Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I recall back in the day, multiple eggs were fairly common when breeding. I remember where parents A & B would have three eggs and we could choose which one(s) we wanted to keep. Now, all I ever get is a single egg when breeding.

Do multiple eggs ever happen when breeding anymore?

I recall back in the day, multiple eggs were fairly common when breeding. I remember where parents A & B would have three eggs and we could choose which one(s) we wanted to keep. Now, all I ever get is a single egg when breeding.

Do multiple eggs ever happen when breeding anymore?

Not for normal breedings, sadly. They can still happen during holiday breeding, but you can only get holiday eggs from them. These will either be all of the holiday breed in a holiday x non holiday cross or a random mix of holidays in a holiday x holiday cross (provided, of course, both are breeds from the same holiday--like marrow x shadow walker)

Special dragons like Valentine, Halloween and Holdiday (Christmas) dragons.

They can breed only one egg up to four eggs.

Does anyone know of a good online pixel color counting tool/website where you can slap an image URL and it will tell you how many colors are in it and show you all the colors it has?

What's the amount of views a bronze tinsel needs to get it's wings?

My little baby has 5 days, 10 hrs with 7,000+ views. I'm not all that concerned, I just want to know.

I've heard from serious dragon raisers that tinsels have a tendency to get a bug that slows their development (and sometimes kills the baby) I've also seen it on the wiki but I can't find the page now. Is this true?

Does anyone know of a good online pixel color counting tool/website where you can slap an image URL and it will tell you how many colors are in it and show you all the colors it has?

Closest thing I can think of is http://www.piskelapp.com/

What's the amount of views a bronze tinsel needs to get it's wings?

My little baby has 5 days, 10 hrs with 7,000+ views. I'm not all that concerned, I just want to know.

I've heard from serious dragon raisers that tinsels have a tendency to get a bug that slows their development (and sometimes kills the baby) I've also seen it on the wiki but I can't find the page now. Is this true?

There is no specific number. Each dragon is different. Tinsels generally take more views than other dragons to hatch and then to grow up. If they are pushed too hard by trying to accumulate more views for them quickly then they tend to get sick even when they are low time or ER. That is just their nature. Otherwise I know nothing of any bug that can kill them.

There is no specific number. Each dragon is different. Tinsels generally take more views than other dragons to hatch and then to grow up. If they are pushed too hard by trying to accumulate more views for them quickly then they tend to get sick even when they are low time or ER. That is just their nature. Otherwise I know nothing of any bug that can kill them.

Oh, okay. Thank you!

Only eggs on a scroll gain views/unique views, clicks, right?

Eggs in the AP can still gain views, I believe, if they were entered into fansites before they were abandoned.

Eggs in the AP can still gain views, I believe, if they were entered into fansites before they were abandoned.

Yep, eggs from the AP gains views too. I AP'd a certain egg (with no views at all) right before the Christmas event last year and before it was going to die I entered it in some click sites that allow codes, it hatched in the AP.

Yep, eggs from the AP gains views too. I AP'd a certain egg (with no views at all) right before the Christmas event last year and before it was going to die I entered it in some click sites that allow codes, it hatched in the AP.

Furthermore, they can grow up in the AP! Such dragons go into the Wilderness.

What's up with the "Splash" action? Before, if I somehow managed to splash the same dragon twice, I got an insightful story about the dragon being hit with recoil due to using "Struggle" (I even went out to see the Pokemon reference for that). Now it's a boring "Not allowed to use action" with that dismal crimson cross icon :/

What's up with the "Splash" action? Before, if I somehow managed to splash the same dragon twice, I got an insightful story about the dragon being hit with recoil due to using "Struggle" (I even went out to see the Pokemon reference for that). Now it's a boring "Not allowed to use action" with that dismal crimson cross icon :/

Thanks for reminding me! I noticed that a few weeks ago. I meant to ask TJ about it but forgot.

I just took a look at the date when my first adult dragon was taken as an egg, and it reminded me about a thing I've forgotten to ask for quite a while - is it possible to see the date when a scroll has been made?

I just took a look at the date when my first adult dragon was taken as an egg, and it reminded me about a thing I've forgotten to ask for quite a while - is it possible to see the date when a scroll has been made?

