Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

So, names are still removed after being inactive for a long period of time? I thought a change was implemented, but a few days ago in help, I saw otherwise.

Where'd you see? I don't think this has happened in years. It's possible someone went inactive during the time this was happening and just now came back.

How do I make text in my signature a different color than the default? I keep trying to use the color tag but it's not working

How do I make text in my signature a different color than the default? I keep trying to use the color tag but it's not working

How is it not working? Is the text color not changing or is the coding messing up?

You can look up HTML color codes to make sure you're using the right code for the color you want.

Where'd you see? I don't think this has happened in years. It's possible someone went inactive during the time this was happening and just now came back.

I second guessed myself for a second, but at least now I know I'm not insane (in the inactivity section). It does, however, say it was last updated in 2012, so I guess TJ just hasn't updated the terms in a while.

So it was just a low-key change? He never announced it, right?

EDIT: Ah yeah, sorry, just noticed I wasn't very clear. :P

Edited by Ninetails

In addition to the HTML colors, certain words (blue, red, teal, indigo, etc.) can be used instead-- I find them easier to remember.

List of BB Code "Color Words"

Also, this is fun to use if you have the sig space. c;

Edited by irrelevantindigo

I second guessed myself for a second, but at least now I know I'm not i****e (in the inactivity section). It does, however, say it was last updated in 2012, so I guess TJ just hasn't updated the terms in a while.

So it was just a low-key change? He never announced it, right?

Oh, I thought you meant the Help section on the forum.

It was changed sometime around the time name stealing was announced, though I believe it came before the announcement.

Could someone check one of my Groups for me? I made one for all of my Purple Ridgewings and used the "add all dragons of this breed" option, but I'd forgotten that this would add the Tans as well. I then went to my Tans' pages individually and thought I removed them by un-checking the box but they're still showing in the Group? Wondering if it's just a cache hiccup on my end or if I just didn't remove them properly? https://dragcave.net/group/10067

Edited by Denwayasha

Could someone check one of my Groups for me? I made one for all of my Purple Ridgewings and used the "add all dragons of this breed" option, but I'd forgotten that this would add the Tans as well. I then went to my Tans' pages individually and thought I removed them by un-checking the box but they're still showing in the Group? Wondering if it's just a cache hiccup on my end or if I just didn't remove them properly? https://dragcave.net/group/10067

How many tans did you have? I am seeing a few in there -- maybe about 6 or 7.

Not a lot, which is why I think I forgot about them. haha.

I think I figured it out though, instead of using the dropdown menu for Groups I clicked the little icon that adds a dragon and unchecked the box from there.

Not a lot, which is why I think I forgot about them. haha.

I think I figured it out though, instead of using the dropdown menu for Groups I clicked the little icon that adds a dragon and unchecked the box from there.

Glad you figured it out. They do seem to be gone. smile.gif

Where do people find/make those lineage mock-ups? :?

Blank template is actually in the first post of the latest breeding thread. Not sure who made the first one, but I'm pretty sure Ruby Eyes provided the current one. Personally, I always waited for blank ones, as I'm not sure how they made the original mockup. xP

You just save it to your computer and open it in your art program. You can make lineages by saving derg images from lineage/progeny view and then just opening them into/pasting them into the template and moving them to the correct place.

Blank template is actually in the first post of the latest breeding thread. Not sure who made the first one, but I'm pretty sure Ruby Eyes provided the current one. Personally, I always waited for blank ones, as I'm not sure how they made the original mockup. xP

You just save it to your computer and open it in your art program. You can make lineages by saving derg images from lineage/progeny view and then just opening them into/pasting them into the template and moving them to the correct place.

Ah!! Thank you. smile.gif

Does the arrival of the sinomorph mean that users can now make dragon requests with "summonable" options (not quite sure how to phrase) or is the sinomorph a special case? I'm not planning to, but now I'm curious since the dragon doesn't grow like the GON.

Does the arrival of the sinomorph mean that users can now make dragon requests with "summonable" options (not quite sure how to phrase) or is the sinomorph a special case? I'm not planning to, but now I'm curious since the dragon doesn't grow like the GON.

Special cases should stay special cases. This isn't to say you can't suggest a fun hook for your dragons, but try to stay unique, fun, simple, and somewhat logical. And, just like anything other special (ex. rarity as rare), the majority of requests don't need a hook.

How much time does an egg need to have left for influence?

My sister got a black Zyumorph egg, hid it to wait for her pink female getting ready for influence again and now she gets "not enough time" when trying to influence the egg..

It has 1d19h left and now it's pretty annoying having an egg from the release date which might get the wrong gender due the impossibility of influencing it...

Cheers

Seriva

How much time does an egg need to have left for influence?

My sister got a black Zyumorph egg, hid it to wait for her pink female getting ready for influence again and now she gets "not enough time" when trying to influence the egg..

It has 1d19h left and now it's pretty annoying having an egg from the release date which might get the wrong gender due the impossibility of influencing it...

Cheers

Seriva

They have to be at above 3 days.

You can use an Aeon to see if it will be male or female.

Try this thread if it misgenders smile.gif

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=51668

Hm okay.

I know about Aoens but they are also on cooldown. She doesn't have much of the "BSA Slaves", I try to help her, but didn't have one ready myself.

Hopefully it will gender right, otherwise we need to try for a trade (but probably won't get one from the same date...).

Thanks for the answers. smile.gif

Cheers

Seriva

Anyone know how to contact the owner of EatW?

There's an email on the "About the page" page.

Edited by pinkgothic

There's an email on the "About the page" page.

Or try from owner's profile info. I'm not sure they are active on the forum, though.

If my scroll is hidden, will my trade offers be visible and will people be able to offer on my trades?

If my scroll is hidden, will my trade offers be visible and will people be able to offer on my trades?

Yes to both. smile.gif