Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I've been breeding a pyro xenowyrm with a hellhorse hoping to see if I'd get a non-pyro xeno egg. Turns out that I haven't yet, but I'm wondering if I should ever expect it? Since hellhorses are hybrids they technically have no set biome, but that might make it so that it's a wildcard instead?

I've been breeding a pyro xenowyrm with a hellhorse hoping to see if I'd get a non-pyro xeno egg. Turns out that I haven't yet, but I'm wondering if I should ever expect it? Since hellhorses are hybrids they technically have no set biome, but that might make it so that it's a wildcard instead?

I think the only Hybrid that doesn't breed true is the Ultraviolet. You're either going to get a Pyro or a Hellhorse, not a Horse or a Hellfire.

Actually no. Birdz says:

Situation 1: Xeno x Non-Xeno (regular biome):

Outcome 1: the Xeno breeds its same variation

Outcome 2: you get an egg from the Non-Xeno breed

Outcome 3: you get the Xeno corresponding to the Non-Xeno's biome

Situation 2: Xeno x Non-Xeno (Cave):

Outcome 1: the Xeno breeds its same variation

Outcome 2: you get an egg from the Non-Xeno breed

Outcome 3: you get a random egg from the other 5 Xeno variations

Situation 3: Xeno x Xeno:

Outcome 1: They have a chance to breed the Xeno variation from parent A

Outcome 2: They have a chance to breed the Xeno variation from parent B

Outcome 3: They have a smaller chance to breed one of the other 4 (or 5 if both parents are the same variation) Xeno variations.

So as a hellhorse has no biome, you could get a random xeno, yes. Or a hellhorse - I just got (and abandoned) one. Also 3 pyros, but there you go !

Edited by fuzzbucket

So as a hellhorse has no biome, you could get a random xeno, yes. Or a hellfire - I just got (and abandoned) one. Also 3 pyros, but there you go !

Did you mean Hellhorse or did you really get a Hellfire from a Hellhorse?

Tiny little question:

Did something happen to the font on the "Show HTML/BBCode Links" page or is it just my browser being weird?

I think the font in the code box was Courier or something, now it isn't.

(And it also looks smaller but that might be me not being 100% awake yet. tongue.gif )

Did something happen to the font on the "Show HTML/BBCode Links" page or is it just my browser being weird?

I think the font in the code box was Courier or something, now it isn't.

(And it also looks smaller but that might be me not being 100% awake yet. tongue.gif )

Check your browser settings? I think this one depends on your default monospace font.

In Firefox, that's in Options => Content, in Font's & Colors should be an Advanced button there. The Monospace one is the one used in the code boxes.

Another option is that you've had a zoom accident. xd.png Like in Firefox, CTRL + mouse wheel movements can change your zoom level. CTRL + 0 (zero) resets it.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Did you mean Hellhorse or did you really get a Hellfire from a Hellhorse?

Oops edited smile.gif Hellhorse, yes.

Check your browser settings? I think this one depends on your default monospace font.

In Firefox, that's in Options => Content, in Font's & Colors should be an Advanced button there. The Monospace one is the one used in the code boxes.

So... somewhere between "but I didn't change anything, it must be the site - OMG am I that person now?" and "if it was the site, Ruby Eyes definitely would have noticed", I remembered skins. laugh.gif

I'm on the default skin, and apparently that's the only one where the font changed. So it's probably really a design change.

user posted image

user posted image

ACTUALLY - I see what you see on default, but on St Pat's I get Courier, as I always did. But when I change my default monospace, in St Pat's, it changes; in the default it doesn't. Odd...

Eeks! blink.gif Considering how often I modify the text in those boxes, I'm glad I'm not on Default skin xd.png

I suspect that the old skins simply do not set a font for these boxes, while the Default one suddenly does.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I'm trying to name a hatchling and the icon indicating whether or not a name is available isn't working on the St. Patrick's theme. I had this problem earlier and switched to the default theme to check it. It didn't work until I did a hard refresh. I had assumed that it was my computer, or that it had fixed itself. Just switched back to St. Patrick's and it's not working again, even with a hard refresh. /:

Earlier I had tried turning off some add-ons and restarting my browser to try and fix it, but neither worked. Is anyone else having this problem?

I recently named some hatchlings in the St. Patty's theme and it worked.

I just tried renaming and it worked.

What browser/etc. are you running? Do other sites work fine for you?

Firefox 53.0.3 (32-bit)

Windows 7

No problems with anything else.

Naming things isn't the problem, just the availability icon.

Oh! I completely misunderstood!! sorry.

Actually... I have the same problem. I usually kinda live on the edge and name my dragons and then see if it gets accepted. But it isn't ideal-- this probably should get fixed.

I'm trying to name a hatchling and the icon indicating whether or not a name is available isn't working on the St. Patrick's theme. I had this problem earlier and switched to the default theme to check it. It didn't work until I did a hard refresh. I had assumed that it was my computer, or that it had fixed itself. Just switched back to St. Patrick's and it's not working again, even with a hard refresh. /:

Earlier I had tried turning off some add-ons and restarting my browser to try and fix it, but neither worked. Is anyone else having this problem?

This has been happening for me on mobile too. I haven't tested it on computer yet, but I plan to later tonight.

It looks like a variable for the script is missing on St. Patrick's? Sorry that I can't be more specific. I can usually handle CSS problems, but Javascript is a bit outside of my wheelhouse.

Checked all of the themes. Default, Portal 2, and Portal 2 Light work. St. Patrick's and 1960s do not. 1960s is giving me the same error as St. Pat's.

Is the "Eggs around the world" click site down? I keep getting a 502 bad gateway message.

Is the "Eggs around the world" click site down? I keep getting a 502 bad gateway message.

yupp - couple of hours now sad.gif

yupp - couple of hours now sad.gif

Well that bites. At least it's not just me. Thankfully AoND is up and running. Thanks Herk.

It's down for me too, I keep getting the 502 Bad Gateway message.

Edited by StormBirdRising

What... would be the pronouns for two-headed dragons and such?

What... would be the pronouns for two-headed dragons and such?

Them, they, their?

The two girls. The two boys.

The female two headed dragon. The male two headed dragon.