I don't believe DC offers a built-in way to check when your scroll was made. However, the forums show when your forum account was made, so if you made both accounts on the same day or within a few days of each other, that would help you. You could also look back through your e-mails to see if there's an account verification e-mail from DC (oddly enough I didn't find one in my e-mails - can't remember if I deleted it or if there just wasn't one).

I don't believe DC offers a built-in way to check when your scroll was made. However, the forums show when your forum account was made, so if you made both accounts on the same day or within a few days of each other, that would help you. You could also look back through your e-mails to see if there's an account verification e-mail from DC (oddly enough I didn't find one in my e-mails - can't remember if I deleted it or if there just wasn't one).

Thank you for the answer!

Well, I got familiar with the forums at least a year after and actually made an account even later, so it won't be explaining all that much. Now that I think about it though, there's other ways to find out too; I've talked about DC on various websites, and I can remember one of the messages being posted on the same day when I made my scroll.

But if none of those messages aren't available anymore, I guess the closest date is the one when I got my first adult dragon (since my very first egg died), then - but thanks again for the answer anyways!

I still have the e-mails from my original scroll dated Sunday, June 8th, 2008, 9:08 AM, and my Forum signup on the same day at 9:21 AM.

The first email for the dragongrrl scroll:

In order to use your account on Dragon Cave, you must click the verification link below to activate your account.

Verification Link: http://dragcave.net/validation/850c

If the link is not clickable, copy and paste the below text into your browser

http://dragcave.net/validation/850c

You are receiving this e-mail because a user with an IP address of *deleted* signed up on http://dragcave.net/ using your e-mail address. If this was not you, simply ignore this e-mail, and no further messages will be sent

I received an inactive notice on December 20th, 2008:

Your account (Username: dragongrrl) on Dragon Cave has been automatically marked as inactive because it has no dragons and has not been used in over 30 days. If you wish to keep your account, click the link below to reactivate your account. Otherwise, ignore this e-mail, and your account will be removed in 7 days.

Verification Link: http://dragcave.net/validation/56996/850c1187

If the link is not clickable, copy and paste the below text into your browser

http://dragcave.net/validation/56996/850c1187

This amuses me, because even though I have no access to that original empty scroll, and those validation links don't work, it still exists, https://dragcave.net/user/dragongrrl. xd.png

I have the email for my 2010 return, too. biggrin.gif

Saving the emails would be the only way we could tell when our scrolls were created, but TJ may have more info, unless there were losses in the Datamonster attack.

Oh, then I might go searching my emails as well - I could even have some luck with it, because I don't usually delete any emails, except for some special circumstances. (◕ヮ◕) That leads to a horrid amount of various useless messages that no one needs anymore, though.

Hopefully I still remember the password for the older email address, since I've changed it at least once.

Can pygmies communicate telepathically? I know DC drakes can't, but I am not sure if pygmies can.

Edited by Nightwatcher

The purple dragons Fertility ability ... It doesn't stack like if the male has it on him and the female has in on her?

The purple dragons Fertility ability ... It doesn't stack like if the male has it on him and the female has in on her?

Correct. TJ has said that it is a waste of the BSA to use it on the second partner.

Correct. TJ has said that it is a waste of the BSA to use it on the second partner.

I've wasted so many BSA's ....

Can pygmies communicate telepathically? I know DC drakes can't, but I am not sure if pygmies can.

I'm guessing yes, since it's confirmed Magelights can (per the spriter).

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Magelight_Pygmy_Wyvern

Magelights honk a bit like peafowl, and while capable of telepathic communication like other dragons, don't usually have a lot to say.

The wiki doesn't say anything about the other pygmy variations, though.

Except for Pumpkins, all Pygmies have this paragraph in their descriptions:

Dragons don’t communicate with each other verbally, but they will growl to scare off predators and frighten prey. Young dragons will emit an extremely high-pitched squeal when they are frightened. To communicate, they use telepathy with each other and to speak to other creatures.

Hope this helps! smile.gif

Edited by dragongrrl

I was going to point out the paragraph dragongrrl mentioned, but Drakes have it too, which is kinda confusing. I'm trying to find where it says that they don't use telepathy, where did you find it?