Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

@priscel

From the DC Wiki:

The color of a Copper egg depends on these factors:

• The biome the CB Copper egg was picked up from.
  •  Male Copper x any CB female dragon = Egg color of its mother's biome.
    • If the mother has no biome (bred dragon) or was caught BEFORE the biomes were added (June 10, 2011), it will be the color of the Copper father.
  •  CB Female Copper x any male dragon = Egg color of the female Copper.

In other words, it seems that you could probably get a green Copper from a rainbow or brown one if the Copper is male and the mother is from the Coast or Jungle.

@Wookieinmashoo

Even after creating the group, the dragons will still be sorted alphabetically by code, not according to your scroll order. I don't think there's a way to make the dragon selection go in scroll order right now, unfortunately. You can at least narrow it down to Magi by typing that in the filter box, but I'm guessing you already know that. Sorry. :/

Edited by songwithnosoul

1 hour ago, songwithnosoul said:

@priscel

From the DC Wiki:

In other words, it seems that you could probably get a green Copper from a rainbow or brown one if the Copper is male and the mother is from the Coast or Jungle.

@Wookieinmashoo

Even after creating the group, the dragons will still be sorted alphabetically by code, not according to your scroll order. I don't think there's a way to make the dragon selection go in scroll order right now, unfortunately. You can at least narrow it down to Magi by typing that in the filter box, but I'm guessing you already know that. Sorry. :/

Ok, thanks!

The purple and blue Nebbies were the original Nebulae. Theoretically, the red and green variety could be called alts, but as far as I recall, TJ stated that they aren't actually alts - at least not in the usual sense of "rare alternate forms".

On 14/10/2017 at 1:19 AM, purplehaze said:

No, it seems that two red Spinels bred together will always give red Spinel. You need to breed the red Spinel with an earth element dragon to get a green one, and apparently the red ones are not earth element dragons.

I thought I might correct this by saying it should be possible to get a green Spinel from a Violet x Violet pair. I believe TCA confirmed this in the news thread but even if not, they are listed as being Earth element dragons anyway, so breeding them together counts as "breeding with an earth element dragon". I think the confusion stems from the fact that even if breeding with an earth element dragon, it's still only a chance to obtain a green egg i.e. you can still get violet eggs from earth element pairings.

5 hours ago, bluesonic1 said:

I thought I might correct this by saying it should be possible to get a green Spinel from a Violet x Violet pair. I believe TCA confirmed this in the news thread but even if not, they are listed as being Earth element dragons anyway, so breeding them together counts as "breeding with an earth element dragon". I think the confusion stems from the fact that even if breeding with an earth element dragon, it's still only a chance to obtain a green egg i.e. you can still get violet eggs from earth element pairings.

Thank you for the correction. I posted that before the encyclopedia info came out. And no, TCA never confirmed that the red Spinels were earth element dragons, only the green. There was speculation in the release thread that the red ones could be a different element and that was neither confirmed or denied by TCA.

Has anyone actually bred a green from two reds? I hope it is possible and it seems it should be, but I have not seen one, yet.

Edited by purplehaze

15 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Thank you for the correction. I posted that before the encyclopedia info came out. And no, TCA never confirmed that the red Spinels were earth element dragons, only the green. There was speculation in the release thread that the red ones could be a different element and that was neither confirmed or denied by TCA.

Has anyone actually bred a green from two reds? I hope it is possible and it seems it should be, but I have not seen one, yet.

Ah you're right, I knew something was mentioned but wasn't sure what- confirmation was given on green x green being able to produce green. I just tried violet x violet and got violet, could be that I'm late to the party though but will keep trying :P I really hope we can get green from violet x violet pairs too!

13 minutes ago, bluesonic1 said:

Ah you're right, I knew something was mentioned but wasn't sure what- confirmation was given on green x green being able to produce green. I just tried violet x violet and got violet, could be that I'm late to the party though but will keep trying :P I really hope we can get green from violet x violet pairs too!

I just tried 3 pairs myself and all bred the red (violet) variant egg.

not sure if this is on purpose or not but

duotone description 

"Because of their dual personalities, Duotone Dragons are extremely nervous and indecisive. When confronted, it is often the case that one head wants to fight, while the other wants to run, resulting in the dragon trying to go in two directions at once. They are omnivorous, choosing to eat both vegetation and meat—although perhaps this is just another outcome of their indecisiveness.

Both heads can control the body, with each head having only marginal control on the opposing side of the body; this works when both halves want the same thing, but does not work as well when there is a disagreement. Despite this, Duotone Dragons can fly quite well, but can crash through the trees if one head becomes distracted.

Duotone Dragons can fight, using their large claws and heavy face plates to rend and bash their opponents."

Shouldnt it be 

"Because of their dual personalities, Duotone Dragons are extremely nervous and indecisive. When confronted, it is often the case that one head wants to fight, while the other wants to run, resulting in the dragon trying to go in two directions at once. They are omnivorous, choosing to eat both vegetation and meat—although perhaps this is just another outcome of their indecisiveness. Duotone Dragons can fight, using their large claws and heavy face plates to rend and bash their opponents."

