Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

So I caught this egg https://dragcave.net/lineage/5ZOCj and I want to continue the lineages with CB Celestials. The Celestials are Male, Mistletoe Female, and I want this lineage to continue as a stair, without twisting it in any way. What should it be influenced?

Male to keep it a stair step.

Sorry, a bit confused. When I checked this critter (from last year) for its wing colour it was rosy-winged. Now it's blue-winged. Just so I know what's going on and whether it's likely to stay this way, was there a problem with the wing colours that got corrected? smile.gif (I have two blue-winged s2s now because I planned with the notion that I have a frozen rosy-wing and still need a frozen blue.)

Edit: Found this thread. I guess that answers it. Drat. smile.gif Time to see if I can get a rosy-winged Solstice for freezing now that breeding is over.

Edited by pinkgothic

I bred my Solstice around 7pm Central time...so around 8pm cave time. What is the most likely wing colour for it? Rosy or blue?

I can't remember what happened last year: did all the holiday eggs disappeared from the AP as soon as the new eggs disappeared from the cave?

user posted image

Is this lamp not supposed to have a toggle(turning on the lights feature) or is mine glitching?

Okay, here's something I noticed when looking at one of my dragons' progeny. He's a descendant of Thuwed Tlaloc, which shows as 3rd gen for some reason.

So, I checked the parents' lineage pages and found that both are 1st gens/CBs, as expected. Whood Thuwed and Ekxoh Tuhb Whood Thuwed.

Just what is going wrong here?

ETA: The dragon I was looking at has this lineage, showing the wrong generation for each and every dragon on the sheet. All dragons labelled as 2nd gen are actually CB. (I checked them all. Twice.)

That's okay. I found one with negative generations the other day. Now if only I could remember which one it was now . . .

Anyone else have problems with the site loading?

Yeah, it's quite laggy right now and I got a bad gateway error about a minute ago.

So I just caught a CB gold (yay), and I don't really know what to do to not make him killed. I heard multiple stories about cb metals getting viewbomber, and I really don't want that to happen to me. Is there any way to be sure for my egg to be safe? I hid my scroll but, at one point, It will need views and clicks.

Go to the egg's action page and use the "hide" function - that works better than hiding your whole scroll wink.gif

Then when it's down to 5 days or so, you can safely throw it into all of the hatcheries yourself.

Anyone else getting a 404 error for EATW? huh.gif

yeah me too for a few days now

@kreepers_killer congrats on the gold man! i would fog the egg until it reaches 4 days and then unfog and put it into hatcheries and then once it hatches, fog it again until its time for it to grow up

I would bet good money on teleport wink.gif

If an egg is in an active port it can't be BSA'd any other way.

@SullenCat - No. In my experience, it's never that neat/tidy with holiday eggs in the AP. The time it takes them to go away is 100% dependent on how many were bred and how quickly people scoop them up. They could theoretically disappear BEFORE the new CBs stop dropping if people were really inactive/not breeding much one year. But normally it lasts at least a few days afterward.

@kreepers_killer - Honestly I wouldn't even worry about it.Viewbombing does happen, but it's hardly a constant scourge that hits everyone all the time. Unless it's actually happened to you before, or you know for a fact that there is at least one person who a.) hates you or otherwise would want to attack you passive-aggressively, b.) knows you play DC, and c.) understands how DC works well enough to pull off a viewbombing. If none of that is true, then you are almost certainly safe. I am active on the forums with a link to my scroll in my sig at all times. I have even gotten in debates and arguments on the forums at times. I've raised two CB Golds, six CB Silvers, two G2 prizes, and other really nice eggs. I have never been viewbombed in the entire time I've played DC (since Feb '08). I have never hidden my scroll, or fogged an egg except when it was sick.

So, while it does happen, it's NOT worth going way out of your way and wasting so much energy worrying SOLELY because you have a valuable egg. It's just not as common as the stories about it seem to have made you believe.

Edited by Lurhstaap

are the fansites working for anybody else? if so could anyone add my eggs into them? fansites are refusing to load properly on my computer and i keep getting error messages

are the fansites working for anybody else? if so could anyone add my eggs into them? fansites are refusing to load properly on my computer and i keep getting error messages

I've added them (except the Almandine, which is a bit young) to Valley Sherwood, AoND, Silvis and EATW (which is up again for me, yay). Hope that helps! smile.gif

I've added them (except the Almandine, which is a bit young) to Valley Sherwood, AoND, Silvis and EATW (which is up again for me, yay). Hope that helps! smile.gif

thank you so much!!! i really appreciate it. i wonder if its my computer or my internet thats doing this

@SullenCat - No. In my experience, it's never that neat/tidy with holiday eggs in the AP. The time it takes them to go away is 100% dependent on how many were bred and how quickly people scoop them up. They could theoretically disappear BEFORE the new CBs stop dropping if people were really inactive/not breeding much one year. But normally it lasts at least a few days afterward.

Thank you.

I dunno if this is a silly question or not, but...what happened to CB Alamandines and CB Gaia Xenos in the cave? I haven't seen one in MONTHS! I've seen (and CAUGHT) more CB silvers than CB Gaias lately. I got lucky with an alamandine a few months ago, but haven't even seen a Gaia in over 6 months. Did these become rarer than CB silvers or something? I have caught CB Mageia Xenos by the buttload, as well as every other type of Xeno except Gaia and Chrono (but I have seen Chronos). I also catch one copper/chicken per week, and never see a Gaia! This is just too weird!

Just curious as to what happened to these guys and their rarity. I used to be able to catch them fairly easily.

I dunno if this is a silly question or not, but...what happened to CB Alamandines and CB Gaia Xenos in the cave? I haven't seen one in MONTHS! I've seen (and CAUGHT) more CB silvers than CB Gaias lately. I got lucky with an alamandine a few months ago, but haven't even seen a Gaia in over 6 months. Did these become rarer than CB silvers or something? I have caught CB Mageia Xenos by the buttload, as well as every other type of Xeno except Gaia and Chrono (but I have seen Chronos). I also catch one copper/chicken per week, and never see a Gaia! This is just too weird!

Just curious as to what happened to these guys and their rarity. I used to be able to catch them fairly easily.

I don't know about the Almandines, but I agree about the Gaia! And I have been watching the trading threads, too, but . . . nothing!

i caught an almandine yesterday as a gift for someone so they are there. i think just not as often as other rares as they're only in one biome. as for the gaias i dunno i havent seen any recently which is a shame