Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 hour ago, EscapistLore said:

So...erm.......

I'm back after a very long break. Neat new forums, cool, liking it... but... uhh. There was a profile notepad in the old forums that had my alt list on it. Is it gone for good, or how do I get to it? XD

Go to your profile and click on edit profile. You will see the bottom section says Private and under that is Notepad, which should still have all your old notes intact.

Just now, purplehaze said:

Go to your profile and click on edit profile. You will see the bottom section says Private and under that is Notepad, which should still have all your old notes intact.

You are a wonderful person and deserve freshly coded e-cookies.

19 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Sometimes (like, randomly), the graveyard is only visible when you're logged out and not when logged it, and sometimes it's the other way round. At least it gives a proper narrated message instead of a "page not found" error like the wilderness.

Oh I've tried logged in and out, at different hours on different days for almost a week now. Keeps giving me the same message about nothing being available :/ Very frustrating as the wiki is currently missing a dead egg Bauta sprite! Should I be PM'ing TJ about this, considering it seems to work for others just not me?? I don't know what I could be doing wrong.

@bluesonic1 I am not seeing it right now whether logged in or out. I haven't tried it before, recently, though.

3 hours ago, bluesonic1 said:

Oh I've tried logged in and out, at different hours on different days for almost a week now. Keeps giving me the same message about nothing being available :/ Very frustrating as the wiki is currently missing a dead egg Bauta sprite! Should I be PM'ing TJ about this, considering it seems to work for others just not me?? I don't know what I could be doing wrong.

Well, um, here's the egg sprite at least https://dragcave.net/images/nXa3.gif

I've never expected the graveyard to work reliably, and it hasn't worked for me since you've brought it up.

Oh I didn't know that :(

I've never added to the wiki before but I went and did what you said.

Seeing as someone else has commented similar to me, I'll send a message to TJ just in case (it still hasn't worked all of today, logged in or out). Thanks so much for uploading Mangrit :wub: (And Ruby Eyes for the help!)

16 minutes ago, SlowHornpipe172 said:

can Xyumorphs breed to produce different versions or do they always breed true?

Yes, they can breed other types.

2 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

Yes, they can breed other types.

Do you have an example? I have bred a lot of them, and I never got a different one.

(Assuming you are both talking about Zyumorphs and not Xenowyrms...?)

1 hour ago, Confused Cat said:

Do you have an example? I have bred a lot of them, and I never got a different one.

(Assuming you are both talking about Zyumorphs and not Xenowyrms...?)

I assumed @SlowHornpipe172 meant Xenos. In the case of Zyumorphs, I don't think they can produce other types at all, even when bred with Sinomorphs or Celestials. 

On 10.10.2017 at 9:35 PM, Wookieinmashoo said:

I haven't really bothered trying groups out but I'm currently trying to figure it out. I'm wanting to put all my CB magis in a group together but for some reason, the order of the dragons (where I can select them) is completely random. Is there a way to get the dragons to sort how I have them on my scroll so I can have an easier time finding them?

I have a sort option on top but i did not test it. If you go to account and then group and then click on the group i sae edit and then Custom Sort (maybe because i use a custom sort...).

Hope that helps!

I don't think revivals work that way. If I recall correctly AND things didn't change in the meantime, you get to keep the hatchling, but of course you won't be able to pick up anything new until you're unlocked again.

7 minutes ago, chatbugdweeb said:

when do halloween eggs begin to drop? does TJ announce it?

A week before Halloween, and yes there will an announcement.  Also other goodies...stay tuned.

1 hour ago, chatbugdweeb said:

when do halloween eggs begin to drop? does TJ announce it?

Breeding of previous years' Halloween dragons begins a week before Halloween, so the AP will fill with bred eggs from those dragons.

For 24 hours on Halloween the new Halloween eggs will drop exclusively in all biomes.

Edited by purplehaze

How do descriptions work?

I remember from awhile ago, you type a description and then it doesn't show up on the dragon's page until a mod approves it.

Recently, I've been pretty sure I've seen the descriptions on my dragons appear on their page even if they're not approved. Possibly only I can see them until they're approved. 

But I just added a new description, and now it seems like its back to the old way and I can't see it. 

So how do descriptions actually work? 

44 minutes ago, Twimm said:

How do descriptions work?

I remember from awhile ago, you type a description and then it doesn't show up on the dragon's page until a mod approves it.

Recently, I've been pretty sure I've seen the descriptions on my dragons appear on their page even if they're not approved. Possibly only I can see them until they're approved. 

But I just added a new description, and now it seems like its back to the old way and I can't see it. 

So how do descriptions actually work? 

It depends on your setting. If you choose "show me pending descriptions" you can see pending descriptions (even if they're not yours) IF they have a high enough rating with the users. So someone has to have seen it and given it a thumbs up (or three). I think with your own it might be independent of your setting.

Some users who have in the past proven that they review with a good track record in their judgement can make descrips appear for those with the right setting all on their own.

But still the descrip needs SOMEONE to have given the descrip their approval - which then gets permanent if a mod approves.

atm the pending description queue is pretty short so it might even be that your descrips get modded really quickly ;) Thanks to Earth Gurl

Edited by herk

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Can you get the green spinel from red spinel x red spinel yet?

No, it seems that two red Spinels bred together will always give red Spinel. You need to breed the red Spinel with an earth element dragon to get a green one, and apparently the red ones are not earth element dragons.

On 10/11/2017 at 5:49 PM, Tigerkralle said:

I have a sort option on top but i did not test it. If you go to account and then group and then click on the group i sae edit and then Custom Sort (maybe because i use a custom sort...).

Hope that helps!

I'm not really sure I follow. DO I need to go ahead and make the group and then have more options then?

@Ruby Eyes

That really sucks. Hopefully that can change in the future because as of right now it would take way to long to sort anything and I really want to start grouping dragons.

17 hours ago, Wookieinmashoo said:

I'm not really sure I follow. DO I need to go ahead and make the group and then have more options then?

Yes, after creating a group or groups you can give each one its own sorting setting.