Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Are Spirit Wards nocturnal? It just occurred to me that I always assumed they are, since they glow at night and can control their glow at will. But I can't find anything official on it.

a few questions.

I have a bit over 200 dragons on my scroll but my trophy is still bronze.

Another is the encyclopedia doesn't register the dragons I already own, is this a known bug or is it the same for other people?

a few questions.

Another is the encyclopedia doesn't register the dragons I already own, is this a known bug or is it the same for other people?

According to AoND scroll statistics, you only have 199 non-growing dragons. Not long to go. smile.gif

The Encyclopedia doesn't know about the dragons you already had before it came out, if that's what you mean it is a known bug. No idea if it's going to be changed.

a few questions.

It does not count the total for eggs and growing hatchies only adult and frozen hatchies

Also the encyclopedia does not register dragons that were own before it was installed, it only gets things you owned after. Sometimes though it does not register some of my clicks when I click a dragon so it bugs sometimes.

I have 50 of Dragon X, why does the encyclopedia say I've raised 0?

The encyclopedia is starting from scratch to give everyone the chance to fill out the encyclopedia (rather than having it all already unlocked for them).

The Encyclopedia doesn't know about the dragons you already had before it came out, if that's what you mean it is a known bug. No idea if it's going to be changed.

It's not a bug to be fixed. It's like that so everyone would have the challenge of unlocking information.

Sometimes though it does not register some of my clicks when I click a dragon so it bugs sometimes.

Yeah, that is a little glitchy. Sometimes you have to go through another way to click it, such as going to lineage view and clicking it from there.

What's the best way to get a Crimson egg?

I've been trying for over three weeks, stalking the cave and refreshing every few minutes. And finding someone with one for trade isn't possible because nobody trades such an awesome egg. What am I doing wrong?

Disregard this post if it shouldn't be here, I haven't been around for a while.

I've been trying for over three weeks, stalking the cave and refreshing every few minutes. And finding someone with one for trade isn't possible because nobody trades such an awesome egg. What am I doing wrong?

Assuming you mean royal crimsons, I believe they're only in the volcano biome. And the reason nobody's trading them is probably more a case of people don't think anyone'll be interested in them.

If you don't mind the lineage though, I can send you some lineaged eggs right now. smile.gif

They are pretty much blockers... are you looking in the right biome? I'd get you one but I'm hooked on lunars....

Assuming you mean royal crimsons, I believe they're only in the volcano biome. And the reason nobody's trading them is probably more a case of people don't think anyone'll be interested in them.

If you don't mind the lineage though, I can send you some lineaged eggs right now. smile.gif

Oh, thank you!

I love dragons of any lineage, may I have one?

Oh, thank you!

I love dragons of any lineage, may I have one?

^Yep, of course!

~~~

How often does hatchi abandon fail? I've tried to get a hatchie to stick around after an abandon attempt, but so far all of the hatchies I tried abandoning abandoned successfully.

How often does hatchi abandon fail? I've tried to get a hatchie to stick around after an abandon attempt, but so far all of the hatchies I tried abandoning abandoned successfully.

Rarely.

I've only had it happen once in the 2+ years I've been playing

I think it is pretty rare. I really haven't tried to abandon many hatchies since teleport -- abandon used to be the only way to trade them. Back then I think I only had it happen a few times. It seemed to me then that the older a hatchie was, the less likely it was to want to leave the scroll it was raised on -- so 7 day hatchies usually went where they were bidden, but say a 4 or 5 day hatchie was more likely to want to stay. (That was only my impression, though, and could be mistaken.)

Okay, I've wondered about this ever since I got my Hellfire.

The egg description for the male Hellfire reads:

This egg radiates the heat of a fell flame.

What does "fell" mean here?

I haven't quite figured it out and it's bothered me since I joined.

Okay, I've wondered about this ever since I got my Hellfire.

The egg description for the male Hellfire reads:

This egg radiates the heat of a fell flame.

What does "fell" mean here?

I haven't quite figured it out and it's bothered me since I joined.

Fell is a fancy term for something wicked or fierce or deadly. It's usually used to describe things that are evil/impure. Like the fell beasts from the Lord of the Rings series.

Edited by Jazeki

Fell is a fancy term for something wicked or fierce or deadly. It's usually used to describe things that are evil/impure. Like the fell beasts from the Lord of the Rings series.

Oooh. That's interesting, cool!

I'm sure the answer is easy to find somewhere but I worked 12 hours today and my brain is fried.

What's the best time frame for using earthquake? Because I used 3 on freshly caught eggs and nothing happened. Is it best if they're a day or two old? I remember reading something somewhere on it and can't remember what it said.

I'm sure the answer is easy to find somewhere but I worked 12 hours today and my brain is fried.

What's the best time frame for using earthquake? Because I used 3 on freshly caught eggs and nothing happened. Is it best if they're a day or two old? I remember reading something somewhere on it and can't remember what it said.

AFAIK there is no specific timeframe. Sometimes things die, sometimes they don't. I once used earthquake like five times in a row and didn't have any eggs died (the one time I wanted to kill eggs, lol). Yet at that same time others were using it and losing all their eggs with one try.

It's just chance as far as I can tell.

The only time factor that I know of is that you may have slightly better chance for forcing eggs when the eggs are lower time with more views. That's the rumor about using kill, so probably same rumor applies for earthquake.

Based on my experience with earthquake, if they are freshly caught CBs, then earthquake does nothing. I usually used earthquake if the egg is between 6-4.5 days left, and I always made sure the egg was over 100 views, no particular reason, but I always felt like it had to be. For the most part, I have been successful.

I used to use earthquake a lot back in the day because I was very impatient, but not so much as of recently.

I'm currently logging all my prize dragons, and I ran across this Tinsel that I have. It's a deadline. But I don't know what the original CB Tinsel was, so if someone could tell me, that'd be awesome! Here's the Tinsel in question.

I have read somewhere that someone had done a study with EQ and found that it is detirmined by the cracking stage the egg is in as to how well it works. I haven't comfirmed any of the claims myself, though so I don't know if it's true, but when I have access to a computer I can try to find the post for you.

I've hidden my scroll, removed my eggs from hatcheries, yet my fresher eggs keep getting views and therefore getting sick.

Ive been view bombed a lot lately and I have 3 eggs currently in a transfer link being sent to 3 different people as gifts.

What sites will remove my eggs upon scroll hide? I want to track down any sites that still have my eggs.