fail. I've already had a refusal right after using it. Then again, Turps are a law unto themselves.

1 hour ago, Fly-by-Night said:

On a side note, fertility CAN fail. I've already had a refusal right after using it. Then again, Turps are a law unto themselves.

Yeah, the only refusal I have ever had after fertility was a Turpentine! They are stubborn breeders at best!

14 hours ago, songwithnosoul said:

Something about the forum upgrade messed up the first posts of a lot the old news threads. A lot of the first posts are just blank, including Valentine's Day 2017. So I'm guessing that the upgrade is somehow to blame.

Thanks for the info--too sad that it affected the news posts. Could they not be corrected?

So uh ... Alt Undines. How rare are they compared to alt Vine and alt Black? And, the question that's really bugging me... Are they meant to be gold or yellow? I sincerely can't tell.

30 minutes ago, Lurhstaap said:

So uh ... Alt Undines. How rare are they compared to alt Vine and alt Black? And, the question that's really bugging me... Are they meant to be gold or yellow? I sincerely can't tell.

They look yellow to me. And I've always found it much easier to breed alt undines than it is black or vine alts.

32 minutes ago, Lurhstaap said:

They seem to be slightly more common than Alt Blacks and Vines. They look yellow on my screen. The dragcave wiki says yellow too. 

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Undine_Dragon

Edit: :ph34r:

Edited by The Dragoness

On 6.12.2017 at 8:48 PM, Lurhstaap said:

I breed Undines on a regular basis (currently working on a 10th gen with all dragons on my scroll, so I usually have an Undine or two growing up on my scroll), and I'd say I get an alt a bit more often than at every 10th breeding attempt. I'm nowhere near that with Blacks. Vines are pretty close to Undines so far, but I haven't got that many and can, therefore, not offer statistically relevant data.

Quick question regarding the Stun BSA:

When you incubate an egg, although it gets a day removed, the age stays the same (because that's why you shouldn't put it in hatcheries). So if you stun a hatchling, does its age also remain same? Does it mean it could gender sooner? For example, if I stun a hatchling at 5 days, making it 6 days - and it would've gendered at 4 days, would it gender at 5 days stunned?

(I hope the question makes sense :lol:)

Yeah, "sooner" doesn't make much sense there - gendering at 4 days happens 3 days after hatching. Gendering at 5 days with stun is still 3 days after hatching (provided it even has collected enough stats - no views while stunned, after all, only clicks for 2 days). Typically, the hatchling would need more time, to make up for the missed stats, but it could still gender with a higher time-left counter than without stun (if you stun early enough, as some hatcheries try to make up for lack of stats by showing it more often - you can stun as early as 7 days, making it 8 days. Alternatively, if you stun late enough to allow it to collect stats beforehand, it may just gender without further ado when the right time hits).

Edited by Ruby Eyes

If you want your hatchlings to gender sooner you'll mostly want to give them significantly more views - just be careful not to get them sick. 

Edited by Tehya Faye

50 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Oooh! When did leetle trees become nameable?

It's been a while.  I don't remember an announcement, but someone posted it after noticing it.

July.

Edited by Imzadi