Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

As far as I recall, he stuck with the RL calendar for the last 2 years or so ... I didn't pay attention before that.

I guess when the "time reference" page says "Autumn", you'll know it's too late xd.png

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Are Ice and Magma dragons completely incompatible? Just tried breeding two pairs (plus another one some time ago), all of them refused.

Actually, it would make sense.

The only completely incompatible species are ones from different egg groups. For example, pygmies of any sort are incompatible with nonpygmies and so on. It was just bad luck.

The only completely incompatible species ...

Well, and holidays outside of any holiday, Frills to each other, and finally GoNs with other GoNs, with Frills and with certain holidays outside their holiday. smile.gif Those will always result in refusals.

Well, and holidays outside of any holiday, Frills to each other, and finally GoNs with other GoNs, with Frills and with certain holidays outside their holiday. smile.gif Those will always result in refusals.

In other words, the only times during which an egg can not possibly be produced~

Is it possible to re-open a dragon request? I had one from years ago that was never finished and I'd like to go back to it, but I don't have permission to access the page.

I think this is the right place to ask this, if not; I'm sorry.

Is it possible to re-open a dragon request? I had one from years ago that was never finished and I'd like to go back to it, but I don't have permission to access the page.

I think this is the right place to ask this, if not; I'm sorry.

Sure. Please PM myself or a help mod with your request and the title of the thread.

Usually when I'm trying to Influence adjoining dragons on my scroll as pairs, I have to check each code and locate it on the Influence page, as they're generally scattered around on it. But this time, the two Lunars from each biome I'd picked up were in precise order, which I don't recall recall ever happening before. (As when I did this previously with the Lunars and others, trying to pick up pairs from each biome together, which didn't always work out, lol.)

Was this a fluke, or are the appearance of eggs on the Influence pages now corresponding to the age of/order in which eggs arrive on our scrolls? Or am I just overtired and remembering wrongly?

As far as I recall, he stuck with the RL calendar for the last 2 years or so ... I didn't pay attention before that.

I guess when the "time reference" page says "Autumn", you'll know it's too late xd.png

Autumn now, a day earlier than I hoped :-(

Autumn now, a day earlier than I hoped :-(

Afraid so, just did a test breeding of a couple of my seasonals and the egg that went to AP was autumn (I am scroll locked). What surprises me is the leetle tree is still a palm tree as of the time stamp of this post.

Afraid so, just did a test breeding of a couple of my seasonals and the egg that went to AP was autumn (I am scroll locked). What surprises me is the leetle tree is still a palm tree as of the time stamp of this post.

Well, not any more. (Cache issue?)

Not a cache issue. Seems to have changed sometime within the past 5 hours (my cache was empty back then, yet I saw the palm tree).

I've been having problems for the last couple of weeks, at least, with AT&T ads in the Cave which are freezing my browser, FF 40.0.3 on Linux. It happened again, as I did some sorting with javascript turned on. It never happens when javascript is off or when I am working on other sites, even with javascript on.

I am trying to do other work on the computer while checking the Cave periodically, and it is frustrating to see these ads repeatedly crashing the browser.

Is anyone else having this problem?

dragongrrl, I think I've seen the ads you are talking about, and while they haven't crashed my browser (IE 11), they have been quite annoying. They tend to flutter and cause me to be distracted from what I am doing. When I tried to get rid of them, like you usually can do with ones you don't like, I found there is no way to do it.

Usually when I'm trying to Influence adjoining dragons on my scroll as pairs, I have to check each code and locate it on the Influence page, as they're generally scattered around on it. But this time, the two Lunars from each biome I'd picked up were in precise order, which I don't recall recall ever happening before. (As when I did this previously with the Lunars and others, trying to pick up pairs from each biome together, which didn't always work out, lol.)

Was this a fluke, or are the appearance of eggs on the Influence pages now corresponding to the age of/order in which eggs arrive on our scrolls? Or am I just overtired and remembering wrongly?

Its odd, I can tell you that. I've noticed the same thing: the eggs have actually been in order of time on the influence page the last couple times I've tried it.

Same for Teleport and Incubate.

Not sure what it means, though.

Cheers!

C4.

Well, many thanks to you for answering, and to TJ, since I'm guessing he did something there.

