Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

How do I turn off Notifications PERMANENTLY. I've already turned everything off that I can think of and find controls for, but the damn things keep popping up and they are driving me insane.

The popup ones at the bottom ? It's not only the forum, it's also browser related. Even if you tell the forum you don't want to see them, your browser knows they are there and over-rides your forum setting. (well, that's happening to me in Pale Moon anyway.) It's infuriating - I agree.

Thanks for the heads up about the browser settings... Windows 10 is new to me and I didn't know that it could override site settings. Hopefully, I have this fixed now.

Cinn - I am on XP like you were recently (I will NEVER get Windows 10 - I am as we speak having a future proofed machine built to my specs on win 7. I am old enough that it will see me out - and if it doesn't - I'm going LInux.!). But most browsers still update.

Maybe I'm losing my mind, but I'm missing a dragon.  I had its name written in my breeding notebook (no spreadsheets for me, I'm all analog haha), I remember the decision process in choosing its name, and I can't think why I'd have released it.  Is such a thing known to happen?

5 hours ago, SlyFox said:

I'm unable to enter the raffle. The thing that looks like a button doesn't push in. It keeps saying not to forget to enter the raffle, but nothing happens when I click on it. Anyone else have this problem?

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

It should say:

Entry Requirements Raise 3/3 adult dragons

If it says 0/3, 1/3, or 2/3 then you haven't raised enough dragons yet.

If you haven't raised 3 yet the button will be inoperable.

It took awhile for my 3rd adult to register, though. In fact, by the time it did I had two more that had grown, so I'm not sure which ones counted.

This is the correct answer. It looks like you're still at 0/3, so the button is grayed out and disabled.

9 hours ago, purplehaze said:

It should say:

Entry Requirements Raise 3/3 adult dragons

If it says 0/3, 1/3, or 2/3 then you haven't raised enough dragons yet.

If you haven't raised 3 yet the button will be inoperable.

It took awhile for my 3rd adult to register, though. In fact, by the time it did I had two more that had grown, so I'm not sure which ones counted.

Ah, I see! That makes sense then. I worried that I broke my button. XD  Thanks so much for the reply.

Yes, I get the "An error has occurred" tombstone.

1 minute ago, FoxintheBox said:

DC broke for anyone else?

Yes. It's down for me as well.

2 minutes ago, Snowbloom said:

I get an error message too, along with the tombstone image

Same. Just started, I refreshed about 5 minutes ago and everything was fine.

Three or four months.

It's odd; when the cave is down for maintenance I USED to get "Down for maintenance; please visit the forums" or something - not an error page.

It doesn't seem to be maintenance. I get that error on my /dragons/ page, but not on viewing lineages.

View page is broken, too. Probably because it also requires access to account data?

Encyclopedia is broken.

Account Settings, Action Log, Groups is NOT broken, but viewing a group's members is broken.

I can use Teleport to look at my growing things indirectly XD

I can even breed if I manually go to the dragon's /actions/ page.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Oh wow - MAYbe I can dump that egg I don't want....

Yes - I'm with you - I think it's broken. (And I can't get in through ANY of those back doors :( )

Edited by fuzzbucket

If it's a growing and unhidden thing (and your scroll is unhidden, too), you can get its code from any fansite and access its /actions/ page from there.

Nothing works for me, not lineage views or actions or groups. I have one egg on my scroll that needs to be influenced before it grows up, but luckily it's still 6 hours away and I hope that this problem will be sorted out before that. 

I have all my codes in a database. (yes, geek, so hit me !) No I can't access them - not as actions or anything. But yes I can see my things in a fansite. And I can't access their pages - any of them - from there either. But that does mean it's broken; when the cave is down just for maintenance, the fan sites can't see it either.

Hours later. Has this been reported ? do we know ? Mods ??

Just now, songwithnosoul said:

It looks like an adult bronze Lunar Herald Dragon to me.

Seems like the Bronze Herald and Mint sprites were overlapping. I cleared my cache and it's fine now though. Thanks!

Does anyone know where to find the guidelines for bad words in dragon names and/or codes? I know there used to be a thread for name approvals, but I can't find it anywhere.