Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

When I went to edit a post in the "A dragon trading thread V2," it didn't let me and said the the topic had been locked. Has this happened to anyone else?

Edit: I scrolled down and saw it was being cleaned. Whoops, I get it now!

Edited by toyofubl

When I went to edit a post in the "A dragon trading thread V2," it didn't let me and said the the topic had been locked. Has this happened to anyone else?

If I'm not mistaken, I believe a mod closed the thread for cleaning

Ok so, a few related questions:

- What size (in pixels) are the Festival of Eggs and Trick-or-Treat sprites?

- When are sprites for the aforementioned events accepted?

- What's the process for submitting one or more sprites for the events? Do you have to be an in-cave spriter?

Ok so, a few related questions:

- What size (in pixels) are the Festival of Eggs and Trick-or-Treat sprites?

- When are sprites for the aforementioned events accepted?

- What's the process for submitting one or more sprites for the events? Do you have to be an in-cave spriter?

I don't believe there's a hard size limit on collectibles like that. Just... keep it reasonably sized. If you wanted a real comparison, just look at the size of some of the stuff you've collected. FoE eggs are generally egg sized, with some leeway for cool extras. Treats max tends to be around ~50 x 50. (If you're on firefox, you can right click an image, select "view image info" and easily see the size without having to save the image or put it into another site.)

There's usually a deadline for submission, but other than that, just around the time of the event.

I suppose you could PM an artist with your submission and ask for it to be included in the collection, but generally non-in-cave spriters receive an invitation to join from an in-cave spriter and will be given any specifics (such as the deadline and number of submits allowed) at that time. If you want to get an invite to that stuff, it helps to 1) actively sprite in DR to show that you're an active artist and to show the quality of your stuff, and 2) have talked to an in-cave artist or two. PM them to ask them for crit, hang out in #arts in IRC (although I hear activity has been low there recently), see if they'd be willing to collab on something with you - etc.

Lag monster back for anyone else?

Not for me.

I am experiencing something slightly strange, though: I had two ND experiments die last night (less than 24 hours ago, easily), and was still able to collect 6 Olive eggs, and on the egg limits page it tells me I only have 6 eggs.

Do dead eggs not count for 24 hours? Or is that only if they die of sickness/bite/EQ/kill, and not from time?

Not for me.

I am experiencing something slightly strange, though: I had two ND experiments die last night (less than 24 hours ago, easily), and was still able to collect 6 Olive eggs, and on the egg limits page it tells me I only have 6 eggs.

Do dead eggs not count for 24 hours? Or is that only if they die of sickness/bite/EQ/kill, and not from time?

Eggs that die from time and sickness don't count. Only stuff you killed directly (including BSAs) does count.

Maybe a stupid question, I was away from the cave for a long time:

Why are olive dragons good for trading right now? I saw several offers and requests for them and I am a bit confused. They are still counted as common in the wiki.

Why are olive dragons good for trading right now? I saw several offers and requests for them and I am a bit confused. They are still counted as common in the wiki.

because of the holly contest. people who collect the most olives get to win a free holly. and theres even a second gen holly prize this year

There's an event called the Holly Contest that collects a certain common. Top collector gets first pick of Holly offspring, and so on. This year, a 2G Holly is a donation and Olives are the common to collect...

ah, I did not see that contest. Thank you for explaining. Then I will breed all my olives and dump things in the AP smile.gif

It seems to happen sporadically - try 10 minutes later again and all is fine blink.gif

I just hit a period of extreme lag. It took me 7 minutes to breed one egg and abandon it. Needless to say I will put off the rest of my breeding for awhile. First time it has been laggy for me since last week when everything was down.

Edit: and now it is fine! huh.gif

Edited by purplehaze

18:00 EST and 00:00 EST is what in AM and PM? I need to get a sunset egg for a friend, and need to get it bred between those times for it to hatch sunset.

the time windows i believe are from 6am est to noon est for a sunrise and 6pm est through midnight est for a sunset. the egg wont hatch at any other timeframe except for those two

Edited by CellyBean

18:00 EST and 00:00 EST is what in AM and PM? I need to get a sunset egg for a friend, and need to get it bred between those times for it to hatch sunset.

Polly - you need to HATCH it in the right window, not breed it then.

You need to HATCH it between 6pm and midnight cave time. (and I would take it 5 minutes in each end, for safety.) And be careful where you put it - some sites will automatically try and hatch it in an ER when it gets to 4 days, and if it is outside the window, it can die from too many views. I always get mine enough views by 5 days, and then hide them till the window I want them to hatch in.

If you need to check, EATW has a page that tells you what time it is for everything: http://eatw.net/tool.html

You can also check the cave's own time reference page (in the Help section). If it says "The sun is rising" you get Sunrise hatchies, if it says "The sun is setting" you get Sunset hatchies, and when that page says neither, Sunset/rise eggs cannot hatch at all.

You can also check the cave's own time reference page (in the Help section). If it says "The sun is rising" you get Sunrise hatchies, if it says "The sun is setting" you get Sunset hatchies, and when that page says neither, Sunset/rise eggs cannot hatch at all.

Really ? I didn't know that - thanks.

I don't know if this was mentioned before, but when you use Precognition on a egg that has not enough time left to be influenced, the message still says:

"Your dragon uses the power of time magic to create an illusion of the future, revealing that this egg will be female/male, though its future may still be influenced."

Shouldn't it be: "Your dragon uses the power of time magic to create an illusion of the future, revealing that this egg will be male/female" just like with influenced eggs or hatchings? Or is there some other way I can use to influence an egg that has not enough time to be influenced by a Pink?

P.S.: Sorry for all those "Influence" and "influenced" biggrin.gif

Edited by claptrap

There is no other way to influence its gender than with the Pink dragon BSA. It would probably be less confusing if the message changed once an egg is too low in time to be influenced.

If you breed two dragons and they don't produce an egg, are they able to refuse later? I got "no egg" not "no interest"

I just got a "no interest" So now I am wondering for both scenarios

Edited by AppleMango

If you breed two dragons and they don't produce an egg, are they able to refuse later? I got "no egg" not "no interest"

I just got a "no interest" So now I am wondering for both scenarios

https://dragcave.net/help/actions#breed

Only a refusal = a refusal. With the odd exception of holiday dragons, once dragons have bred, they cannot refuse each other. Bred here not meaning produced an egg, just meaning they tried.

They might be a stubborn pair, though, and if they're lineages you can easily switch around, you might want to try different partners with each.

https://dragcave.net/help/actions#breed

Only a refusal = a refusal. With the odd exception of holiday dragons, once dragons have bred, they cannot refuse each other. Bred here not meaning produced an egg, just meaning they tried.

They might be a stubborn pair, though, and if they're lineages you can easily switch around, you might want to try different partners with each.

Thank you!! smile.gif

I'm glad, cause I thought they needed an egg to make the pairing stick smile.gif