Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I'm I just having incredibly bad luck, or is breeding success way down today?  Out of 35 breedings I have had 15 no interest results! These are dragons I have successfully bred many times before and they are all different breeds. I have had some bad days before, but really? Almost half failed?

I've had some unusually poor breeding results this week too (lots of no egg/no interest). I wonder if dragons also feel exhausted during the winter Holidays blitz. XD

is manual sort working for anyone else, I haven't been able to save my sort for the past few days

I press the save button, it stays blue for a second or 2 and then does nothing

Yep, works for me, with ~7500 creatures to sort.

Try clearing cache and reloading? Restarting your browser may also help.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Any word on a Nov release? It's kind of the last day, LOL

also, I had 9 refusals in a row on various pygmy dragons, so yeah, WOW something is different.

Seems unlikely at this point that we will get a November release. In fact, even if it came tonight it would be a December release. But TJ never warns us ahead of time, so no one knows any more than you do! :unsure:

So, now that it seems I'm back... anyone have any ideas on keeping track off your lineages and dragon mates without using spreadsheets? Kinda hate the sheets XD

15 minutes ago, PointOfOrigin said:

So, now that it seems I'm back... anyone have any ideas on keeping track off your lineages and dragon mates without using spreadsheets? Kinda hate the sheets XD

Groups and naming Example The dragons with an 'x' at the end are the ones I still need offspring of. I have about a 3 digit number worth of breeding groups.

Also this got recently created after I bred everything that had a perfect mate. They get kicked out when I managed to get a mate.

3 minutes ago, herk said:

Groups and naming Example The dragons with an 'x' at the end are the ones I still need offspring of. I have about a 3 digit number worth of breeding groups.

Also this got recently created after I bred everything that had a perfect mate. They get kicked out when I managed to get a mate.

Ohhhh, didn't even know we have that. That's great for keeping track of projects, just need to think of a way to keep track of mates then :D

1 minute ago, PointOfOrigin said:

Ohhhh, didn't even know we have that. That's great for keeping track of projects, just need to think of a way to keep track of mates then :D

Since mates sort to the top of possible breeding partners I never found that much of a problem except for cases where I needed to switch because of refusals. Also the groups have their very own sorting so you can put them together in their group :D

Groups are TEH BEST.

13 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Yep, works for me, with ~7500 creatures to sort.

Try clearing cache and reloading? Restarting your browser may also help.

tried all that, still the same

just tried it in chrome and it worked

manual sort is not working for me in IE

Edited by InugamiZERO

Just a couple of quick questions... First off, if two dragons successfully breed at some point does that mean that they will never refuse each other in future breeding attempts? Also, as someone who has yet to even attempt creating an Undead Dragon, if you successfully make a Zombie hatchling will it grow into an adult if it isn't frozen? I know that may seem like a stupid question, but they aren't exactly alive so I wasn't sure.

Thanks in advance!

2 minutes ago, Satospes said:

Just a couple of quick questions... First off, if two dragons successfully breed at some point does that mean that they will never refuse each other in future breeding attempts? Also, as someone who has yet to even attempt creating an Undead Dragon, if you successfully make a Zombie hatchling will it grow into an adult if it isn't frozen? I know that may seem like a stupid question, but they aren't exactly alive so I wasn't sure.

Thanks in advance!

1) In most circumstances, dragons will never refuse once they've successfully bred once. However, if the pair has only been bred during a holiday, when refusals are turned off, they may refuse the first time they're bred outside of a holiday.

2) Not a stupid question! They remain hatchlings and are auto-frozen. And it doesn't take up a freeze slot, either.

Just now, songwithnosoul said:

1) In most circumstances, dragons will never refuse once they've successfully bred once. However, if the pair has only been bred during a holiday, when refusals are turned off, they may refuse the first time they're bred outside of a holiday.

2) Not a stupid question! They remain hatchlings and are auto-frozen. And it doesn't take up a freeze slot, either.

Thanks for the fast reply! Follow-up question, what are freeze slots? Haha

Just now, Satospes said:

Thanks for the fast reply! Follow-up question, what are freeze slots? Haha

It's the term we use to refer to the number of times you can freeze a hatchling in two weeks. If you can freeze 10 hatchlings in a two-week period, you have ten freeze "slots". If you freeze a hatchling, you use a "slot" and it is unavailable for two weeks. So, if you have a limit of freezing 10 hatchlings in 2 weeks and have already frozen 4, you have used 4 "slots" and have 6 left. So what I meant to say re: zombies is that when the hatchlings are automatically frozen it doesn't have the same effect as if you used the freeze action yourself. It doesn't count against the number of freeze actions you have available and there's no two-week cooldown.

14 minutes ago, songwithnosoul said:

It's the term we use to refer to the number of times you can freeze a hatchling in two weeks. If you can freeze 10 hatchlings in a two-week period, you have ten freeze "slots". If you freeze a hatchling, you use a "slot" and it is unavailable for two weeks. So, if you have a limit of freezing 10 hatchlings in 2 weeks and have already frozen 4, you have used 4 "slots" and have 6 left. So what I meant to say re: zombies is that when the hatchlings are automatically frozen it doesn't have the same effect as if you used the freeze action yourself. It doesn't count against the number of freeze actions you have available and there's no two-week cooldown.

Ah, I see! Thanks for educating me. :)

9 minutes ago, Luxrayx said:

When does Christmas breeding usually start?

Last year's schedule can be found here:

5 hours ago, Luxrayx said:

When does Christmas breeding usually start?

It's been December 19 - 25 for several years in a row, and I doubt this year will be an exception.

Edited by Miral

Tiny question..

How or where is the link the the technoized or whatever it's called chat box for dc? I've only been able to get into it when the site is down for maintenance cause then the link is right there on that page. Now I can't seem to find it anywhere. >.>

edit:

so sorry to waste a post I just found it under the Help section. <.<

Edited by TerraAnne

If you hit a refusal with a holiday out of season, will it breed with the refused mate IN season ? or if it already refused have I HAD it ?

2 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

If you hit a refusal with a holiday out of season, will it breed with the refused mate IN season ? or if it already refused have I HAD it ?

You can breed in season. It shows up at the very bottom of the list of breedable dragons. 

WHEW ! Then I shall go breed the OTHER pair to get the mate I need ! Thanks !

29 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

WHEW ! Then I shall go breed the OTHER pair to get the mate I need ! Thanks !

You're welcome! There used to be an issue where you had to go to the other mate first, but I think that has been fixed as well. I know that all of my refused dragons were available to breed during Halloween.