Had something rather odd happen just now, computer was draggy and I figured I'd had too many sites up too long, including several fansites.

So I ran CCleaner and Malwarebytes before doing a restart, after which FF came up with this: Yahoo Logo

Will be right back...

Thank you for your patience.

Our engineers are working quickly to resolve the issue.

This would lead me to believe that there's some problem with Yahoo, lol, which was installed by a sneaky something else; I haven't got around to installing a better search engine and apparently have no alternative on FF, although I used to have two before the sneaky change-over.

In the meantime, I'm here on Chrome, which I've never actually used on this computer and didn't like as much as FF so don't think ever really used it at all.

Does anyone know if you need to search out and do updates on Chrome if you never use it, or is it pretty much OK as-is?

I feel much safer on FF, I have to admit, feeling it's more idiot-proofed... us idiots need a lot of help! laugh.gif

Well, many thanks to you for answering, and to TJ, since I'm guessing he did something there.

Had something rather odd happen just now, computer was draggy and I figured I'd had too many sites up too long, including several fansites.

So I ran CCleaner and Malwarebytes before doing a restart, after which FF came up with this: Yahoo Logo

Will be right back...

Thank you for your patience.

Our engineers are working quickly to resolve the issue.

This would lead me to believe that there's some problem with Yahoo, lol, which was installed by a sneaky something else; I haven't got around to installing a better search engine and apparently have no alternative on FF, although I used to have two before the sneaky change-over.

In the meantime, I'm here on Chrome, which I've never actually used on this computer and didn't like as much as FF so don't think ever really used it at all.

Does anyone know if you need to search out and do updates on Chrome if you never use it, or is it pretty much OK as-is?

I feel much safer on FF, I have to admit, feeling it's more idiot-proofed... us idiots need a lot of help! laugh.gif

FF isn't more "idiot proof", its the opposite. It does a lot less stuff for you than Chrome does, which can often be a good thing. I don't much care for Chrome.

Cheers!

C4.

Also, you should be able to choose your default search engine in FF. It may be set to yahoo by an update, but you can change it in your settings. I think I had to do that a while back when they decided they knew better than I about what I wanted to use.

Oh lord yes - there is an add-on that does that... can't search just now but will get back to you...

Thanks, fuzzy, I'd appreciate that! smile.gif

Can anyone suggest a couple of good search engines?

I know Harper has told Google to restrict what we can see, but what we can't see is a sekit.

Edit: now waiting until I get that 3rd cup of coffee down so that the bottom cup can crawl up to reach my brain...

Edited by Syphoneira

Thanks, fuzzy, I'd appreciate that!  smile.gif

Can anyone suggest a couple of good search engines?

I know Harper has told Goggle to restrict what we can see, but what we can't see is a sekit.

Edit: now waiting until I get that 3rd cup of coffee down so that the bottom cup can crawl up to reach my brain...

DuckDuckGo is what I've been using lately, duckduckgo.com

I use goggle but won't tell it where I am. This can be interesting. The other day I just clicked current weather and got something all in Japanese. So it can't tell...

But one good one is dogpile.

I use goggle but won't tell it where I am. This can be interesting. The other day I just clicked current weather and got something all in Japanese. So it can't tell...

But one good one is dogpile.

Thanks!

If I ever wake up and feel better, I'll try that.

Not sure how you don't tell Google where you are, but at the rate you move around, you could be anywhere, lol.

DuckDuckGo is what I've been using lately, duckduckgo.com

Same. I installed its search engine plugin for Firefox, so now it's my default search provider.

Same. I installed its search engine plugin for Firefox, so now it's my default search provider.

Yup, was definitely not awake - thanks dragongrrl & AGYK! smile.gif

I've even heard of that one before as being good, but was still drawing a blank until I saw you guys mention DuckDuckGo just now, completely missed dragongrrl's post earlier, just having yet another blank day. unsure.gif

Swear sometimes I can't even see until the coffee level rises, and some weeks the tide never comes in at all...

That's super then, when/if I EVER have a day I actually wake up on, (doesn't happen often lately, lol,) I can try to install DuckDuckGo for one and dogpile for the other search engine and be set!

(Luckily, I tend to get on well with animals, lol.)