Both heads can control the body, with each head having only marginal control on the opposing side of the body; this works when both halves want the same thing, but does not work as well when there is a disagreement. Despite this, Duotone Dragons can fly quite well, but can crash through the trees if one head becomes distracted."

?

3 hours ago, CellyBean said:

not sure if this is on purpose or not but

duotone description 

"Because of their dual personalities, Duotone Dragons are extremely nervous and indecisive. When confronted, it is often the case that one head wants to fight, while the other wants to run, resulting in the dragon trying to go in two directions at once. They are omnivorous, choosing to eat both vegetation and meat—although perhaps this is just another outcome of their indecisiveness.

Both heads can control the body, with each head having only marginal control on the opposing side of the body; this works when both halves want the same thing, but does not work as well when there is a disagreement. Despite this, Duotone Dragons can fly quite well, but can crash through the trees if one head becomes distracted.

Duotone Dragons can fight, using their large claws and heavy face plates to rend and bash their opponents."

Shouldnt it be 

"Because of their dual personalities, Duotone Dragons are extremely nervous and indecisive. When confronted, it is often the case that one head wants to fight, while the other wants to run, resulting in the dragon trying to go in two directions at once. They are omnivorous, choosing to eat both vegetation and meat—although perhaps this is just another outcome of their indecisiveness. Duotone Dragons can fight, using their large claws and heavy face plates to rend and bash their opponents."

Both heads can control the body, with each head having only marginal control on the opposing side of the body; this works when both halves want the same thing, but does not work as well when there is a disagreement. Despite this, Duotone Dragons can fly quite well, but can crash through the trees if one head becomes distracted."

?

Maybe ask that in the Grammar Patrol thread? :huh:

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/111068-grammar-patrol/

I've been seeing their egg description in the cave from time to time while I've been hunting this past week, although I haven't picked any up or anything. I took a quick look at a hatchery and saw a handful, both CB and bred. They might just be getting less common as they've been out for a few months and the ratios have settled?

Thanks Song! Maybe I've just been unlucky.

If I send a PM and then delete it before the other person reads it, will they no longer receive it? I sent someone a thank you PM and then cleared my inbox, but I'm scared doing so might have destroyed it!

The other person still has it unless you explicitly remove them from the conversation first. (I got your PM even though you probably didn't mean me ;) but it showed you had left the conversation already.)

They might still have a copy in their email though, if they have email notification enabled.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

4 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

The other person still has it unless you explicitly remove them from the conversation first. (I got your PM even though you probably didn't mean me ;) but it showed you had left the conversation already.)

They might still have a copy in their email though, if they have email notification enabled.

Oh phew, thanks Ruby :D <3 

I was wondering where did my black zyumorph egg go after I caught it, I went to look at my scroll and it's not there, refreshed a few times and then it still didn't appear, but the scroll says 14 growing dragons from 13 which means the black Zyu is somewhere in my scroll, and when I go to active transfers I can see it, does anyone know how do I get to see my egg or fix this issue?

Edit: I can see it now, but that was slightly weird...

Edited by ColeJay55555

I see two black Zyumorph eggs right at the bottom of your scroll, one of which is CB and has 7 days left. I guess you must be able to see only one? I have to admit, I've never heard of such a thing happening. If you've searched your entire scroll and can't see it, that's a glitch you should probably report in its own thread. Meanwhile, you could try saving its /view page link, so at least you have that on hand? Since you can see it in the Teleport menu you can at least get its code.

Did I miss an announcement somewhen? I just named my Leetle Tree. When did that option become available? I checked the News forum back around 18 months and saw nothing about it.

12 minutes ago, Cinnamin Draconna said:

Did I miss an announcement somewhen? I just named my Leetle Tree. When did that option become available? I checked the News forum back around 18 months and saw nothing about it.

Everyone found out about it through a site discussion thread called Leetle Tree Naming, it was never news announced. That thread was made 21 July.

Thanks! I don't always check that forum unless I'm looking for something specific. Would have thought that this would have been worthy of a News post. Oh well.

7 hours ago, ColeJay55555 said:

I was wondering where did my black zyumorph egg go after I caught it, I went to look at my scroll and it's not there, refreshed a few times and then it still didn't appear, but the scroll says 14 growing dragons from 13 which means the black Zyu is somewhere in my scroll, and when I go to active transfers I can see it, does anyone know how do I get to see my egg or fix this issue?

Edit: I can see it now, but that was slightly weird...

You probably have adblock activated, I would guess. Image names for creatures on scrolls (not on their view page) are randomized regularly, and sometimes one ends up with "ad" in it which triggers adblock to fire. You can add an exception rule for

@@||dragcave.net/images/*

to avoid that.

On 15.10.2017 at 10:07 PM, Ruby Eyes said:

The purple and blue Nebbies were the original Nebulae. Theoretically, the red and green variety could be called alts, but as far as I recall, TJ stated that they aren't actually alts - at least not in the usual sense of "rare alternate forms".

Thanks for the response - I actually didn't know that the purple and blue ones were the original ones, but I can definitely see it now since the coloration of the egg matches the purple adult really well.

Is there any way to delete multiple PMs at once? My inbox is a mess, but I really hate having to check through each and every message,

Probably 25th of October. Keep your eyes out on the News section - it will be announced there.