Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Anybody else experiencing lag on all the five minte Drops, even as far as a lagging Forum? Or is ist just my Internet Connection here at work?

The forums don't share a server with the site, so if both are lagging, it's likely not an issue with the site.

I don't really know how people in the trading threads make those posts with the images of the egg/hatchling they want to trade, can someone explain? Thanks

I don't really know how people in the trading threads make those posts with the images of the egg/hatchling they want to trade, can someone explain? Thanks

Go to the trading forum area and look up, at the top there will be a pinned topic called

''Image Codes For All Egg and Hatchling Sprites''

Go to the trading forum area and look up, at the top there will be a pinned topic called

''Image Codes For All Egg and Hatchling Sprites''

Thaaaaank you very much, I didn't see it for some reason o.o

lol no problem! I think I somehow missed it when I starting out trading too, I use to use the wiki to get the images xP

When using Fertility should you use it on both of the dragon pair or only one of them?

Edited by maylin

lol no problem! I think I somehow missed it when I starting out trading too, I use to use the wiki to get the images xP

When using Fertility should you use it on both of the dragon pair or only one of them?

Only one. TJ said using it on both is a waste.

All my encyclopaedia spirit wards look fine - St Pat's skin.

Mine was doing that just now. I kept having to refresh. But I m done now, so I can stop fretting.

Is anyone else having trouble logging in to the IRC? Im trying on my phone, which has worked before, but I'm being told the connection was refused? I was on, Inthink last night lurking but not since and I'm wondering if its maybe my phone..? O.o

Is anyone else having trouble logging in to the IRC? Im trying on my phone, which has worked before, but I'm being told the connection was refused? I was on, Inthink last night lurking but not since and I'm wondering if its maybe my phone..? O.o

Are you chatting through the IRC embed on the forum or do you have your own client on your phone?

Do you have a choice of IRC servers to use on mobile? Have you tried different ones?

Is anybody's badge linking to their house now? Because mine still isn't. sad.gif

The link looks completely broken altogether, considering it points to https://holidays16/ and is missing the domain name.

Are you chatting through the IRC embed on the forum or do you have your own client on your phone?

Do you have a choice of IRC servers to use on mobile? Have you tried different ones?

I was using Andchat and just couldnt connect.a user recommended i use IRCcloud and it seems i can connect now with that... just not with andchat still. Weird, but hey, works now! <3

Is this stage of Spirit Ward in Dragon Encyclopedia supposed to have random pixels around it?  Because the sprite image in Dragon Cave Wiki doesn't have them~

user posted image

Does it look like that by anyone else in the Encyclopedia page?

I use the Portal 2 site skin.

I also see the 'sparks' around the male Spirit Ward Dragons when the glowing reached its peak also in the sprites that are displayed on the wiki. To be honest at first i had to zoom in but now it cannot be unseen.^^

Try to zoom in until you cannot zoom in more and have a look at the male sprites. It is part of the sprite.

Edited by Tigerkralle

Is having blacklists allowed? I remember seeing somewhere that they aren't allowed on DC but I don't remember where and why is it so?

Is having blacklists allowed? I remember seeing somewhere that they aren't allowed on DC but I don't remember where and why is it so?

No, except in the privacy of your own document on your machine. ninja.gif

Why do you want one - you can keep your own - but do you want to go around naming and shaming others in public ? To what end ?

Why is it so - they lead to flame wars, people accusing people of all sorts when they misunderstood (or worse - I well recall a situation where two people here lied up and down about another member who had done nothing wrong, and posted all over this forum that she had cheated them. I'm sure there have been others.)

Blacklists have no place in forums. If you stick to two way trades except with people you know, there should be no issue anyway, and in the case of IOUs - they ARE at your own risk, and - well, I have been warned about taking IOUs from someone - but someone who has always delivered on theirs to me. People have different experiences and different expectations.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Makes you wonder why blacklists on project threads are allowed, where they are quite public.

I don't think defaulting on a project is in quite the same class as saying "do not trade with this person they cheat....." which was what happened with the pair who lied up and down. I guess also the actual FACT of whatever you did wrong is right there in the project threads....

No, it's not always. Sometimes it's basically just a private quarrel with one of the mods.

Oh. Well, none of my bzwx. But I can still see the value of not having a list of people who you deem untrustworthy in your profile, or worse, in your sig....

Makes you wonder why blacklists on project threads are allowed, where they are quite public.

We talked about it when private blacklists were big and we had to announce that wasn't allowed and decided on allowing project blacklists for one main reason: projects typically have a list of public rules that are generally reasonable and agreed upon, whereas users don't really have the avenue for anything similar. All I've seen is public blacklists where there's a clear explanation of what each ban means (if there's more than one level) and what the rule broken was, where private blacklists tended to be all over the place and we were getting conflicting stories from either side of the involved parties.

As always, though, if you notice disparities or unfairness in project's public blacklists, feel free to PM a site mod, _Z_, or myself, and we can review and re-discuss the original decision.

So when you are trying to create zombies, and use revive, is the message for a successful zombie attempt different from a failed one? I know this one: You attempt to revive the dragon using magic, but fail. The dragon’s body disintegrates. means fail, but is there one for a success?

So when you are trying to create zombies, and use revive, is the message for a successful zombie attempt different from a failed one? I know this one: You attempt to revive the dragon using magic, but fail. The dragon’s body disintegrates. means fail, but is there one for a success?

Yep, a success does have a different message. Don't remember it off the top of my head though.

After death, and when you use the Revive action...

The revival will fail and the dragon is dead for good.

("You attempt to revive the dragon/hatchling using magic, but fail. The dragon’s body disintegrates.")

The revival is successful and the dragon returns to its former state. ("You attempt to revive the dragon using magic, and are successful.")

The revival is only partially successful and the dragon turns into an Undead Dragon, also known as a Zombie Dragon. ("You attempt to revive the dragon/hatchling using magic, but something goes horribly wrong. The dragon is brought back from the dead as a zombie.")