Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

And I came home from school to find several of my hatchlings with way over 10k+ views and several hundred UVs.

Two of my hatchlings gendered far too early for their age and one is sick now. I think I was bombed...

Is it okay to say you have a Blacklist for trading/gifting, as long as you do not show the names on it to anyone?

And I came home from school to find several of my hatchlings with way over 10k+ views and several hundred UVs.

Two of my hatchlings gendered far too early for their age and one is sick now. I think I was bombed...

Yep, that sounds like a viewbombing to me. Sorry that happened to you. Some people are really spiteful and jerkish.

What is a dummy in a two-way trade?

I think that's just so the owner of the egg knows to whom it is going, not just a random person smile.gif

For instance, if a user is giving out a Green Dino and asks for a dummy, they might check that the Dino isn't going to someone who has a rather large amount of Dinos; rather it would be going to someone who really would like one and was not able to catch one.

Also, the dummy would just be any random egg from the AP.

I hope that answers your question! smile.gif

Edited by LumosSeeker148

Is it okay to say you have a Blacklist for trading/gifting, as long as you do not show the names on it to anyone?

yes, least I have one and keep a record in the note/memo of whos on it. No one can see it but myself.

Is it possible to abandon or release zombies? I know there is some dragon that you can't, I just don't remember which one.

Is it possible to abandon or release zombies? I know there is some dragon that you can't, I just don't remember which one.

It used to be that once you had a zombie on your scroll there was no way you could get rid of it. It couldn't be traded or abandoned because it is either an adult or instantly freezes as a hatchie. They have no release action, either.

Then along came the SoulPeace dragon as a solution to those who got a zombie but decided they had rather not!

You can tell other people who's on it, you just can't post it in public (like in your profile / a thread)

Which is silly IMO but hey, let the scammers have fun I guess <___>

You can tell other people who's on it, you just can't post it in public (like in your profile / a thread)

I've seen plenty of blacklists with users who I'm quite certain aren't scammers. I've seen plenty of blacklists with very respected members on them.

People blacklist for a variety of reasons (and a variety of people blacklist!) and sometimes good people's names end up dragged through the mud. There are two sides to every story and I do not always agree with the blacklisters side (when it has come down to being brought to a mod). That is why we do not allow them to be public.

People have a right to not trade with whomever they don't want to. Personal blacklists are fine. But there is a reason they need to stay private. ;3

I've seen plenty of blacklists with users who I'm quite certain aren't scammers. I've seen plenty of blacklists with very respected members on them.

People blacklist for a variety of reasons (and a variety of people blacklist!) and sometimes good people's names end up dragged through the mud. There are two sides to every story and I do not always agree with the blacklisters side (when it has come down to being brought to a mod). That is why we do not allow them to be public.

People have a right to not trade with whomever they don't want to. Personal blacklists are fine. But there is a reason they need to stay private. ;3

You know, there might be a reason why even a "good person" got on several blacklists. Maybe that "good person" wasn't that good, after all? After all, sometimes even long-time players with a good reputation actually lose their scrolls, for whatever reasons.

Sometimes the only reason is "didn't agree with everybody." I myself got on a whole thread's blacklist just because of a single "thread moderator" who had been treating my like censorkip.gif (and I forgot to pay attention at some point who I directed my response to).

I'm with Sock on this matter.

Does anyone know if the Time Reference page ( https://dragcave.net/help/time ) actually existed officially before the Lunar Heralds got released?

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Sometimes the only reason is "didn't agree with everybody." I myself got on a whole thread's blacklist just because of a single "thread moderator" who had been treating my like censorkip.gif (and I forgot to pay attention at some point who I directed my response to).

I'm with Sock on this matter.

Does anyone know if the Time Reference page ( https://dragcave.net/help/time ) actually existed officially before the Lunar Heralds got released?

Someone* early in the release thread said it did, and I'm not inclined towards thinking board users are liars...

*Page 3, Tehya Faye

Edited by Ansela Jonla

I don't actually think it's silly since the day I was made aware of a mother and daughter here who did not choose to breed what was "demanded" of them, as is our absolute right - and then the people who had made that demand started posting all over here that they were scammers. There is too much potential for malicious abuse, I fear.

I was iffy about it even before that, but...

Oops double post but - how can you select multiple dragons in alt custom sort on an android tablet? I do not have a separate keyboard, and cannot get at ctrl or shift while selecting...

Eta actually they won't even drag one at a time sad.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

Is any one else getting a SINGLE line in alternate custom sort????

BY all that is Holy, how am I gonna sort 6000 dragons when they are all in one row

took minutes to get to the bottom when they were in rows this will take hours

and why????

AHHHHHHHKKKKK

edit, hard refresh fixed it, but when I go out and come back I get the line again????

edit #2

seems to be fixed this time== scare me half to death blink.gif

Edited by dragonpuck

Mine is as it always is. Maybe is time for a hard refresh thingy?

Is any one else getting a SINGLE line in alternate custom sort????

BY all that is Holy, how am I gonna sort 6000 dragons when they are all in one row

took minutes to get to the bottom when they were in rows this will take hours

and why????

AHHHHHHHKKKKK

edit, hard refresh fixed it, but when I go out and come back I get the line again????

a regular refresh fixed it for me, and it is staying fixed.

The site seems to be awfully glitchy today. I have had all the problems reported in this thread and the site appearance one. Luckily a simple refresh has cleared them all.

Oops double post but - how can you select multiple dragons in alt custom sort on an android tablet? I do not have a separate keyboard, and cannot get at ctrl or shift while selecting...

Eta actually they won't even drag one at a time sad.gif

Yeah, you can only legacy custom sort or choose a default sort on touch devices. It's a known issue that will hopefully be fixed at some point. ^^

Is there a way to check if a hatchling is frozen or not from it's own page? I recently abandoned an egg and I'd like to see if the owner froze it, but they have a lot of dragons and I'd rather not scroll through them all.

Also, are there any solid numbers for % chance of gender after Influence? Everything I've seen so far just tells me "much higher". Is it 80%? 90%? 99%?

Sorry if either of these answers seem obvious, I did search in the faq etc but I'm rather new...

Is there a way to check if a hatchling is frozen or not from it's own page? I recently abandoned an egg and I'd like to see if the owner froze it, but they have a lot of dragons and I'd rather not scroll through them all.

Yes. The page won't show a 'time left' line.

This line: Hatchling will die if it doesn't grow up in: X days and Y hours

http://dragcave.net/lineage/MXdyS This hatchling is frozen.

Edited by Lagie

Dunno if anyone else is having this occur, but while clicking on a dragon shows a normal page, every time I go to the lineage page, there's no scroll backing, just the dragons on the dragon art page. If I click further to a dragon parent, it's fine, but their lineage page also lacks a scroll backing and this consistently has occurred through rather a lot of experimental clicking on the fansites just now.

I ran CCleaner last night and due to wireless issues didn't run much for long, relatively speaking, in part because of frequent wireless losses last night and when I came on today, (although it seems to be behaving better now,) so I wouldn't think this was due to my cache needing emptying...

Edit: also occurs when 'lineage' is typed into a CB dragon's URL - and my wireless has been stable on one bar down for a while now, so wouldn't think anything that specific could be just me?

Re-edit: never mind, just saw a thread I'd missed on this.

Edited by Syphoneira

Yeah, you can only legacy custom sort or choose a default sort on touch devices. It's a known issue that will hopefully be fixed at some point. ^^

Oh bleep. Thanks. I'm only on the tablet when I travel, so...